Bipolar Disordes

Pink Missy

:thumbdown:

I was wondering if anybody can tell me how the medical care is in OZ for people with bipolar disorder.

Is there special medical cover for it?

Is there institutions for treatment in Perth?

Will it be a problem obtaining a visa if you have it?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, as nobody seems to know anything about it.

Thanx

Not sure about visa, but I do know here down south (NZ and Australia) there is a much greater understanding for people with mental disorders. Bigger help available, advertisements urging people to get help, tell them where to get help etc. They are much more open.

Also read the post about "crazies" which made my blood boil. Luckily cooled down, but still gave a heated reply on that one.

Here they help people with problems, they don't hide them away or point and laugh. (well still some do, you get them everywhere, or maybe they came from Africa!)

The main thing is to get you over here first. Hope you find a reply on the visa question.

• 8 years later...
On 04 March 2008 at 1:55 PM, Pink Missy said:

:thumbdown:

I was wondering if anybody can tell me how the medical care is in OZ for people with bipolar disorder.

Is there special medical cover for it?

Is there institutions for treatment in Perth?

Will it be a problem obtaining a visa if you have it?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, as nobody seems to know anything about it.

Thanx

Hello :-)  this is a very old post of yours but I was wondering about the outcome and if you can perhaps share some information/advise on this?

• Like 1

@Lillie Hi Lillie, I just wanted to advise that neither of the two above posters have visited the site since 2013... so not sure you will get an answer from them.

I would suggest you start a new post... posing the questions that you would like answers to.

• Like 1