Good news for marketers!

LiezelM

Hi Guys

My Mom in Law did some research (she lives in Sydney), and found that the following industries are in demand:

1. MARKETING :ilikeit: YAY!!!

2. Engineers (what a surprise ;) )

3. IT

So, don't get despondent. We marketers always have to hear how many of us are out there, but this is how I got my job in Sydney: saw they were looking for people, sent my cv in the Friday, heard from them the Monday, phoned me on Thursday for a telephonic interview, a week later Thursday they offered me the job, and they're paying for my 457 visa :) This all happened in 2 weeks! :D

Good luck!

Liezel

Hi there

My boyfriend has BCom Marketing and Management and Honours in Brand Leadership, where's the best place to look for work online other than the usual such as seek?

Thanks

Chandi

Hi Chandi

Does he have any work experience? Is he in brand management, strategic marketing, market research?

In terms of brand management, you'd have to look at manufacturing company websites like Nestle, Fritolay, Kimberly Clark, Colgate Palmolive (I know Colgate Palmolive was looking for brand managers last year). They usually have job opportunities on their websites, and of course they prefer this because they don't have to go through employment agencies which are expensive :ilikeit:

In terms of market research, there are very big agencies of whom he should know if he is in this industry, he can look at their websites as well.

I found that going to the company's websites, helped me :) And then applying directly with them.

Hope this helps, hope I answered your questions? Let me know ;)

Cheers

Liezel

Hi Liezl,

It does help thanks...i ask because i'm assisting him doing the research as he's started working with his dad's company doing some marketing work - analysed the brand and marketing strategies and so forth...

He only completed his Honours in December but did adhoc part time work in market research, his thesis was around brand analysis in the young varsity generation and a company or two had him help with logo design and so forth....so its not a huge amount and thats my concern....

Thanks for the info, any suggestions otherwise?

I'm glad :ilikeit: Sounds good...having an honours counts as something.

The other tip I can give you is that I have seen companies looking for "graduates" in Australia. You just have to explore all avenues, employment agencies, directly contacting companies, everything you can! You never know!

Good luck!