We are new.

Nic

Hallo to all

We are new and very excited to join the rest of you in Aus very soon. Me my wife and 2 kids (1 & 5)

Only thing holding us up is the d#@**@ IELTS test. Could only get a booking 10 May. I will be working in Melbourne North (Campbellfield)

We are from George in the Garden Route, Southen Cape. Very sad to leave but like most of you, doing it for the children.

I was very lucky with finding a job, basically sended out a couple of CV's and had work within 3 days. (I am a boat builder)

We've been reading this forum for months and most of the questions we had was answered by just paging trough the site. Fantastic.

As you would probably know the biggest worry for most parents is were to find a good school. Especially with a 5 year old who's first language is afrikaans.

His English is actually not bad. Please let us know if you know a good school in the area. Well that is our story. I will be in Oz on the 12th of March to meet my new boss and find school,suburbs ext.

Cheers

Hi There,

Welcome and you are in the same boat (no punt intended) as all of us.

You'll find tons of info on this forum.

May I as what Job site did you use or did you contact someone there directly?

Regards,

MCD

Hi Nic

Welcome, hope all goes smoothly from here on out!

If you are going to be working in Campbellfield, you may want to look at Sunbury as a place to stay, very affordable, good junior schools, and within easy travelling distance to your work. Have another SA family that live there and hubby works in Campbellfield as well.

PM or email me if you want more info.

Hi There,

Welcome and you are in the same boat (no punt intended) as all of us.

You'll find tons of info on this forum.

May I as what Job site did you use or did you contact someone there directly?

Regards,

MCD

I send my CV to every boat builder and boat dealer I could find.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Hello, new Nic,

And welcome to the forum. Congrats on your Aus job, by the way!

We are also in the waiting line now, waiting for our IELTS English test, which will also be on 10 May. And then the rest of our waiting begins... joy!

Cheers

TereMel

Welcome and good luck, why are you leaving the beautifull Garder Route? or is SA, SA no matter were you live?

Welcome and good luck, why are you leaving the beautifull Garder Route? or is SA, SA no matter were you live?

Yes the Garden route is fantastic. I want my kids to have the freedom to decide were they want to stay and work in treir country. In SA the criminals decide for you. My son might want to be a policemen or doctor. Let me take them to a country where they can follow there dreams

Hello and welcome! :ilikeit:

I don't know how important it is to you, or if you've already thought of it, but you could consider taking the IELTS test in Botswana or Namibia (or elsewhere), where (last I knew) there were plenty of vacancies.

Have a great time visiting Australia to get things started! <_<

Mark

Edited by Tobold

Hi Nic

Welcome, hope all goes smoothly from here on out!

If you are going to be working in Campbellfield, you may want to look at Sunbury as a place to stay, very affordable, good junior schools, and within easy travelling distance to your work. Have another SA family that live there and hubby works in Campbellfield as well.

PM or email me if you want more info.

Hi Mara

I hope I have just joined but been viewing all the discussion topics and I am so motivated to get things going. I also have so many questions. Do I just fire away anywhere as I go throught the different forums or just give a good list here in the "Newy" section.

Firstly everyone is talking about these IELTS test, maybe I haven't looked at the immigration site properly but where and when and how do I book and at what stage do I do what. I have gone onto the immi web, I know that I want to apply for a 175 visa and do it myself online as I am a qualified Hairdresser with my tradetest. but where do I start. I am feeling so blond at the moment. I am doing this alone with 2 little people (4 & 6 years old) some people think I am mad but I know that Australia is the place for my kids to grow up in. I have visited Oz on 4 occasions, have been to Perth, and then from melbourne up the East Coast to Cairns so I know the country but don't know what I am in for with this whole process - help anyone pleeeeaase

Thanks to you all for such amazing insight and info

Cheers

Hi TJT&ME

I saw that you had posted your introduction elsewhere, so obviously you are finding your way around...good luck!