457 VISA

Aus457

Please can you guys help me - We have a confirmed job offer in Melbourne.

I am not 100% sure if this company is going to do a Sponsorship visa or they expect us to do it ourselves.

What is involved in doing this visa ourselves... (Documents / Costs / Etc.)

Your advise as always is greatly appreciated.

Penni

Hi Penny

Got to Booklet 5 on the immi website that will give you all the details

Unabridged birth certificates: R 50 each

Unabridged Marriage certificaes: R 50

Certifiicate of Service: SANDF (if applicable)

IELTS : R 1654 per person

Let me know what else, have a look at the pinned topic on what to do to get all in order

Thanks

I am not 100% sure if this company is going to do a Sponsorship visa or they expect us to do it ourselves.

Penni

Hi Penni

Has the nomination been lodged and approved? You need to communicate with the company and find out exactly where they stand and take it from there. I'm pretty sure a company cannot do the application on your behalf. See http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-wor.../sbs/step-3.htm for info on how to lodge your application.

Edited by Polyanna

Penni

Hi Aus 457

The company has to put in their own sponsorship application first. Once they have done this, they should notify you and give you a TRN number. This number is used to link your application to their application. You will then get your own TRN number when you make your application. You need to apply yourself, but only after the company has put forth their application.

Documents needed:

Unabridged Birth Certificates

Marriage Certificates

Medicals and XRays (You will be prompted when to go - and you must go to a panel doctor)

Letter of Employment from the employer

Passports

Proof of English proficiency( IELTS is not a compulsary requirment - Aletter form high school or university saying you studied in English will suffice)

Verification application (based on your profession (ask your new employer who does the skills verification and get that application in ASAP as it takes a long time +- 8 weeks)

For 2 People expect your total costs to be around R5k - R7k, if you do it all yourself.

Your waiting period form the date of application will probably be in the region of 3 to 4 months on average.

Its really easy to do yourself - no stress at all...

Edited by †Y†AN

Hi everyone,

I got this reply from our employer this morning

"Sorry you haven't heard from me for a couple of days, I have been on site doing some work. However, back in the office once more.

While I was on site, I discussed with Dale your impending move to Melbourne. In a nut-shell Dale has stressed that you guys, need to sort out your Visa's to enable you to get to Melbourne & start working. He does not want to spend ages fighting with government departments organising paperwork etc. He will gladly provide a written guarantee that xxx will employ Clint on a full-time basis for the duration as stipulated by the type of visa applied for. Dale will also provide written assurance that Clint will be re-imbursed with an annual Salary of S70, 000 PA for duties performed within the engineering field.

The majority of assistance to help with your initial transition to life in Melbourne will be done on a personal basis from my end. This will include accommodation, transport, schools etc. obviously you will need to be here for alot of this to happen.

It appears that the gaurantee of paid employment is the over-riding factor. At this stage I propose that you discuss Dale's stand with an Agent & suggest they start the process of organising your visa's from her end. They have probably done this a thousand times & knows the ropes inside out by now.

Keep me up to speed on the developements, going through various correspondance, it appears that a 6-8 week lead-time is the norm in securing a work visa.

Look forward to hearing from you soon."

NOW WHAT!

I am not sure if I should be happy or sad about this e-mail..

Penni

xxx

Edited by Aus457

Hi Penni

Either they are willing to still sponsor you on a 457 route, but you have to submit the visa application yourselves or he is saying that they are not looking at sponsoring at all and he will see you once in melbourne.

Email is not very clear, and I am not sure what your circumstances was before this email and what was discussed.

If the company has already been approved to sponsor employees then it is easier, you just apply for you visa and the nomination in one go. If not, well then you have a problem as it seems Dale doesn't want to deal with DIAC.

Good luck and let us know how you progress

Hi Penni,

Some employers really do have the attitude that they are doing you a favour (and in many ways they are). If the chappy Dale refuses to deal with DIAC and if you still want to work for this company, then you will have to do it for them. I understand the letter to say you should pay an agent to do the companies work for them.

But then on the other hand, it did take you a month from getting the job to applying for your passports. Whats up with that?

Jordy

Comments from the Agent:

“Hi Penni, the guarantee from the company means nothing is they are not willing to sponsor you. Sponsorship involves a Position Description, Letter of offer and copy of the company’s financials. We do all of the paperwork and take the headaches. let me know how you go - regards Amanda”

What finanicals are required - Do they want the ABN number / Business number?

Hi Penni, maybe a stupid question but have you searched the immi site for the 457 criteria. I might be wrong but last time I checked, the employer goes through a lengthy assessment with DIAC themselves to be the sponsor. That is why certain documents from the potential employers is very important.

