dd2oz needs a push.

DA2ozz

Hi there to all Bokke in Ozz.

My name is David and my wife is Alet and we are on the verge of taking the plunge to Ozz. We will be working through an agent to make things a little easier but do not know what to expect on that side.

I have decided to sell up all our junk and to arrive in Ozz with the rags on my ass and my tooth brush but before we do this can you guys give us a little push and some re-assurance, just a little something like, "DON'T BE BANG MAN, JUMP" :blink:

It is a tossup between Perth and Syney or does anyone have better advice. My wife is a registered nurse so she is the primary applicant, I am just a smous.

Hoping to hear from someone soom.

DD (Dangerous Dave)

Think of this way Dave - How much worse could it possibly be? :blink:

Welcome to the Forums

Hi Dave

I say jump 'with all fours' directly, do not wait to pass go, as you will be collecting a safe lifestyle on this side, with electricity, with medical care, with a pension, need I go on?

Don't forget Melbourne - lovely city!

Hi Dave.

We did it just like you ARE GOING TO. Sold everyting and only arrived with a few rags. We've been in Perth almost six months now and are still having a blast. I'ts like living on cloude nine. Permanently on a high.

Wendy

My name is David and my wife is Alet and we are on the verge of taking the plunge to Ozz. We will be working through an agent to make things a little easier but do not know what to expect on that side.

I have decided to sell up all our junk and to arrive in Ozz with the rags on my ass and my tooth brush but before we do this can you guys give us a little push and some re-assurance, just a little something like, "DON'T BE BANG MAN, JUMP" :)

It is a tossup between Perth and Syney or does anyone have better advice. My wife is a registered nurse so she is the primary applicant, I am just a smous.

DD (Dangerous Dave)

Life is an adventure. Just do it.

If you are using an agent, make sure you (they) apply for a permanent residents visa, not a temporary. You get a sponsored temporary visa quicker, but you will pay in the long run. Most agents in South Africa like temporary because they are quicker and a bit easier to do, but once here you need to apply over again to stay, and often get new medicals and police clearance.

My wife is a nurse and I did the application for PR which took close to a year because of some interesting problems (should be 6 months). Colleagues of hers were here in a few months, then had to apply for PR. Nurses will get jobs anywhere, so go where you can get a job.

We have been here over 3 years and will not go back. Life here can be tough, but the peace of mind is so much better.

If you need more info about how why, let me know.

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oiy Oiy Oiy :ilikeit:

Edited by LeeInOz

Hey there welcome

If you speak to most of the people on the forum their only regret would be that they didn't make the huge leap across the sea sooner. Australia is amazing, it is clean, safer than SA and offers the most amazing lifestyle.

If you are wanting to come only YOU can make the decision and you must want it sooo bad and come across with the right attitude. Things will be different, you do miss family etc but the journey is wonderful, the learning and self growth and experiences are incredible. We have had to work hard at friendships we have had to tighten our belts but we love exploring and appreciating everything around us and there is so much to do, beaches, walks, parks etc and most of it is free. Australians are very down to earth and if you are willing to learn and adapt and appreciate Australia you will have the most wonderful life.

Good Luck and start asking all those questions that you lie awake at night thinking about.

Hey there welcome

If you speak to most of the people on the forum their only regret would be that they didn't make the huge leap across the sea sooner. Australia is amazing, it is clean, safer than SA and offers the most amazing lifestyle.

If you are wanting to come only YOU can make the decision and you must want it sooo bad and come across with the right attitude. Things will be different, you do miss family etc but the journey is wonderful, the learning and self growth and experiences are incredible. We have had to work hard at friendships we have had to tighten our belts but we love exploring and appreciating everything around us and there is so much to do, beaches, walks, parks etc and most of it is free. Australians are very down to earth and if you are willing to learn and adapt and appreciate Australia you will have the most wonderful life.

Good Luck and start asking all those questions that you lie awake at night thinking about.

UUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH!!!!!, theres a really hard push for you.. Go gettim Dave

Hi Dave

I say jump 'with all fours' directly, do not wait to pass go, as you will be collecting a safe lifestyle on this side, with electricity, with medical care, with a pension, need I go on?

Don't forget Melbourne - lovely city!

Hi there Mara,

Thanx for your response, I am ready for action but my wife is a bit sticky still, you know, kids and grandkids and mommy and and and.

