475 Visa - Skilled Regional Sonsored

Asenath vd Berg

Hi Everybody,

My husband & I are in the process of applying for our Visa in Australia. We were 5 points short to secure a Perm Residency BUT we qualified for the Skilled Regional Sponsored 475 Visa (3 year Temp Residency). I have a few questions and maybe you guys who have been through this can assist.

Both my husband & I are currently 28years (visa will take a year) - I am in HR (Recruitment) and my Husband in Procurement/Sales.

My questions are as follows:

- I would just like to know how easy is it to find employment on a Temp Residency?

- We will be able to apply for Perm Residency once we have been there for 2 years - can we be assured we will get our Perm Residency then if we are 5 points short now (think you get extra points if you live there)?

Thank you!

Edited by Asenath vd Berg

Hi Everybody,

My husband & I are in the process of applying for our Visa in Australia. We were 5 points short to secure a Perm Residency BUT we qualified for the Skilled Regional Sponsored 475 Visa (3 year Temp Residency). I have a few questions and maybe you guys who have been through this can assist.

Both my husband & I are currently 28years (visa will take a year) - I am in HR (Recruitment) and my Husband in Procurement/Sales.

My questions are as follows:

- I would just like to know how easy is it to find employment on a Temp Residency?

- We will be able to apply for Perm Residency once we have been there for 2 years - can we be assured we will get our Perm Residency then if we are 5 points short now (think you get extra points if you live there)?

The good news is that your skills are wanted, but your experience does count a lot, log onto seek.com and register a profile or 3. you might get lucky with a 457 sponsored 4 yr visa as well.

Also, chat to PT labs from the forum, he is a wealth of info.I am sure that you would both find employment.

Good luck

scott

Thank you!

"AC" vd Berg

I have applied for about 12 jobs and I have had 3 replies this last week requesting more info. No offers yet but the recruitment agency phoned me from oz this morning!! Possibiity of a sponsorship. I was not expecting a response so soon because there are very few positions open for jewellery designers!! Even though it says on the ads that you must be a resident, apply anyway! All the ones I applied for said that you must be a PR.

All the best! I hope you find what you are looking for!

Hi AC,

We moved here on the Regional Visa in April 2006. I was lucky enough to find a job (in IT) within 2 weeks.

To get your PR Visa after 2 years you need to have lived in a regional area for those 2 years and worked full-time for at least 12 months of those 2 years. The work you undertake doesn't have to be in your nominated occupation.

There is now a special PR Visa which you apply for after the 2 years called the Skilled – Regional (Residence) visa (subclass 887).

See http://www.dimia.gov.au/skilled/general-sk...n/887/index.htm

Good luck

Chris