Moving to Australia / Want to move? some help for all...

Matty H

Hallo All,

Just a bit of guidance for all.

My mother is living in South Australia and is experienced in the immigration field. We left Durban about 5 years ago and have been helping people out since.

She is well associated with recruitment companies and migration agents and can definately put you in touch with the right people.

So what you can do is get in touch with her and explain what you are wanting to do.

You can contact her on the following email charmharris@iprimus.com.au

I am quite confident that she will be able to assist you and tell you where you stand.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Matt

Thanks Matt!

This is very nice of you.

Sonja

Matty H, I think you might have started something here! Hope you warned your mother that she's about to be inundated with emails! :unsure:

Matty H, I think you might have started something here! Hope you warned your mother that she's about to be inundated with emails! :unsure:

Morning All,

Just a quick one to all. My mother is more than happy to help where she can. If she cant give certain advice she will let you know or pass you onto to someone who can. Advice is free. So even though she runs a relocation company and works in immigration please do not be angered with this mail as some may be feeling that I have done this to only market her company. I am actually working abroad at the moment and just recently found out that she has someone from SA temp living in my old room until their family arrives. haha. Like i said, one person helping another. Just hope that those moving to South Aus will give us a shout.

Have a great Day to all.

Matt

Thanks for this it is really great - any help, any tips, any pointers are so welcome.

Thanks Matt!

Think you've just helped a couple of people out!

:blink:

No silly..your tip is exactly that...help..thats all we are here for anyway!!

...and i am grateful for any help i can get!

I really disagree!

Matty, No offense but you are SPAMMING our forums. And it is not appreciated. Your very first post is an advert for a paid service. I reported your post last night as SPAM. Since then you have made two more posts advertising your mother's company. So out of four posts three are adverts.

While some people will find your mother's company beneficial there is a place for adverts. It is on this thread: http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showforum=48

Please MODERATORS HOSTS: I reported this post to you. If I am wrong then let me know why. Is it acceptable to post adverts in 3 out of your first 4 posts?

Edited by Jordy

Thanks a mil for your help. This is great!!!!! :blink:

I am sure most of the people on this forum are going to be contacting your mother.

Hi everyone,

This is Matt's mother, Matt allowed me to sign in and put you all in the picture about what I do, so that you will not think I am ADVERTISING!!!!!!

I came to Australia 4 years ago, I know what it is like to leave the country I love, leave the people I love behind, leave my children whom I had NEVER been seperated from behind. I know what it is like to move to a country and start all over again in a culture that is different to what I was used to. I know what it is like to try and market yourself in a new work environment, how it feels when people make fun of your accent!!!!! I know what it is like to try and rent a home, apply for my tax file number, open a new bank account, compile a CV to Australian Standards, buy a new car, catch public transport for the first time. I KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I am passionate about helping anyone who would like some advise. I CHARGE NOTHING FOR MY SERVICES I do this because I have been there, learnt so much along the way and would love to help people. I have assisted many South Africans to relocate to Australia, and have kept in touch with every single person I know how they are doing, how they are coping and how their children are coping in their respective environments, it brings me joy. I love this country it has been very good to my husband and I, and if I can help anyone with the biggest decision they have to make IT WILL BE MY PLEASURE TO DO SO.

I can pass your cv onto a recruitment agency and get a migration agent to assist you with a visa, I have gone that route so feel confident to assit any person wishing to MAKE THE MOVE!!!!! It is a big decision for any person to make I HAVE BEEN THERE!!!!!! so forgive me if I get a little hurt when people can be so critical to my intentions.

Have a good day!!

Regards

Charmaine Harris

Matty , it's fantastic that you mother would offer assistance free of charge to prospecting immigrants, but unfortunately you can not "advertise" her relocating business. I'll change your post to leave out the relevant bits. Also, not good to have her Email address published on the WWW like that - she'll be smothered in no time, not only by ppl seeking advice, but spammers picking up that detail from the Internet. Rather let her join the forum and give her the opportunity to offer her advice in a safe environment which would not only help the one person who has the question, but the many others who will read her posts. As her Email address reflects her business name, I'll have to remove it in the meantime - once she has an alternative Email, and still wish for it to be published on the forum, you could PM me, and I will add it to your post.

She is most welcome to advertise her relocation business by purchasing a banner ad. We have to keep it fair to everyone out there with their own businesses, not allowed to advertise such in their posts.

Matty , it's fantastic that you mother would offer assistance free of charge to prospecting immigrants, but unfortunately you can not "advertise" her relocating business. I'll change your post to leave out the relevant bits. Also, not good to have her Email address published on the WWW like that - she'll be smothered in no time, not only by ppl seeking advice, but spammers picking up that detail from the Internet. Rather let her join the forum and give her the opportunity to offer her advice in a safe environment which would not only help the one person who has the question, but the many others who will read her posts. As her Email address reflects her business name, I'll have to remove it in the meantime - once she has an alternative Email, and still wish for it to be published on the forum, you could PM me, and I will add it to your post.

She is most welcome to advertise her relocation business by purchasing a banner ad. We have to keep it fair to everyone out there with their own businesses, not allowed to advertise such in their posts.

Hey.

Thanks for the comments. Would appreciate it if we could sort this post and still get it out there. Understand the issue on advertising but i tried to structure it in the way of showing the people that my mother knows what she is talking about and had to prove it somehow. There is nothing worse than taking advice from someone who only knows one thing and forgets that every coin has 2 sides.

tell me what we can do set this post up as my moms passion far exceeds most.

thanks again.

Matt

Hi All

Just want to let you know that this is definately not a sales pitch.

I have been in contact with Charmaine via e mail and she is so willing to help.

Thanks Matty for the contact information, very very much appreciated. :ilikeit:

Matty, I've sent you a PM. :blush:

Just want to let you know that this is definately not a sales pitch.

I have been in contact with Charmaine via e mail and she is so willing to help.

Anyone else had any luck with Charmaine, my hubby has e mailed her and heard nothing....

I heard back from her, but I believe she has/is away on leave.

Hi Red

Charmaine has sent me mail last week together with the price lists of the services she offers - brilliant stuff and excellent idea for us new comers.

Regards

Zarina