bridgewater - Adelaide

Just B

Bob,

Thanks a mill, it's nice to see things on the ground. I've been reading a rather distressing articles regarding some attitudes of people in Sydney regarding what they call South AFrican Jews (whites) and I needed those pictures to lift my spirits. Not that any of it is discouraging us from moving, I refer a little nastiness to death any day of the week.

Thanks again for the photos

K&B

You'll invariably find, if you look into it, that most discrimination against new comers to Australia, isn't done by Aussies.

You'll find it's done by other migrants. . . . . so just take it on the chin and don't fret your frillies too much.

Aussies are just too laid back and easy going to bother with that sort of stuff. If the newcomer's a good bloke, then they'll drink with him / her.

Anyhow . . . . if you want a couple of acres to grow your veggies and have a few chooks (chickens), you might want to go a bit past Mt Barker.

Mount Barker is 30 mins to the city CBD by the South Eastern Freeway, so anything beyond is extra travelling time, but folks are going further and further out to get their acreage and stick a few bits and pieces in, like an orchard or veggie patch alongside their house.

I love having a couple of acres to swing a cat in, so live 9kms past Mt Barker . . . . only 10 mins further on before I hit the Freeway . . . . and I wouldn't want to shift anywhere else.

My son is thinking of getting married . . . . . don't say I told you! . . . . and he's been looking at acreage lately (the signs that he's getting serious).

There are still a few spots up in the Adelaide Hills that are for sale, but I told him to wait.

The economy is getting "shaky" with earthquake tremors economically in the U.S. and Britain, which could bring about a big slowdown in the economy here, meaning get your temp visas made into Permanent Visas and wait for the interest rate increases to bring on land and house price falls.

Bob,

I hear what you say about the Aussies and not having time for the nonsense.This is good news as the family understands that we are in it for the long haul.

I must amit I'm not much of a gardener never mind running a small farm. But I still plan to head for the country where the little one (7years) can run free and enjoy the outdoors as she does.

So if the son is gtting married I assume that you looking forward to grand children that you can spoil.

The economy is a bit of a dirty word this side of the Ocean, especially for thoseof us looking to convert the much hard earned Rands into Dollars. But the thought of the housing market taking a dip that side does have a certain amount of appeal, although it does mean that the interest rate on bank loans has esculated, and that's never nice.

Well if the processing time goes according to schedule it will be about 100-120days adn we will be able to understand your love for the area, even if it's just by driving through and sight seeing.

Regards

K&B