Do I smell a Rat?

VeeM

Help!

My sister-in-law says that if ANYONE, recruitment agency or man on the street hears of an "outsider" coming to Aus on a "holiday" with the intention to get a job... they rat on you and you get bounced back to SA before you even land in Aus. :blush:

Has anyone heard of this happening? I'm terrified that my husband's going to get kicked out and banned from Aus because of some recruitment agency being a rat and letting them know of his plans and arrival details which I've been more than open about to all agencies I've emailed. :ilikeit:

HELP!!!! Am I being paranoid or is this something I need to add to my worry list. :blink:

Vee ;)

Hi Vee,

I would take this very seriously.

All you need is a word form someone in the "wrong" ear and it could get awkward and possibly jeopardise future plans.

I'm not saying the Big Brother syndrome exists, but I would not take a chance.

Exactly what I was worried about.... so now what? Cancel the flight and accommodation??? but the recruiters won't get him a job without "seeing him" and even then that's a chance 'cos they could be wanting to catch him and hand him over.

I'm even worried to pack him "interview clothes" 'cos if he's on holiday he shouldn't need that style of attire.. right?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Help!

My sister-in-law says that if ANYONE, recruitment agency or man on the street hears of an "outsider" coming to Aus on a "holiday" with the intention to get a job... they rat on you and you get bounced back to SA before you even land in Aus. :blush:

Has anyone heard of this happening? I'm terrified that my husband's going to get kicked out and banned from Aus because of some recruitment agency being a rat and letting them know of his plans and arrival details which I've been more than open about to all agencies I've emailed. :ilikeit:

HELP!!!! Am I being paranoid or is this something I need to add to my worry list. :blink:

Vee ;)

Hi Vee

You are being Paranoid.

Think about things logically.

1. Australia has a skills shortage

2. Australia wants migrants who can contribute to the Australian economy. will migrate through the correct channels work legally and pay their taxes.

3. Australia does not want illigial immigrants who will work illegally with out a work permit and not pay taxes and possible get involved in illigal activities.

4. There is nothing wrong with coming to Australia to attend Job interviews secure a job or a sponsor etc as long as you are not going to breach the visa you are on. Thus when you apply for a Visa tell the application of your intentions namely to visit Australia to try and get a job offer and look at viability so that you can leave Australia return home, apply for the correct visa sell up etc and move to Australia legally.

There is nothing sinister about doing that and it makes perfect sense and no one will turn an eyelid. The big thing is do not lie in your application, if you say you are coming on holiday and they see evidance of your resume then they assume your intention is to enter Australia as a tourist and work illigally or never leave the country and that is where you pick up problems. so state on your visa application what your intention is and discuss it with the embassy when you apply for a visa. Do not ever lie or make false statements in any form you fill in because this will cause problems if your husband has already got a visa it might be best to go to Embassy and tell them of his intentions and find out if it is ok.

You have no need to worry. DesV has laid it out well. Your husband is not entering with the intention of working and is therefore not breaching his visa conditions. If he spends some time meeting people that may potentially employ him in the future, there is no breach of the visa.

I have NEVER heard of a recruiter (or anyone else, for that matter) dobbing in someone, so I think this is just another urban legend gone wrong :ilikeit:

Ajay

Hi VeeM

You have absolutely nothing to worry about.

DesV has made a pretty good case for you not to worry. Sadly it seems that your sister-in-law may be the one that is misinformed and/or paranoid..

I own/manage a recruitment company in Adelaide and have never heard of an incident of that nature.

I suggest that you throw away your entire "worry bag". Helen Keller is quoted as having said" Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"

Enjoy the experience!

Kind regards

Manny

He made it thru customs!!!!

Boy am I relieved... thanks guys for all your messages trying to calm me down... now it's just holding thumbs for that sponsorship!

Cheers,

Vee

Hi !!!

I hope you are well and in good spirit.

I must admit that I do not know a lot of what is going on on the streets.... but I have never before heard of it happening.

The recruiters I delt with wont even put you on their data base if you are not a resident.... I heve a residential visa and still the recruiter dont bother with me because I dont have a licence to work...

I can not see this happening....but if this is confirmed by others ... I would like to know.

I do know that some recruiters get people from SA ....and then sponsor them and pay all expeses .

Help!

My sister-in-law says that if ANYONE, recruitment agency or man on the street hears of an "outsider" coming to Aus on a "holiday" with the intention to get a job... they rat on you and you get bounced back to SA before you even land in Aus. :)

HELP!!!! Am I being paranoid or is this something I need to add to my worry list. :(

Vee :(