Adelaide South African Picnic / Braai -directions

Marius

I have just been to the place in Belair National Park where we planned to meet Sunday 9 March 2008 near the kids adventure playground. They are busy upgrading the facilities around the kids adventure area, so no picnic is possible in the immediate area.We will have to meet one paddock down, about 100mmeters from the playground and the original place we planned to meet. People interested can still take their kids to the adventure playground 100 meters away, just you cannot park or picnic there due to the facility upgrade.

Here are some basic information and directions ( please PM me if you need more detail )

See this link - http://www.parks.sa.gov.au/belair/faq/index.htm

You can also download a brochure of the park in there.

• The entry fee to the park is $ 7,50 per car, irrespective of amount of passengers ( luckily no minibus taxis ! :rolleyes: )

Once in the park, follow the road, first time the road split, take the right fork, direction "Playground".

We will meet at WALNUT PADDOCK 1,4 km from the entry to the park on the left ( from booth where you pay ). Look for the sign on your right, the area we plan to meet is on your left.If you see the sign to WALNUT PADDOCK take a LEFT, park in the parking area. There is a large green lawn and plenty of shade.Considering the time of year and water restrictions the lawns are prettyy well green and maintained. There is also a public braai, but feel free to bring your own GAS braai. That is if you want to braai, you can just bring a picnic or just come for a chat and day out, entirely up to you, no formalities. Dont forget chairs etc if you need it. There are also male and female toilets nearby.Like mentioned there is plenty place for kids to play, also the kids adventure playgound is nearby 100meters away.

I tried to attach some pictures but could not get them uploaded ( :angry: ). PM me with your e-mail address and I will e-mial them to you if you are interested. I will try and attach pics later again.

Hope to see a few old and new faces there ! :ilikeit::ilikeit:

• 4 weeks later...

So - which of the forumites are going to the get together?

We'll be there. :ilikeit:

if someone has a webcam and laptop and connects with me In Africa - i can be there too.... LOL!

very jealous chaps.....

I didn't think you'd be rocking up at the do, Annette.

From what I understand, you're bringing your jetlagged brother along too?

Anyhow, it'll be good to see a familiar face or three.

Red,

I will take some pics and send you OK ? You can attend the next one, no worries, you will be here soon, byt vas :ilikeit:

• 5 months later...
I have just been to the place in Belair National Park where we planned to meet Sunday 9 March 2008 near the kids adventure playground. They are busy upgrading the facilities around the kids adventure area, so no picnic is possible in the immediate area.We will have to meet one paddock down, about 100mmeters from the playground and the original place we planned to meet. People interested can still take their kids to the adventure playground 100 meters away, just you cannot park or picnic there due to the facility upgrade.

Here are some basic information and directions ( please PM me if you need more detail )

See this link - http://www.parks.sa.gov.au/belair/faq/index.htm

You can also download a brochure of the park in there.

• The entry fee to the park is $ 7,50 per car, irrespective of amount of passengers ( luckily no minibus taxis ! :ilikeit: )

Once in the park, follow the road, first time the road split, take the right fork, direction "Playground".

We will meet at WALNUT PADDOCK 1,4 km from the entry to the park on the left ( from booth where you pay ). Look for the sign on your right, the area we plan to meet is on your left.If you see the sign to WALNUT PADDOCK take a LEFT, park in the parking area. There is a large green lawn and plenty of shade.Considering the time of year and water restrictions the lawns are prettyy well green and maintained. There is also a public braai, but feel free to bring your own GAS braai. That is if you want to braai, you can just bring a picnic or just come for a chat and day out, entirely up to you, no formalities. Dont forget chairs etc if you need it. There are also male and female toilets nearby.Like mentioned there is plenty place for kids to play, also the kids adventure playgound is nearby 100meters away.

I tried to attach some pictures but could not get them uploaded ( :blush: ). PM me with your e-mail address and I will e-mial them to you if you are interested. I will try and attach pics later again.

Hope to see a few old and new faces there ! :ilikeit::ilikeit: