Comments of Australia

Guest wilna

One very bad thing about Aus..............hulle vat te lank met ons visas. ;)

ps....hoekom is my post nou 1 ste en nie 5 de nie, Martin het dan die topic begin.

Is die forum nou bietjie deurmekaar? :whome:

Edited by wilna

Hi everybody,

I have read a lot of posts on this forum. Great forum.

Just a question, can you guys maybe give us a view of the dark side/negatives of Australia? I have heard a lot of good stuff but haven't heard any real bad stuff. This will help to make a better informed decision. I know that nothing can be as bad as SA, but it is better to have your apples in both hands!

Thanks

Why would you want to hear bad things about Australia? There is some crime, but nothing violent as in South Africa.. oh yes and the HOT and humid weather in places.. some people complain too much, even when the train is 2 minutes late, but there is a train !!!

it depends what negative thing you want to hear

:whome:

uhm.. Last week this question was posed, just search through the forum, you'll find your question answered.

Why would you want to hear bad things about Australia? There is some crime, but nothing violent as in South Africa.. oh yes and the HOT and humid weather in places.. some people complain too much, even when the train is 2 minutes late, but there is a train !!!

it depends what negative thing you want to hear

;)

uhm.. Last week this question was posed, just search through the forum, you'll find your question answered.

Thanks will then have a look at that post!

Them hearing 50 times you come from South Africa and either saying "So what you do in Africa or Zimbabwe mate?"

Bad things?

The Nanny government

Peoples willingness to report you to the cops for whats to us minor things

Not enough ATMS

Stupid mickey mouse stuff on the news. Purely because there isnt enough bad stuff to report.

Isnt that terrible I couldnt think of anything really bad to report.

Wait

The postie will make furrows on your pavement after it rains

Gives at least one person I know the freak outs.

PS

Horrible ugly ^**%&^%*& crows that wake you up at 5am

Crows!!!!

I have PARROTS that wake me up! Noisy things.... :whome:

Boy, is there nothing else I can find to say bad?

Utopia doesn't exist - but I'm beginning to believe even Alice may be pretty darn close. ;)

Crows!!!!

Utopia doesn't exist - but I'm beginning to believe even Alice may be pretty darn close. ;)

Damn, life is so good here I can make one post and it appears twice!

Edited by Tracy

Crows!!!!

even the flies are friendly in oz. they get attached to you!!!! Real loyal pets. stick around even if you wave them away...Yes I'm a real ozzie. moan about crap!!!! But what else? O yes gameshows on tv...hate those! like noot vir noot in south africa- it never ever goes away!!!!!

Ek's bly julle moan net oor sulke onbenullighede soos TV programme, vlieë, kraaie, papegaaie en die posman wat bietjie sports maak! Hoe sleg kan dit dan wees??? :ilikeit:

Maak my net meer opgewonde om moontlik in 'n land te gaan bly waar alles nie oorheers word deur violence nie!!

Julle is gelukkig!!! :blush::huh:

What a change it will be to actually have a police force that you can rely on let alone report someone to! Oz is a Nanny State but in SA the leadership actually could not care less. This is what has caused the incredible lawlessness, which by the way is not just reserved for taxi drivers. Just look around you the next time you drive on the highway or even just in your own backyard. Even in the shopping mall.

I for one am looking forward to a life of conforming to the rules. :ilikeit:

What a change it will be to actually have a police force that you can rely on let alone report someone to! Oz is a Nanny State but in SA the leadership actually could not care less. This is what has caused the incredible lawlessness, which by the way is not just reserved for taxi drivers. Just look around you the next time you drive on the highway or even just in your own backyard. Even in the shopping mall.

I for one am looking forward to a life of conforming to the rules. :ilikeit:

I agree with you 100% and while irritating it works very well at keeping a lid on things

Every country in this world has some good and some bad, and Australia certainly is not perfect but it rates pretty near the top

Good luck

Des

Guest Bronwyn

There is not much to complain about but I can name a few things:- :holy:

-The roads are quite bad here in Adelaide because of the drought. They are really cracked. I have low profile tyres :lol: and it's mostly a bumpy ride.

