Dedrei: Hi from me!

Dedrei

Hi there

I am still in Cape Town, but we are moving very soon to beautiful Cairns in Queensland. Can't wait. :D

Would love to hear from some of the oldies, don't be shy! :rolleyes:

Hi Dedrei

What made you decide to take up the Cairns option?At one stage as thought-okay-she is on her way to Perth?

What is your timeline, and what visa will you be coming on? How do your parents and your new in-laws feel about this huge step you are taking?

Hubby applied for a job there and we researched it quite a lot. Some of our family is in Townsville and they also only speak good things about it.

After some hefty research, we decided that this is the place for us. We are tired of living in the big cities, tired of the traffic. We'll see how it goes, hopefully by April we will be there.

Hubby then heard in Jan he got the job. We are going on 457 visa, visa app went in on 02 Feb.

My family understands the whole thing but my mother in law is finding it a bit difficult to understand. She's hoping we come back after a few years.

Hi there

I am still in Cape Town, but we are moving very soon to beautiful Cairns in Queensland. Can't wait. :D

Would love to hear from some of the oldies, don't be shy! :rolleyes:

Hi Dedrei ,

my ( South African ) wife still maintains that "nobody leaves Cape Town"...

i.e. that all the SouthAfricans who have emigrated or are currently emmigrating would be Transvaalers , Durbanites etc.

Could you add your own individual comment about what your main reasons are , for leaving fairest Cape?

Thanks and : Good Luck!

Sure Ray.

We are still young and want to start a family soon. We have talked about immigrating to oz for the last 2/3 years now and finally started to do some research about it.

Our main reasons are for our children. We would like to provide a better quality of life, education and freedom to them. England is too cold and oz is just like sa on the weather front and they love the outdoors too. Just seemed like the natural choice. Also, we want our children to be able to find a job and not be discriminated against for their skin colour.

I don't know, there will be so many options available to them in oz.

Hi Deidre, ek het ook gedink jy is al in Oz! Ek is baie bly om jou op die forum te sien - baie sterkte vir die entjie wat nog vir julle voorlĂȘ. Ek hoor dit is permanent vakansie in Cairns - wat 'n "bargain"! Ek hoop julle gaan baie gelukkig wees daar!

Hi Deidre, ek het ook gedink jy is al in Oz! Ek is baie bly om jou op die forum te sien - baie sterkte vir die entjie wat nog vir julle voorlĂȘ. Ek hoor dit is permanent vakansie in Cairns - wat 'n "bargain"! Ek hoop julle gaan baie gelukkig wees daar!

Hi Dedrei

Jammer ek het nie reply op jou mail nie,was bietjie besig gewees die afgelope paar dae.Maar ek sien jy het mooi reg gekom met die forum en ek is baie jammer dat ek te laat was om te kon help. :D

Ek sien julle is op pad Cairns toe,well baie geluk,ek het gister die nuus gekry dat ek werk gekry het in Rockhampton so ek ons is ook oppad Queensland toe :blink: Ek sal die 6 Mei daar wees

Sterkte met alles

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Dedrei

Ons is oppad Townsville toe. kan jy asseblief kontak besonderhede kry van die familie in Townsville. Wil graag meer inligting kry.

Mooi bly

Vossie

PM my jou email adres, dan sal ek haar vra om jou te email. Wil nie net haar email sommer net uitgee nie.

:ilikeit: