Brand Manager Positions

louiecw

Hi,

I am posting this on behalf of my wife, We are currently thinking of emigrating to Australia. Finding a job in my field will hopefully not be a problem (IT) :D , but we are a little concerned about her field (Brand Management). Can anyone advise me on what to expect or how the market is in the Brand Management (FMCG) field? She worked for 2 years as an Assistant Brand Manager at Unilever in RSA. We are just worried that they might tell her that she does not have any Australian experience. :lol: She also has 2yrs Marketing Research Experience so in total she has 4 yrs work experience in Marketing. She is has a Marketing Degree.

So, can anyone give some advice or can anyone just help us out a bit with our concerns. :lol:

Thanks in Advance :D

Louie

Hi Louie

I don't think you have anything to worry about :D If you look at www.seek.com.au, you'll find LOTS of brand manager positions, and she working for Unilever is a HUGE bonus!!!! I have only 2 years' experience in Market Research, and I got within 2 weeks of applying to one company only, willing to sponsor me and paying for my visa. :lol: We are going in April

At the moment, (this research was done by my mother in law who lives in Sydney), marketing people are highest in demand at the moment, followed by Engineering, then IT. My husband is in IT, and it seems that all the IT companies want to meet with him once we're there and he's on my visa, but you must not give up either!

She has to go for it!! Tell her to look at all the big manufacturers' websites, see if they have posted anything, I know that Colgate Palmolive in Aus was looking for Brand Managers in Dec :D

Just start looking, and start applying :lol: Now is the perfect time for her, and I seriously doubt that she's going to struggle to find a job.

Good luck!! :D Let me know what happens!

Cheers

Liezel

Edited by LiezelM

Hi Liezel,

Thanks for the prompt reply :lol: and great wishes. I feel so relieved right now. I see you are from Randburg, JHB and we are from Douglasdale, JHB. :D

So basically you just applied to 1 company and got a response. We will do the same and see what happens. I spoke to my wife now before posting this reply and she is really excited about this. :lol::D:D

Will keep you informed. Thanks again. :D

Edited by louiecw

Hi Louie,

If your wife is currently working for Unilever it makes sense for her to approach them here in Aus. Here is their website http://www.unilever.com.au/ . I do know they have offices in Sydney. What about Nestle http://www.nestle.com.au/Default.htm , Woolworths http://www.woolworths.com.au/ or Metcash who is owned by SAfricans and doing very well here in Sydney http://www.metcash.com/index.cfm?page_id=2107

SAS

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

This may sound like a rather unusual request and i hope we can get advice or help in any way...

Andre has his Honours in Brand Management and some varied experience whilst studying, yet he is not getting any job anywhere, and we pretty much just need a job that's industry related (marketing and branding) although his passion is Brand Management...as we all know AA is endangering the males and he's been looking for a while now and although we are in process of finishing app's for Oz, we'll probably only end up going over in one and a half to 2 years....

Anyone with advice or contacts or anything we'd apreciate it because its becoming quite a depressing obstacle now and we don't know what to do anymore.

Hi Chandi,

Have a look at Biz-Community, they tend to advertise marketing and brand related positions.

Good luck.

Bye, Pippa! X

• 2 months later...

Hi,

So I received the Job offer :thumbdown::censored: and my application is being processed.

When exactly can she start applying for positions in Sydney as well? Does she have to wait for my visa application to be approved or can she start applying now as well :blink: ?

I'd say she should start the applying...

My i ask which co is sponsoring you? Congrats!!

Not sure if I should be saying who they are? :blush: But this company has been posting messages on this forum about coming to SA. ;)

Edited by louiecw

Not sure if I should be saying who they are? ;) But this company has been posting messages on this forum about coming to SA. :D

It's the company that I work for that were in the fortunate position to be able to sponsor louiscw :blush:

louiscw - your other half can start applying now, but she'll probably get a pretty low response because she isn't in the country yet and therefore can't attend interviews. The other option is for her to contact the bigger companies in her field (not responding to an ad, just a general enquiry) and let then know that she is coming out and would like the opportunity to meet up with them once she arrives - that often shows good initiative!

CHeers - see you soon

Ajay