• Sunday 30 March 2008
    • Saturday 05 April 2008
    • Sunday 06 April 2008
    • Saturday 12 April 2008
    • Sunday 13 April 2008
    • Saturday 19 April 2008
    • Sunday 20 April 2008

Hi,

Could not edit previous poll so had to do another one -sorry guys & gals. We have added some more dates to choose from. Please submit (re-submit) your poll as soon as possible so that we can get a feel for numbers and dates preferred.

Cheers

Estelle

Guest mrs mupersan

Hi Estelle

Where are these places? Can they be reached by train? Scott and I have only just arrived - 5 days ago - so we don't really know our way around and don't have a car either.

Cheers,

Mandy

Hi there

Thanks for adding some new dates, I think we will get alot more people if we make it later. Mrs Mupersan both options are north of Chatswood, Bobbin Head is Turramurra direction and Terrey Hills Tavern is on Monavale in Terrey Hills. Don't worry about transport if you can make a date we can arrange to fetch you at the station in Gordon and get you wherever.

S

Hi Mandy,

Welcome to Syndey! How has you first few days been? Where are you staying now? We are in the West of Sydney but will drive there.

Cheers

Estelle

Ons al dit ook daarvan hou om julle te join, al is dit so 'n bietjie ver, maar ek het 'n erge vrees vir tolkameras deur tonnels en oor brue. Is een van die plekke darem bietjie Noord van dit?

Groete

JJ

Ons al dit ook daarvan hou om julle te join, al is dit so 'n bietjie ver, maar ek het 'n erge vrees vir tolkameras deur tonnels en oor brue. Is een van die plekke darem bietjie Noord van dit?

Groete

JJ

Hallo JJ, Ek lees nou jou post en sien die bogenoemde. Het jy regtig so 'n vrees? Sorry ek vra, maar jy het dit nou genoem en ek is net so vrek bang vir 'n brug en vir trappe.

Groete,

Hi,

I arrived this past Saturday. Would love to meet some Saffers in Sydney. Had the same question as Mrs. Mupersan about getting there. Am currently staying in town, Chippendale, close to Central Station, thus it is still public transport for me. Some more details as to how to get there (where ever it might end up being) will be greatly appreciated!

But hope to meet a couple of the forum members soon!

Jannie

Hi there

As soon as a date and venue are confirmed I will post a map and all the details on what 2 bring etc. Once we have numbers we can also arrange a lift or something for those using public transport.

S

Hi All!

My wife and I would also LOVE to come! Pls keep us up to speed in respect of where /when etc.

Cheers

Nick

I've had to revise my dates anyway (double booked... :blush: ), so this is great that we have more dates available!!

We've just done the Bobbin Head track this weekend - 10.7km of beauty!! The picnic area has heaps of gazebos, green lawns, waterfront views and a big playground for the kids. There's also a visitor info centre, cafe, BBQ's and clean toilets. :rolleyes: Park entrance is $11 and gates lock again @ 5:30pm

Hi all

Just a note not to get confused this BBQ at Bobbin Head will definately go ahead and is different to the one in Maitland on 8 March as advertised in the communities section.

Hope to see you all at Bobbin Head.

Hi,

Let's then confirm the Sydneysider get-together for Sunday 30th March 2008 from around 11h30 at Bobbin Head. We will post a map etc closer to the date and also keep tabs on the weather and let u know if we then change the venue as a result.

Hope to see all there!

Cheers

Estelle

Hi all

Please be sure to get the word around and advise as many of your SA friends and colleagues as you can.

See you there

Ons sal daar wees.

Ek (Heinrich), Tania, en die 2 kinders van so 9 en (amper) 7 jaar.

Julle kan 'n kaart na die plek kry op my blog.

Sien julle daar.

Edited by Swerwer

Hallo daar Swerwer!

Dis n redelike groot plek met n aantal braaiplekke ens. Hoe sal ons weet waar die SAFFERS byeenkom? Daar sal allermins heelwat ander mense wees ook.

Groete

Nick Vos

Hey gang,

Really sorry but I'm not going to be able to make it on 30th - it's my son's 15 birthday on that day and we're planning something for him. Have a great time everyone!

Cheers

Ajay

Hi,

The BBQ is still scheduled to go ahead - this is still confirmed for Sunday 30th March 2008 from around 11h30 at Bobbin Head.

Anyone in need of a lift, please post here so that we can arrange somebody to pick you up. Also, please find the map to Bobbin Head as per post from Swerwer on his blog. Any questions, please submit them here..

Hope to see u all there!

Estelle

Hi,

The BBQ is still scheduled to go ahead - this is still confirmed for Sunday 30th March 2008 from around 11h30 at Bobbin Head.

Anyone in need of a lift, please post here so that we can arrange somebody to pick you up. Also, please find the map to Bobbin Head as per post from Swerwer on his blog. Any questions, please submit them here..

Hope to see u all there!

Estelle

Hi,

Anyone in need of a lift, please post here so that we can arrange somebody to pick you up. Also, please find the map to Bobbin Head as per post from Swerwer on his blog. Any questions, pleas

Hi,

Hope to see u all there!

Estelle

Bobbin_Head___Google_Maps.htm

*** Sorry, had some gremlins going here ***

Hi,

Just to confirm that the BBQ @ Bobbin Head on Sunday 30 March 2008 is still going ahead as planned. Please refer to post above from Swerwer for maps etc.

Hope to see u all there!

Estelle

Edited by E & CJ

Hi there everyone!

The Sydney Braai will be on Sunday 30 March @ 11:30 am onwards at Bobbin Head.

ALL & ANY Ex South Africans are most welcome, so spread the word & bring your friends!!

It is a B.Y.O (Bring your own) everything:

Meat for BBQ, spices, utensils

Drinks, glasses, ice, bottle opener

Salad, rolls or whatever

Chips, Dips, snacks etc

Crockery & Cutlery

Chairs, Table, picnic blanket - if you have one/need one

Bicycles/Scooters/Bats & Balls etc.

Each family please bring a packet of chips/biscuits/lollies/melktert to share

$11 for Entrance Fee per car or you can get an annual pass for all the parks.

My kids always end up trying to catch crabs and small fish so perhaps bring a change of clothes and a bucket just incase.

As per the post above with a link to the map the UBD reference is pg 114 P14

Hope to see you all there

S