Hairdresser

Vossie

Hi

I am helping a freind looking for a job. He is a hairdresser. If anyone can advise on recruitment agent, job or visa suggestions, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Elmare

Guest Jules

Hi Elmare,

Fortunately hairdressing is on the MODL and has been for some time so the chances of your friend being able to find a job are probably high. Besides the usual sites like seek.com.au or careerone.com.au he can try Salon Scout.

If he has recent work experience and meets the criteria then I would suggest that he apply for PR while hairdressing is still on the MODL list. I did a skills assessment for hairdressing a couple of years back. I studied part time in SA for 2 years although I didn't do the final trade test, then worked as a qualified stylist in London for a year and a half on the strength of a practical interview and then I came back to SA and didn't do it anymore as I helped my hubby in his business. I still passed the skills assessment although I couldn't use it for emigration as I had no recent work experience. He should have no trouble passing the assessment and if he has recent work experience he will be home and dry.

Hope this helps!

Julie :ilikeit:

Hi Julie

Thanks for the info. Do you have any idea about other recruitment agents, salary, etc. He is still busy applying for passport etc, when should he start applying for visa?

Thanks

Elmare

Guest Jules

Hi Elmare <_<

I found another site for hairdressing jobs. I haven't worked as a hairdresser here but I understand the salaries start at around $30 000 p.a. They vary enormously depending on skill level and from salon to salon.

As far as the visa application is concerned, if he wants to apply for PR he should get the TRA form here and start gathering the information he needs then once he gets his passport he will be ready so submit the assessment. It takes around 3 months to process and then he can apply for his visa.

Julie :)