• Saturday 29 March 2008
    • Sunday 30 March 2008
    • Saturday 05 April 2008
    • Sunday 06 April 2008
    • Saturday 12 April 2008
    • Sunday 13 April 2008
    • Saturday 19 April 2008
    • Sunday 20 April 2008

Ag no man, this is a day before I arrive in Sydney. Would have been nice to catch up with the Saffer Sydneysiders.

Enjoy!!

Guest mrs mupersan

The Mupersans will be there!!! But when does the daylight savings change? At midnight on the 29th or at midnight on the 30th? A bit confused about this cos it'll affect the time that we have to be at Bobbin Head..... :P

We'll have a car so will make our own way there.

Can't wait to meet everyone! :-)))

Cheers,

Mandy

PS: Still don't have internet so will just go straight to Bobbin Head on Sunday and hope that no plans change before we get there.

Daylight savings only ends on 6 April

Daylight Saving 2007- 2008

Daylight saving starts on Sunday 28 October 2007 at 2 am Eastern Standard Time when clocks are put forward one hour and ends on Sunday 6 April 2008 at 3 am summer time when clocks are put back one hour.

From http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/lawlink/cru/..._daylightsaving

The Mupersans will be there!!! But when does the daylight savings change? At midnight on the 29th or at midnight on the 30th? A bit confused about this cos it'll affect the time that we have to be at Bobbin Head..... :P

It won't affect the time. It will still start at the same time relative to NSW. It will just start at a different time relative to South Africa.

You have set your watch to Aus time...haven't you? :whome: Just checking.

Guest mrs mupersan

LOL!!! :-) My calendar at home (bought in Sydney) says daylight saving changes on the 30th. No wonder it was going cheap! :P

See you on Sunday. Just spoke to Tytan - him and his wife will be joining us as well.

Cheers,

Mands

Can't wait to meet you all as well.

Talk about confused I also thought time changes this weekend and with earth hour as well my brain has turned to pap.

I heard a rumour that the weather was gonna be fine this weekend, will check again tomorrow.

Have a great day,

S

Hi everyone

My husband and I landed on the 18th of Feb and I've been desperately searching the web for social get togethers so delighted to hear about the event planned for Sunday...

Been really home sick the past 2 weeks so would appreciate some social contact with people in the same boat.

William and I will be there on Sunday...

Thanks

K

Hi Linky

Shoo glad you found us before the weekend. Where are you staying it will be great to meet you. If you know any other saffers you are welcome to bring them along.

S

Hi S

We are staying in Dulwich Hill (one of the Inner West suburbs), it is close to Marrickville Road which seems to be more well known than Dulwich Hill!!!

I've allready e-mailed a family who has immigrated earlier this month - I am still to meet them myself so would be an excellent time for this on Sunday - I am hoping they can make it, otherwise really looking forward to meeting everyone from the forum.

Bobbin Head looks excellent, hoping for good weather :-)

See you Sunday

Linky

Hi there

I will put up some balloons (hopefully I can find some green and gold) so you know where to find us. For those of you that don't know Bobbin Head you go through the gate through the windy roads and when you cross the bridge with the boats on the right we will be on the grassed area on the left.

See you all tomorrow.

S

Hi sa2auz,

I will also have a look for balloons, only thing is that it will take us about 1 & 1/2 hours to get there so I hope we will be able to make it a bit early.

See all tomorrow

Estelle

Hi sa2auz,

I will also have a look for balloons, only thing is that it will take us about 1 & 1/2 hours to get there so I hope we will be able to make it a bit early.

See all tomorrow

Estelle

Hi everyone

Thank you so much for organising the get together.

Was so nice to meet everyone and chat to people that has been through the same experiences or living it at the same time as us :thumbdown:

Have a good week

Karen & William

Hi

Thanks to everyone who made the effort to meet up today it was great to meet so many new Sydneysiders. :thumbdown: I know it can be daunting to meet a whole lot of strangers but I would like to encourage anyone who didn't make it this time to join us next time, we really are quite normal, (I think) :whome:

I wish I had more time to chat to everyone, I think we had a good turnout and it will be great to see some photos.

I really enjoyed finally putting faces to names and I am going to make a effort to remember everyones real names, faces etc.

Lovies

S

PS. Hope nobody got stopped by the cops at the gate.

Hi all,

A BIG THANK YOU to those who organised today, what a great venue :) . Had a great time and it was wonderful to meet you all. We should do it again sometime.

Luckily we left just as those coppers were arriving :blush:

Hope to see you all again soon.

Ciao b + g

Hi S,

worked out how to do the pic attachment. only attached 1 pic of the day.

cheers b

post-8101-1206877498.jpg

Yip!

THX to all. We had a really great time. It was nice to meet you guys. Should do it again soon.

Cheers

Nick, Adèle, Saskia & Anzel Vos

Guest mrs mupersan

It was FABULOUS meeting all the Sydneysiders yesterday!!! Thanks for a great day.

I took loads of pics but haven't downloaded them yet. I'm just quickly having a looky-loo at the forum before I start work so when I FINALLY get my ADSL hooked up (Wednesday), I'll post some of the pics.

Have a great week everyone!!!

Cheers,

THE MUPERSANS

(aka Mandy & Scott)

Hi,

Thanks from us for a fabulous day! The weather was great and all we met heaps of people.

Attached are some photos

Love

Estelle

post-1962-1206942586.jpg

post-1962-1206942622.jpg

post-1962-1206943299.jpg

post-1962-1206943387.jpg

Edited by E & CJ

Hi Everyone,

We had a lovely time, weather was great, food was lovely, and company was good. What more can you ask for.

Thanks to the Organisers of this lovely day out.

Regards Rina & George

I'm sorry we missed it..... :( (Definitely next time!! :thumbdown: ) Glad you all had a good time!