it's been 5months!!!

OzinAUG!!

Hi everyone.

I am a newbee. OK my staory starts like this.

23/10/07 - had telephonic interview with Hospital manager - Job offered to me.

24/10/07 - began police clearance etc / getting documentation in order.

20/11/07 - All documentation sent to hospital - Hospital advised : OK to begin visa application - 457 & Nursing Registration with the Nursing Council in Western Australia.

21/11/07 - PAID South African Nursing Council (SANC) R500 to send the Verification of my Qualifications

03/12/07 - hospital provides Business Nomination Approval number (which is needed for me to apply for the VISA)

07/12/07 - Lodged e-457 visa application

11/12/07 - Medicals done for myself, hubby and kids.

08/01/08 - Visa Case Officer advises via e-mail that they require my Registration number BEFORE the visa can be granted!!

This is were the story reaches 'BOILING POINT' - The Case officer from Western Aus Nursing Board advises that they have NOT AS YET received my Verification from SANC!!! Called SANC - they will send it next week, this continued for 2 weeks!! Rocked up at the SANC dept personally - made a RACKET and then only was it sent!! In the interim the Nurses Board of Western Australia had asked me to do a 'Bridging Course" - THIS IS A NEW PRE-REQUISITE according to the Case officer!! - To do it I will have to go to AUS and stay for 6 months on a student visa !!!!! So we instead sent the Registration Application to Victoria!!

4/02/08 - Victoria received ALL documenation (verfication included)

I just hope that they dont ask me to do a bridging course!! What do I bridge to!! I am a Registered Nurse with ICU experience!! RN's before me did not have to do this bridging course. Does anyone know if Victoria will ask this of me. COS if they do I will stop the whole process - I dont care how much I have already spent!! I WILL NOT LEAVE MY FAMILY FOR 6months!!!

PLEASE ADVISE!!

. COS if they do I will stop the whole process - I dont care how much I have already spent!! I WILL NOT LEAVE MY FAMILY FOR 6months!!!

PLEASE ADVISE!!

Its up to you isnt it? life I mean and the choices you have .. I think that all well and good if you can get into Victoria however if the abovementioned was YOUR ONLY OPTION then well? :thumbdown: its up to you its the wonderful thing called choice and what you want to achieve personally I would do the six month stint to be accredited the aussie way if it meant a better life for myself and my family heaps of people are doing a aussie accredition for a better life.

hope it works out

Edited by NorCalAussie

Ouch, ouch, ouch! This is a difficult one! Are there any other regions that doesn't force you to do the course? I was under the impression that nurses are highly in demand.

Sorry, but I have no solution :)

Ouch, ouch, ouch! This is a difficult one! Are there any other regions that doesn't force you to do the course? I was under the impression that nurses are highly in demand.

Sorry, but I have no solution B)

Thanks for the response guys.

Norcal Aussie - you are right - it is a difficult choice BUT one I will have to make IF Vic asks me to do a Bridging course!!

GOODLUCK to you guys!!!

Will keep you posted with any news....

I feel your frustration. With such a huge decision, and all it involves, the frustration can easily creep in (or just kick the door down and take over). :)

I hope everything will work out for you, with the least amount of pain and stress.

Hopefully you'll be over there, nice and settled, before too long and this frustration will be but a memory, a notch on the "emmigration belt". :)

Mark