We have experienced that companies are not willing to do that anymore. They are all very willing to give hubby a job, but you have to get there on your own steam. According to job agents, a lot of companies have no knowledge of the visa process at all.

If I may, I would suggest you see which possible visas you can apply for, without there full assistance and secondly, mail this employer and ask them straight out what they meant.

One thing that we have realised too, is to ask what time limit they put on their job offer, before physically taking up the job.

(my personal view)

Wilna

HI Penni,

If your husband is in Engineering, can your family not qualify for a PR visa? Couldn't you apply for a PR visa, and your husband start working on a temp. visa while the PR goes through?

(An agent's comment on this would be great!, surely that can be done?)

Mel

Dale,

They clearly have no idea of their involvment in a 457 visa and I think this would be a huge headache in the long run...

In a nut-shell Dale has stressed that you guys, need to sort out your Visa's to enable you to get to Melbourne & start working. He does not want to spend ages fighting with government departments organising paperwork etc.

Penni, from the above, I would interpret the following:

1. They are not interested in sponsorship.

2. Makes me wonder how serious the need is for an employee to take up the position. If I was an employer in Aus, and my country lacked skills needed for me to operate my business, I would move heaven and earth to get a suitable employee to Aus, even if that means "dealing with government departments".

Just my 5c worth...

Kim

Hi †Y†AN

2. Reply from Amanda (Agent)

“Hi Penni, the guarantee from the company means nothing is they are not willing to sponsor you. Sponsorship involves a Position Description, Letter of offer and copy of the company’s financials. We do all of the paperwork and take the headaches. let me know how you go - regards Amanda”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Response from Employer

While I was on site, I discussed with Dale your impending move to Melbourne. In a nut-shell Dale has stressed that you guys, through an Agent need to sort out your Visa's to enable you to get to Melbourne & start working. He does not want to spend ages fighting with government departments organising paperwork etc. He will gladly provide a written guarantee that xxx will employ Clint on a full-time basis for the duration as stipulated by the type of visa applied for. Dale will also provide written assurance that Clint will be re-imbursed with an annual Salary of S70, 000 PA for duties performed within the engineering field.

The majority of assistance to help with your initial transition to life in Melbourne will be done on a personal basis from my end. This will include accommodation, transport, schools etc. obviously you will need to be here for alot of this to happen.

Keep me up to speed on the developements, going through Amandas correspondance, it appears that a 6-8 week lead-time is the norm in securing a work visa.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers

xxx

YOUR COMMENTS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Penni

Aus 457

The financials that they talk about is the financial position of the company that is wanting to sponsor you. As said by others here, it is not just a case of offering you a job, the sponsoring company has to prove quite a few things to DIAC before they are given the green light to sponsor a foreign worker.

Amongst other things, that they are a registered company, that the company is in a sound financial position, that they have not been able to find staff locally, etc. They have to prove all of this, in writing and with documentation and reams of paperwork!

I have merged the two topics by Aus457 as the same question was being dealt with, but in two topics!

Hi †Y†AN

2. Reply from Amanda (Agent)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Response from Employer

While I was on site, I discussed with Dale your impending move to Melbourne. In a nut-shell Dale has stressed that you guys, through an Agent need to sort out your Visa's to enable you to get to Melbourne & start working. He does not want to spend ages fighting with government departments organising paperwork etc. He will gladly provide a written guarantee that xxx will employ Clint on a full-time basis for the duration as stipulated by the type of visa applied for. Dale will also provide written assurance that Clint will be re-imbursed with an annual Salary of S70, 000 PA for duties performed within the engineering field.

Keep me up to speed on the developements, going through Amandas correspondance, it appears that a 6-8 week lead-time is the norm in securing a work visa.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Cheers

xxx

YOUR COMMENTS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Penni

Hi Aus457

The email from the "employer" sounds as though they are not registerred to sponsor, are not keen to sponsor, and have probably never spomsored before. :blink:

If they are serious about you coming over, they should make an application. You CANT do this for them. They have to meet specific requirements, and adhere to specific obligations by law. They need to sponsor you. A guarantee of employment, is not a sponsorship. :o

They also seem to think 6-8 weeks is the turn around time to get a Visa into OZ - even on a sponsored Visa it is longer: 3 to 4 months on average. The way they want you to go about it is apply for a PR Visa. That will tkae 18 to 24 months. I'll bet their "guarantee of employment" wont last that long.

I would recommend thanking them for their interest, but decline the offer (as it really is not one anyway - in terms of a sponsored offer).

Your husband is an engineer and should have very little trouble finding a proper SPONSORED position. I think he needs to send is CV out again...

Sorry for the bad news, but if the employer does not want to make the effort, move on...

Good luck and happy hunting

†Y