colin: & anita

colin

:ilikeit: Hi there ,

Just a short note , we left rsa in 2000 for NZ for a better life , We must say it is a wonderful country , it was just the weather that we found hard to adjust to , we moved to Brisbane on the 28 May 2006 and have settled in a suburb called Birkdale which is on the south east side , anyone out there that is interested in braai or coffee.

We are in our late forties but still young at heart.

Cheers Colin & Anita.

Guest Jules

Hi Colin and Anita :)

Welcome to the forum and to Brisbane! :ilikeit: I'm sure you will find the weather much more to your taste if you are like me and enjoy the summer. It gets a bit humid between November and February but otherwise it's great!

I live in Jimboomba, a lot further south and away from the city than you. There are a couple of people who live around your area on the forum, I'm sure you will have no trouble finding someone to hook up with :)

Hope to see you around the forum lots!

Julie :lol:

Guest Seoul Sister

Hey there Colin and Anita,

Welcome and thanks for joining our forum ! I am sure your experiences are going to add something very special here. I look forward to learning loads from you on life in NZ and Brissie.

Hope to see you around.

Love

Seoul Sister

:ilikeit:

Welcome to the forum and to Oz! Quite a number of ppl exRSAexNZ in Oz - and even on the forum (such as SASydneysider). Hubby has been to NZ a few times but I will visit for the first time later this year - can't wait!! Thanks to SASydneysider who gave me heaps of "inside info" I hope to see the best of the North Island during our first trip. Where were you located in NZ?

Hi Colin & Anita,

Welcome to this forum and welcome to Brissy! Good place to settle in - and the weather is a treat! We have been here since Jan 2004 and believe me we only have one, OK one and a half month of winter - sort of!

We live quite close to you (Ormiston/Cleveland) and there are quite a few SA people in the Redlands- you might have noticed already. PM me and I might be able to hook you up with some Saffer's in this area - we are unfortunately moving out of the area to the northside so we'll have to start over!

Go well and hope to see you around!

Redlands BUG

Edited by chatterbug

G'day mates!!

Welcome and hope you feel at home on our forum.

Must be difficult trying to settle in a new country again. Thoughts are with you guys as we only also just arrived 3 months ago.

Cheers

Welkom by die forum Colin en Anita. Ja is 'n ervaring om weer aan te skuif na die volgende land toe.

Ons het dit self gedoen van NZ af hierheen in 1999. Ons het in Hamilton gebly vir vier jaar.

Groete uit Millmerran, QLD

L'mari

Hi L'mari

Thank you for the reply we also stayed in Hamilton for a year untill I was posted back to Auckland , where about in brisbane are you staying?

Hi chatterbug,

Would be great if you could get us a contact in redland bay or that area

Cheers Colin

G'day mates!!

Must be difficult trying to settle in a new country again. Thoughts are with you guys as we only also just arrived 3 months ago.

Cheers

G'day mates!!

Cheers

Hi Dedrei thanks for the reply where about are you based

Cheers Colin

We are in Cairns, Far North Queensland.

Hi Colin and Anita, :ilikeit:

Welcome to our "home away from home". Hope to see you around!

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi there again

We are coming your way 20'th July for the long weekend that we have, we are more than willing to come over for a cuppa. :ilikeit:

Cheers

Hi Colin,

We are a group of friends (mostly Saffers) who get together one day a month for a dop after work in Wellington Point, right next to you guys. If you PM me your details I'll hook you up with the group and the date for the next get together!

Cheers

Redlands BUG

en hoekom is dié get-together nie in die Events forums ge-adverteer nie? ... huh??

Please folks, this is also what the forum is for. If you have ANY social (or professional networking) meetings or get-togethers, no matter how small; do advertise it with a posting in the relevant Events forum. That way ppl can see wat's on the slab.

:ilikeit: Hendie

Hendie dis nie 'n forum groep nie (net 'n paar ouens wat so dan en wan 'n dop saam maak) , en ek wil graag my anoniemiteit op hierdie forum behou. Ek sal dus een van die ouens se nommers PM aan Colin en hy kan dit opvolg as hy wil. Ons trek ook binnekort weg van die area en sal dit nie meer by kan bywoon nie.

Chatterbug

Hi Colin & Anita

Sorry to ask about NZ on this forum :ilikeit: but how bad is the weather (say in Auckland)? The temperature seems to be okay. I suppose you are referring to the rain?

I am busy applying for jobs in NZ and Oz. Thanks to our friends on this forum I know that sponsorship by Oz employers is quite possible. But I have to keep my options open even if it means going to NZ at first.

I am trying my best to read up on how the weather is in NZ but I seem to get conflicting information.

I would really appreciate some saffer insight into this mystery.

Thanks and go well,

Nog Een.

Hi Nog Een,

We lived in Auckland for 3.5 years before coming to Sydney. We've been in Sydney now for 3 years. You are welcome to PM me with any questions you have.

The weather in NZ is very much about what you like and dislike and how well you can handle it. I was not good at handling the weather, but it did not affect hubby as much.

I won't exchange the Sydney weather for Auckland, definitely not, but then I don't like lots of rain, lots of grey clouds and 4 seasons in one day. It also depends on where you come from in SA and what you are used to. The Capetonians don't mind the weather in NZ. Being a Johannesburger (Sandton), I did not enjoy the Auckland weather at all.

If NZ is the only way out of SA for you, then living with the weather is a small price to pay.

Cheers, SAS