The Parsons Family: Hi Everyone

The Parsons Family

Hi all;

we are looking at moving to Perth, we have not done an LSD?but have done HUGE amounts of research!!

One question I do have, is has anyone taken dogs over? we have 2 dogs and can't bear the thought of leaving them, they are family.

Guest Jules

Hi there :)

Welcome to the forum! There are a couple of people here who have brought their pets over so I am sure you will get lots of advice from them. How close are you to leaving, and what visa are you coming over on?

Good luck with everything and I hope to see you around on the forum. :ilikeit:

Julie ;)

Hi Parsons!

Welcome to the forum - hope you find lots of info.

As far as animals go, there are strict quarantine requirements (7 months in total - 3 in SA and 4 here), so you need to be comfortable with that for a start. It is an expensive exercise as well so be prepared. Check on www.aqis.gov.au for more general information - it is a very useful site.

Hope this helps - let us know if you need anything else.

Cheers

Ajay

Hi there,

Welcome to the forum!

Dedrei brought her two dogs over - in fact they will land here in Sydney tomorrow! She's been through the whole thing - tears & all - why don't you PM her? (she might not see your post). It is a very traumatic experience for both you and the dogs involved (whether you bring them or leave them), so you will need to seriously consider your options.

Good luck - it is not an easy one (Been there, done that!) As you can gather, we did not take our dogs. :ilikeit:

Yep, Mandy and I are in the same dilemma. We have two dogs.....and two cats to add to the equation. It really complicates matters. I agree with the Parsons that they are family. They bring so much joy and happiness to our lives.

My view is that, depending how young the animals and the type of accomodation that you want, if you have the budget, seven months is a small price to pay for 12 or so years of happiness. Initially once you are in Australia, you can still visit them at the kennels every weekend rather than not seeing them at all. They can really make the transition a lot easier, knowing that you at least have a loved one there with you.

We are taking our pets with us, two dogs and three cats - a regular menagerie!

Check out Keringa's site here, you can also send an email requesting a quote, just remember to let them know which city you're going to as there is a difference in flight costs.

Good luck and welcome to the forum - hope you can assist others with all your research!

Cindylou

thanks guys !!!

I guess we will just have to pay the bills, wow they are quite pricey but again they make coming home a pleasure.

does anyone know what vets charge for vacinations etc in the Perth Area?