Guns!

DA2ozz

No guns allowed in Oz, unless you are practising a sport (target shooting) or professional hunter to the best of my knowledge.

Hi there

My husband is taking all his "longarms" 930-06, 416, shotgun, .22) he is working through an agency there who will do the imports and "Kruitvat" (a gunshop in JHB) will do the exporting out of SA. They apparently have done quite a few exports to OZ. He is not taking handguns. I will ask him the details and post the cost as well.

It's still very costly, and you'll have to stay current or very active. That's why most guys opt for a sport or club in order to take part in regular meetings and shootings. Check the costs with clubs etc on that side, can be quite a few and maybe not worth all your while in the end.

The good old boer way of recreational (or pot) hunting as an annual trip...that just won't cut it.

But your welcome to come with feedback from ouens like the Kruidvat, Oom Lucas en die boys!

Hi there

My husband is taking all his "longarms" 930-06, 416, shotgun, .22) he is working through an agency there who will do the imports and "Kruitvat" (a gunshop in JHB) will do the exporting out of SA. They apparently have done quite a few exports to OZ. He is not taking handguns. I will ask him the details and post the cost as well.

Hi there, thanx for the response, I will really appreciate the info.

It's still very costly, and you'll have to stay current or very active. That's why most guys opt for a sport or club in order to take part in regular meetings and shootings. Check the costs with clubs etc on that side, can be quite a few and maybe not worth all your while in the end.

The good old boer way of recreational (or pot) hunting as an annual trip...that just won't cut it.

But your welcome to come with feedback from ouens like the Kruidvat, Oom Lucas en die boys!

Howzit, I hunt every year but never done it as a sport so if I have to join a club to go shooting, well that's also ok. Da Ka ek die Auzzies wys hoe skiet ons boere en hulle moenie k-k soekie.

DD