-Cars park on the side of the roads so if you are driving 60kmph on the left side in a dual lane you have to slam on brakes and squeeze around. This makes me a bit nervous because no-one slows down one bit.

-There are some very dangerous circles (roundabouts) which I'm just not used to. There are actually a lot more in England. I know statistically, roundabouts are a lot safer than intersections, but call me old-fashioned, I hate them. I'm always convinced someone is going to ram into me because I don't undersatand which lane I'm supposed to be in :blush: I sometimes take long detours to avoid roundabouts... :whome:

-We get more junk mail here than I have even seen in my life.

-The TV ads are very bad and very loud. We tape everything now and fast forward them. It's just too annoying.

-The shopping trolleys are an abomination (Someone HAD to mention it) :blush: If anyone doesn't know this already, all 4 wheels go in different directions and it's easy to smash into a shop window with a full trolley you cannot control (tip- take another person shopping with you and they can steer at the front).

-Parking in the city is very expensive, but I suppose that's economics. Just remember to add $18 or so to your Saturday morning shopping bill.

-I have a problem with mad people on the street. But maybe that's just me. I suppose they have to live somewhere... :blush:

-The accent can grate if you get a particularly loud screechy woman around. It sounds like a human crow. Especially if she has had a few toots. :lol:

-Real Estate agencies phones can apparently only accept incoming calls. No-one will ever phone you back unless they want to sell you a house.

-The waves in the sea are small and boring (anklebiters)

-The braai meat tastes like gas instead of braai meat :P

-The mayonnaise is horrible. Only SW is acceptable, and it costs double :ilikeit:

-The rain doesn't smell like anything :(

I know the above list is petty but I thought I would put it down for the record. Honestly - If I were to list the good points about Australia my list would be 30 times as long. :huh::D:D

Crows!!!!

I have PARROTS that wake me up! Noisy things.... :P

Utopia doesn't exist - but I'm beginning to believe even Alice may be pretty darn close. :ilikeit:

Have you been having another heavy session on the turps again, Tracy?? . . . . or is it just the morning after??

Hey Bob,

Even the turps here doesn't smell. "Opal" turps!

:P

ps it RAINED here again this morning; quite hard in fact! :ilikeit:

Hi all,

The whole TV set-up in Aus is actually strange, example - I have seen an add probable 5-6 times and one day they show the WHOLE add. The difference, on the other times they (the TV people) have cut and paste the add to suit the time slot available... I think of the mango add with the dripping paint here...

But more seriously, drug is a serious problem in Australia. I am in a regional area and we have problems, I can just imagine how it is going in the big cities... :ilikeit:

Racism, yip bad old racism is rive is certain (I reckon most) parts of Aus. It can differ inform from anything against the Aboriginals, us as English speaking immigrants to largely against non-English speaking immigrants.

Then my biggest problem with Aus -> when I am nice I call them Commoners... but they are WHITE TRASH, those are the idiots who drink and drive, leaving rubber marks everywhere with the noisy V8's. In our town, if you read or hear about something that has been broken, stolen or vandalised it is 95% one of them... example, Friday night the police stop a vehicle for a RBT, the person was sober but in trouble for driving with a suspended license. Thus the police requested he leave his car next to the road (in a suburb). He did not collect during Saturday and when we went past it Sunday morning... burnt to the ground... I rest my case... anyway those type of people is in every town/city and in every suburb!

Enough said... my 5c...

D :P

On the news this morning : pubs are thinking of serving drinks in (soft) plastic glasses as the locals get a bit (^(&%^^%^*( and they end up having a fight and then they use their beer glas to stab each other. and this is a definite thing to "complain" about the ads on tv ! a lot of crappy ads.

On the news this morning I heard that the pubs were thinking of serving their drinks in plastic containers instead of the usual glass as apparently the locals get a bit )&&^& and they turn on each other using their glasses as a weapon....... BUT the only thing I really find to "complain" about is the ads on TV - what a load of crappy ads !!!!