That is it then

Bushkey

Sunday was 12 February 2008. I eventually got the guts to mention immigration to my wife. I was very surprised to find that she was nearly as keen as me. So that is it then, that part of the proses seems to be shortened with a few days :)

I told every body that wanted to listen that I won't consider immigration. But like the old saying goes:"Never say never".

I have a few problems though. I was a Police Officer from December 1990 to December 2003. In this time I spent the majority of my time as a Detective and was stationed at Lowveld Murder and Robbery. All the specialized units was disbanded and I was forced into another form off Policing. The last few years I spent as a CSI (Crime scene investigator) at the Local Criminal Record Centre in Tzaneen. Other than this I don't have any other qualifications. I am highly qualified when it comes to Policing. December 2003 I resigned from the Police as a Detective Inspector because there was no going forward for me there, due to my color. Since December 2003 I am in business for myself. With the help of a friend and family I got a business going, which is doing exceptionally well. To be honest better than anticipated. I am now busy with the development of a Office park and Water Front in Tzaneen.

My wife is a farmer. She farms with Avocado's, Litchis, Macadamias, Pecan nuts and Cycads. She lost the biggest income of the farm due to the farm restitution process. There is also the sword of Land Claims constantly hanging over ones head.

This is where the forum members can help me, with advice and encouragement. Because of our educational background we don't have specific trades to fall back on to :lol: . Will they even consider us? Can I buy a business in Oz without a PR? Is the fact that I am an owner and manager of my own business of any help(sales position etc)?

Thank you all.

Hey there

Yip, never say never...i must say i love your first line, brilliant intro....well that's the first step...many people may not be "qualified" but then again experience also qualifies one so to speak...can't really answer other than say take it one step at a time and WELCOME to a huge community here :)

research www.immi.gov.au

also, maybe ask your questions you had rather under application or somewhere there then more would respond...or on top right select search and search to find existing topics like policeman and so forth....

Oh, and owning your own business is also employment so does count!!!

Hey there

Yip, never say never...i must say i love your first line, brilliant intro....well that's the first step...many people may not be "qualified" but then again experience also qualifies one so to speak...can't really answer other than say take it one step at a time and WELCOME to a huge community here :)

research www.immi.gov.au

also, maybe ask your questions you had rather under application or somewhere there then more would respond...or on top right select search and search to find existing topics like policeman and so forth....

Oh, and owning your own business is also employment so does count!!!

Thank you for the response and advice. I will post up at the other section. Wanted to introduce myself quickly. Thanks again.

Howzit and welcome to the forum. You will make many friends here and do ask those nagging questions - even the silly ones - someone will have an answer.

I don't know about police qualifications being on the Skills list (haven't checked), but I cannot see why your skills cannot perhaps be applied in a different field. An agent would be able to help you with this - ptlabs, fiona etc. are agents on the forum, contact them about this.

Mupersan and his wife also have no formal paperwork for their qualifications but a lifetime of expertise. Perhaps PM him and get some inside info.

So, don't think it's all a hopeless case. Somewhere there will be a way for you to go to Oz. Oh, and well done to you and your wife for being such hard workers. I see a bright future for the two of you in Oz.

Howzit and welcome to the forum. You will make many friends here and do ask those nagging questions - even the silly ones - someone will have an answer.

I don't know about police qualifications being on the Skills list (haven't checked), but I cannot see why your skills cannot perhaps be applied in a different field. An agent would be able to help you with this - ptlabs, fiona etc. are agents on the forum, contact them about this.

Mupersan and his wife also have no formal paperwork for their qualifications but a lifetime of expertise. Perhaps PM him and get some inside info.

So, don't think it's all a hopeless case. Somewhere there will be a way for you to go to Oz. Oh, and well done to you and your wife for being such hard workers. I see a bright future for the two of you in Oz.

Hi Milo. Thanks for the compliment and advise. I am going to use it.

Thanks

Hallo Bushkey

Good on you, mate!! Congratulations with your own business doing so well.

Yes, you can enter as an enprepreneur either buying or starting your own business. Also be on the lookout for bunisesses (spelling?) in Oz whants needs partners to get involved. The constructing and especialy the plumbing guys are doing good at this moment with their huge growth in the industry sector.

I've seen somewhere on the forum someone from Melbourne mentioned about a contact for such opportunities. Don't ask me where.

I personally would advise to make use of an agent based in Aus, might be more expensive but I think still worth wile.

All the best with the huge step.

Martin

Edited by 4vannemerwes