What is the weather like in Mels, tell us a little about the place.

DD

Life is an adventure. Just do it.

If you are using an agent, make sure you (they) apply for a permanent residents visa, not a temporary. You get a sponsored temporary visa quicker, but you will pay in the long run. Most agents in South Africa like temporary because they are quicker and a bit easier to do, but once here you need to apply over again to stay, and often get new medicals and police clearance.

My wife is a nurse and I did the application for PR which took close to a year because of some interesting problems (should be 6 months). Colleagues of hers were here in a few months, then had to apply for PR. Nurses will get jobs anywhere, so go where you can get a job.

We have been here over 3 years and will not go back. Life here can be tough, but the peace of mind is so much better.

If you need more info about how why, let me know.

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oiy Oiy Oiy :rolleyes:

Hi there, I take it your name is Lee. Thanx for the advice, my wife has 25 years of orthopecic theatre experience. Could your wife find out more or less what kind of salaries are in the market as I am only a salesman with no formal qualifications. I work in the electrical industry and we would like to do some budgetting. Whats the weather like in your city, is the beer atleast good. I don't mind a tough life but my beer must be good and COLD.

DD

I have decided to sell up all our junk and to arrive in Ozz with the rags on my ass and my tooth brush but before we do this can you guys give us a little push and some re-assurance, just a little something like, "DON'T BE BANG MAN, JUMP" :rolleyes:

DD (Dangerous Dave)

Consider handling your migration effort without an agent and going for Permanent Residency, if you make up th epoints for the Independent Class 175 visa, I think this is the Permanent Residency one, but check on the Aussie Immigration Dept website.

If you can do that you'll find:

* It's fairly straight forward to apply for the permament visa, a lot of people do it themselves and save a lot of dough in the process.

* Once you have permanent residency, you don't have to go the application rigmarole again, e.g. you arrived here on a temporary work visa, and then start the 175 application

The only snag with th e175 is that it takes a while, ours took a year from application to the grant of the visa.

Dax

Hi Dave.

We did it just like you ARE GOING TO. Sold everyting and only arrived with a few rags. We've been in Perth almost six months now and are still having a blast. I'ts like living on cloude nine. Permanently on a high.

Wendy

Hi there Potties, Mokopane se M--r but anyway the good news is that my wife gave me the go ahead today and the big sale starts tomorrow. Getting rid of everything. You guys say Perth is the place to go but we don't know anyone in Perth. I have a good friend and family in Sydney which makes things a little easier when settling in. Tell us a little about Perth and why you think we should settle there. Hows the weather, heard its very much like Cape Town.

DD

Think of this way Dave - How much worse could it possibly be? :lol:

Welcome to the Forums

I have decided to spend the money and work through an agent, do you think this is a good idea or should we slog it alone. I would feel much more comfortable if someone else was doing all the paper work as I really do hate admin. Where would one begin if going it alone. :unsure:

DD

dd is your visa application a simply one? Ie are you under the age limit with skills in demand etc. etc If you are a simple uncomplicated case like many of us, then why not try it alone. Do you know which visa to apply for? If so, go the last page of the visa application form tot he cheecklist. the checklist will tell you everything you need to attach to the application. If you have all tghose required items, then you have done it alone.

Remember this forum is a place to ask stupid questiopns, like "What do I out in question 34 on form abcd?"

Hi DD

Do the right thing and don't wait before it's 2 late. You go, boy, you go! :lol:

Tata Alicia

Hi DD

Do the right thing and don't wait before it's 2 late. You go, boy, you go! :)

Tata Alicia

Hi Alicia, thanx for your reply, which agent are you working through and what are they charging you?

DD

Hi dd2oz,

Welcome to the forum and to this exciting process; you'll see that there are lots of ups and downs shared by many of us.

Why don't you join the (growing) group who will be at the PTA coffee club on 23 Feb? I see that you will be really close.

Cheers,

TereMel

Hi dd2oz,

Welcome to the forum and to this exciting process; you'll see that there are lots of ups and downs shared by many of us.

Why don't you join the (growing) group who will be at the PTA coffee club on 23 Feb? I see that you will be really close.

Cheers,

TereMel

Hi Teremel, thanx for your reply and invite but what is the growing group all about and where is the Pta coffee club, oh and what time?

DD