Quit Smoking

Wessies

Guest natalie3

OOh..but seriously good luck to all those quitters!!

...i can only imagine how poo it must be to give up the cillas..ill be thinking of u ,,,and watching,,and DEFINITLY reading!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wessies

• Andrea

• Nic

• dixie

Top Posters In This Topic

Nats, Nats, Nats

U r sooo going to regret it if you dont join!!

Guest natalie3
Nats, Nats, Nats

U r sooo going to regret it if you dont join!!

Why siener??..so u see aoxygen tank in my future??...

i see a bus,,,a nasty one ..it hits this ex-smoker oak while hes taking his morning jog...

No seriously,,,im just not ready...

Thats okay, your support will do for now. Don't want to sound like your family...

I'll shut my pie hole now ...

Guest natalie3
Thats okay, your support will do for now. Don't want to sound like your family...

I'll shut my pie hole now ...

Thanks wessie..i did stop once before...and filling the old pie-hole with low-fat snax really helped..think carrots, celery,.pretzels etc...

On the other hand maby a trip to dischem for some nicorette wont do me any harm....

mmmm..

im going to get a coffee..

Good Luck Quitters!! I'm standing right behind you!! Without a smoke to tempt!!

Remember to stay away from your triggers. (not the guns the ones that make you feel like a smoke!!)

Dink aan julle :D

Ons gaan vandag Bloemfontein toe maar sal aan julle dink. ek dink julle doen 'n goeie ding byt net vas.

Jacqueline

Remember to stay away from your triggers.
Very true, alcoholic beverages in particular. Even coffee might trigger a "lus" for a smoke.

I'd consider some normal chewing gum to help "fight" the cravings, but not only that, it gives your mouth something to do. Get the sugar free variety and keep on chewing. Your jaws will get numb and sore, but it's worth it.

And for those of you who are going to use Nicorettes: They have a somewhat vile taste, but there are flavoured ones - mint I think. Your tongue will experience a burning sensation after having chewed the nicotine gum for a short while.

It's at that moment that you remove the "cud" and save it. Put it back in it's wrapper - and don't worry, nobody else is going to chew it, so it's fine. Then, after a while, when the craving becomes too much, start chewing on that same piece of gum again. The burning sensation will again be experienced.

Remove and store. By its third usage, continue chewing, even after all the flavour is gone. It will keep your mouth busy and help to stave off the "need".

Good luck to everyone. It is tough, but it is doable. And, if at first you don't succeed, try again. And again.

Baie, baie sterkte.

GOOD LUCK to all you guys...it's worth the effort. I will definitely check back on this thread to see how you all are doing and to offer some support.

Lindie

Hi All,

Well so far so good!

Had my last puff at about 10 last night.

Every time I feel 'lus' I make myself run up and down the stairs twice! I figured it makes me out of breath so I know why I am stopping and maybe curb some of the weight gain!

I am lucky to work at home so people will not see me do all these weird things.

Hope everyone is going strong too!

Yay, glad to see I have some company. This is my 4th smoke free day and I have to say it's getting easier. :whome: No, really it is!! DH has not joined me and is smoking more in protest! Sucker! :unsure: I am thinking of starting a list of 'reasons to quit', similiar to the one I made of 'reasons to immigrate' all those years ago. I know my immigration list worked a treat - I stuck it to the fridge for the 1st few months after getting here, it definitely helped on those bad days, when you are missing friends and family and it all seems so hard ....... :unsure:

Anyone out there want to suggest 'reasons' so I can make this list as long as possible ?? :whome: It might help us all stay on track too, over the next few days ....

Andrea

:ilikeit:B) Congrats to all the Quitters and u do give us Sinners of smokes inspiration!!

all the best and I hope to oneday be a quitter to!!!!!

:holy: col

Guest natalie3
Yay, glad to see I have some company. This is my 4th smoke free day and I have to say it's getting easier. :whome: No, really it is!! DH has not joined me and is smoking more in protest! Sucker! :) I am thinking of starting a list of 'reasons to quit', similiar to the one I made of 'reasons to immigrate' all those years ago. I know my immigration list worked a treat - I stuck it to the fridge for the 1st few months after getting here, it definitely helped on those bad days, when you are missing friends and family and it all seems so hard ....... :whome:

Anyone out there want to suggest 'reasons' so I can make this list as long as possible ?? :) It might help us all stay on track too, over the next few days ....

Andrea

I have a few reasons

Smoking is : expensive, bad for u, makes your hair,clothes etc stink, teeth yellow,..unfit,,,wrinkly..always the outsider..lethargic...

mm..maby i should quit as well...

Day 1 - I made it. Not 1 puff.

Was not easy and had to calm myself a number of times. Ok it was hell. But, if I can do 1 day I can do another.

Were's my quiting partners???

Guest natalie3
Day 1 - I made it. Not 1 puff.

Was not easy and had to calm myself a number of times. Ok it was hell. But, if I can do 1 day I can do another.

Were's my quiting partners???

Take me hat off to u nic!..i really u do hey!!..stay strong..it might sound poitless from me..but hope it helps some

Oh..and let me be the first to congratulate u on your first day as a non-smoker! :ilikeit:

Ons is darem ook nog hier!

Voel nou nie meer so lekka nie, maar ons is nog hier....

Yep, ek en my man hou nog uit, gaan mekaar dalk nog vermoor voor die einde van die week :blush:

Dag 1 is verby, nou "tackle" ons dag 2. Wonder ook wat van die ander geword het...

Guest natalie3
Ons is darem ook nog hier!

Voel nou nie meer so lekka nie, maar ons is nog hier....

Yep, ek en my man hou nog uit, gaan mekaar dalk nog vermoor voor die einde van die week :blush:

Dag 1 is verby, nou "tackle" ons dag 2. Wonder ook wat van die ander geword het...

Hulle is tjoep-still want hulle rook skelm!!! :blush:

Dis mooi! Hou so aan!

Dae twee en drie is die moeilikstes. Die brein speel allerhande speletjies met jou en jy droom daarvan.

Maar, moenie kopgee nie! Kou sakke vol rou wortels. En suig ook aan kaneelstokke, asof dit sigarette is. Drink water. Gaan stap. Kou pakkies vol kougom, maar moenie besgee nie. Julle is nou al 'n ent weg. :blush:

Sterkte.

For those not in Australia yet, Did you know : It is illegal to smoke in a vehicle that has passengers under 16 years of age. Smoking is banned in all pubs, pool/billiard halls, etc, and will eventually be banned in all public places (even open venues, eg. beach, park). A packet of smokes (standard size is 30 smokes) costs around $10-$13. Smoking is banned at all school grounds, so no smoking while you watch your kids play sport. You'd have to physically leave the grounds to have a quick drag! You can't smoke within about 1 metre of a shopping mall, and most definitely not under the undercover parking areas. If you put out your smoke on the pavement, you are expected to pick the dead 'stompie' up and throw it in a bin (not down the drain!!).

I'm in South Australia, so not sure of the other states 'rules', etc.

Andrea

ps. Day 5 - I am still smoke free and I ran 5km, without dying .....

Wow, Andrea, thats great! Proud of you. If you made it this far, you can go all the way to never smoking again, ever!

Congrats...

now why would I want to stop smoking..... nope I'm not joining in. My smoke over a week-end I enjoy too much with a glass of wine.

Guest natalie3
now why would I want to stop smoking..... nope I'm not joining in. My smoke over a week-end I enjoy too much with a glass of wine.

All i can say is SIES!!..these guys are trying to stop...give a little support man!