"Op julle merke, gereed, gaan!"

phoenix

Hi

We decided last week that we are going to take the big step of immigrating to Australia. We recently had a baby and decided that we want to give her the best and safest upbringing we can.

I (Chris) am a biokintecist. My qualification does not really exist in Australia, but luckily my wife (Liza) is a CA so we are going on her name. She is currently working for Deloitte & Touche in Pretoria and her first step is going to be to try and get an internal transfer to a Deloitte office in Australia if possible.

Our first choice is currently Melbourne but we are still open to any other cities.

We would really like my parents-in law to go with. My father-in-law is 52 years old and he is a management accountant (B Com Accountancy degree with several years of experience) so we are uncertain at this stage of his chances to get a skilled visa or maybe a job-offer from Australia.

We are only starting with the process now so we still have a long road ahead of us but we are looking forward to our end destination.

Welcome to the forum! I am sure your wife will find a job and I hope all your plans work out :ilikeit:

Welcome Phoenix

If I can assist in any way with information about Melbourne, do not hesitate to ask!

HI Chris, welcome to the forum

We're also newly decided and ready for the long haul, but definately worth it I think.

There's so much info in the forums it's awesome :)

Welcome to the forum, I don't think you are making a mistake ;)

I (Chris) am a biokintecist. My qualification does not really exist in Australia

Hi Chris

Welcome to this forum. I am sure that it would prove to answer a lot of your questions.

With regard to your profession, I am sure that it exists but may be "labelled" differently in Oz. We know somebody who is studying exactly that at the Queensland Uni.

Edited by JJV

Welcome - hold on ... this is a rough ride with THE best reward at the end!

Nats

Welcome. Yes, I'm also curious as to why your occupation is not on the list? But using your wife as main applicant is fine!

Your father-in-law is going to be a bit difficult, because you have to be under 45 to apply :) unless you can get somebody to sponsor him and they give various reasons why they want to sponsor him.

Good luck and enjoy!

WELCOME WELCOME

Great site to be a part off - Addictive :)

Nicki