DocRip: Another SAff Africa decided

DocRip

Hi there folks,

As a family we decided it's time to do the right thing. Nope not paying the TV licence but moving onto Aus. We have 2 kids, 16 and 13 and feel that their lives are only starting and should be in a safe equal enviroment .

We are planning on selling the IT business here, go on a Business Visa and purchase another business over there.

I think purchasing will be easier than setting up a business from scratch.(Any views?)

Wife and kids British citizens so for them it's a little easier getting in?

Well thanks to all that post as their knowledge "worth thousands" :hug:

Edited by DocRip

Hello and welcome! :D

Having British citizenship means not having to take the IELTS English test, which may be handy. If you are the main applicant though, you may still have to take it, depending on your citizenship/passport.

There are a lot of us on the current wave. Nice to have company through such a stressful experience!

All the best,

Mark

We are planning on selling the IT business here, go on a Business Visa and purchase another business over there.

DocRip

Welcome to the forum

I've just hosted our first Sabona Business Breakfast in Melbourne and have met a woman who specializes in Business Sales - Medium to Large businesses.

PM me if you would like to make contact with her regarding business opportunities in Australia.

Best regards and good luck with the process!

Edited by Doortjie

Hi there folks,

As a family we decided it's time to do the right thing. Nope not paying the TV licence but moving onto Aus. We have 2 kids, 16 and 13 and feel that their lives are only starting and should be in a safe equal enviroment .

I think purchasing will be easier than setting up a business from scratch.(Any views?)

Wife and kids British citizens so for them it's a little easier getting in?

Well thanks to all that post as their knowledge "worth thousands" :D

Hi DocRip

Get in contact with Bronwyn, one of the members on the forum. She can give you advice on this

Good luck

Kim

Thanks Tobold, Doortjie..

Doortjie... will def give you a shout closer to the time. We just listed our business on the market and let's see where it goes. It seems not to many people go on a business VISA (wonder why? :D )

But I will not be going into the IT insdustry but decided it's time for a change. Going to look at what businesses and industry there is on offer.

Will be sending the Business Regional Sponsor app from on Monday. Pity we can not do on-line

Welcome DocRip,

I hope that this site will be as useful to you as it is to us!

I think that many can not go for the business VISA due to the amount of money you need to have. My man would love to go into business or industry there, but says that it would be very difficult to replicate what he has built up here over the last few years. May have to go into being employed again.

Anyhow, cheers,

TereMel

Yeh, i'll be working for someone else for awhile when i arrive. Then I'll either build up a business on the side, that would hopefully go full time, or perhaps buy one. Get a feel for the place etc... before diving in.

Kinda wanting to start off 'safely', in OZ - which is anything but me.

Hi DocRip

I think the IELTS depends on where you have lived most of your life. My hubby is on a British Passport but because he has been in RSA all his life it was recommended that he do the test.

Good luck with everything

Amy

Hi DocRip!

We've also looked at the business visa.... but there are three things that why we decided not to use it:

1. It's a temporary visa - then you still have to apply for PR later on.

2. The money and and turnover requirement. :lol: With the rate the South African Rand collapses, by the end of this year it would have doubled for us :blush:

3. This is our main reason why we didn't use this visa! They say: "You have not been engaged in a business where the provision of professional, technical, or trade services took up more than half your time." Ouch - we have a computer training center, therefor it seems it disqualifies us immediately!

Good luck! Assumed you had a look at the website:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/business/16...iness-owner.htm

Hi DocRip!

We've also looked at the business visa.... but there are three things that why we decided not to use it:

1. It's a temporary visa - then you still have to apply for PR later on.

2. The money and and turnover requirement. :rolleyes: With the rate the South African Rand collapses, by the end of this year it would have doubled for us :ilikeit:

3. This is our main reason why we didn't use this visa! They say: "You have not been engaged in a business where the provision of professional, technical, or trade services took up more than half your time." Ouch - we have a computer training center, therefor it seems it disqualifies us immediately!

Good luck! Assumed you had a look at the website:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/business/16...iness-owner.htm

Yep, been on the immi.gov website for some long hours.

Been in my own business for the past 14 years and dont think I'll be able to work for someone else. :holy:

Hi Doc

We're one of the few going on a 163 Business Visa to Queensland. Will you do a 160 or 163?

A few pointers:

1. There's a queue of immigrants wanting to buy businesses, and an equally long queue of sellers, some offering companies which are dodgy. Make sure you go in with eyes wide open. The path is littered with failed enterprises.

2. The business you describe in your Business Plan which gets submitted: there is no requirement that you go into said industry. They merely want to see you business skills.

It's a long road - took me about 8 months to collect all the data. Good luck, have fun and most importantly: make an effort to fit in with Oz culture (Don't only associate with ex SAs)

Cheers.

and dont think I'll be able to work for someone else. :holy:

My husband also says he never wants to work for someone else.... but I think it will be great. Just imagine, you can take a lunch hour everyday and go home at 5 o'clock! What a life!! ;)

My husband also says he never wants to work for someone else.... but I think it will be great. Just imagine, you can take a lunch hour everyday and go home at 5 o'clock! What a life!! :blink:

Started going home at that time only after about 12 years :D

Took me many years of crawling to get comfortable.

Luch, eating at my desk while typing this :D

Wodwik; We're one of the few going on a 163 Business Visa to Queensland. Will you do a 160 or 163?

A few pointers:

1. There's a queue of immigrants wanting to buy businesses, and an equally long queue of sellers, some offering companies which are dodgy. Make sure you go in with eyes wide open. The path is littered with failed enterprises.

2. The business you describe in your Business Plan which gets submitted: there is no requirement that you go into said industry. They merely want to see you business skills.

It's a long road - took me about 8 months to collect all the data. Good luck, have fun and most importantly: make an effort to fit in with Oz culture (Don't only associate with ex SAs)

Cheers.

Have sufficient to do 160 but will go on 163. A little easier)

Culture: It's about time I learn a new one. Started to behave like a reverse Coconut :holy:

Hi DocRip

I think the IELTS depends on where you have lived most of your life. My hubby is on a British Passport but because he has been in RSA all his life it was recommended that he do the test.

Good luck with everything

Amy

Me too actually. I'm in the same boat as your husband and our agents advised me to do it, "just in case". One of those "rather have it and not need it" type suggestions. Since my fiance had to do it anyway (Afrikaans is her first language, not that you can really tell these days), we just booked and did it together. She passed without any problems. I heard they're getting a little stricter these days on English skills if you want to work, but I think that's fair enough anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Update;

Completed the business plan, 949 and 1136 documents and, and, and......................

I hope they like to read as the business plan alone is about 20 pages and in total over a 100. :lol:

These will be posted door-door tomorrow. :holy:

:blink: Congratulations is in order I think! Sounds like quite a document!!! :ilikeit:

Now that all the rush is over, let me welcome you to the waiting game... This is the time that you spend more and more time on the forum, trying to hang on to your sanity while you wait, and wait, and wait.... :ilikeit:

But, time does not stand still, if you can hang on long enough, all is well that ends well! :ilikeit:

Guest natalie3
Started going home at that time only after about 12 years :ilikeit:

Took me many years of crawling to get comfortable.

Luch, eating at my desk while typing this :angry:

Have sufficient to do 160 but will go on 163. A little easier)

Culture: It's about time I learn a new one. Started to behave like a reverse Coconut :lol:

I just realised those hard white eastereggs are reverse coconuts :ilikeit:

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Hi all,

Well the Queensland Gov received my Business Sponsor App and now we wait again. The business we were VERY interested in buying were sold a few days ago :blink:

Well lets wait and see.