PICNIC / FUND RAISER

Tilla

You are invited to a South African braai/picnic in Melbourne West. DON'T STOP READING HERE if you are living in the East. There is a plan!

We would like some suggestions for a bit of fun between East and West, maybe a cricket or volleyball game, or a bit of "Boeresport" [sakresies, eier/waterballon gooi, driebeenresies, kruiwastoot ens. (sorry don't know the English names)] - something that the whole family can enjoy.

Also, we would like to combine this event with a fund raiser for Kris Dreyer (I am sure all the Forumites already know about this). I will have a display table with the most beautiful fashion jewellery where you can buy something for Christmas or for your year-end function. ALL the profit will be donated for this cause. This will give us in Melbourne the opportunity to raise some funds from our side as well and you will get something for your money. Cash, cheques and credit cards will be accepted and you can take your purchases with you. You can check out the website at www.fifthavenuecollection.com/mhuysamen and if you have any queries you can PM me.

Details:

Sunday 12 December 2010

10h00 onwards

Venue:

Werribee Regional Park

Next to Werribee Mansion Rose Gardens

K Road Werribee VIC 3030

There is no charge for the area where the barbeque facilities are or for viewing the rose garden. Not sure if you will be able to check out the mansion or the mansion's formal gardens because there is an event booked. There used to be an entrance fee but I read somewhere that it is also free now.

Entrance to the park is at

Melways M201 D1

The picnic area is situated at

Melways M201 B3

Please look out for the blue and red balloons!!

Map of park area

Page 2, bottom left hand corner shows the picnic area.

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/resources05/05_1224.pdf

Bring with you:

South African friends, family and children, camping chairs and/or picnic blankets.

Your own food and drinks. (BBQ and/or Picnic lunch)

ABSOLUTELY NO PETS ALLOWED.

We cannot guarantee that the BBQ's will be available for our exclusive use. Please bring own camping bbq if needed.

Facilities: There are barbeques, tables and benches, undercover areas, some shady areas, lots of lawn and ablution blocks close by.

Please indicate here if you plan to attend this event so that we could have an idea of numbers!

Come on everybody - let's have a good time for a good cause ...

Hi, I just want to thank Tilla for thinking of this and deciding to give this a go! Also to the people who will decide to help her and those that will go to the event! You guys are doing so much for us, I couldn't in my wildest dreams thought I would ever receive so much help! I really hope Tilla get's a good response and that some people will assist her!

Thank you!

Hi Tilla

We cant wait to attend!! Count us in (family of 4)

Looking forward to meeting more people.

Cheers

Heidi

Excellent Heidi. Let's break the figures up: adults, teens, children, toddlers. Let me know and I'll start the count.

Thanks for being such an organiser Tilla, you can count us in, 2 adults.

Thanks Eva, and great stuff Mara - it would not be the same without you and it is high time that we spend some time together again!

Can I also ask people if they reply to add whether they are from East or West.

Come on guys it is not too far to drive I promise you and there is life at the other side of the Westgate Bridge!

Thank you

So far we have:

WEST

Adults: 4

Teens: 1

Children: 1

Toddlers: 1

(assuming from their family picture Heidi's kids are 1 child 1 toddler)

EAST

Adults: 0

Teens: 0

Children: 0

Toddlers: 0

Ooooops, so sorry about that, my computer froze and I pushed the "add reply" buttons a couple (meaning more than two) of times! :ilikeit: Can one delete some?

No problem Tilla, they are gone!

Hi Tilla

Ok, here goes is.....2 x adults; 1 child (6 yrs) and one toddler (2 yrs) and we are from the west.

Tx

Heidi

Count update

So far we have:

WEST

Adults: 6

EAST

Adults: 2

Children: 0

Toddlers: 0

Count update

So far we have:

WEST

EAST

Adults: 4

Come on folks, Tilla has gone to a lot of trouble, there must be more of you that look forward to a lekker day out?

Count update

So far we have:

WEST

EAST

Adults: 9

Teens: 2

OK guys, just putting this out there again, three weeks to go, I hope these numbers are going to increase. You should enjoy the park, we had a great time last year when we used this venue!

That's great, East and West adults almost on a par, but still awaiting some confirmations. Looking forward to meeting you!

Count update

So far we have:

WEST

Adults: 8

Children: 4

EAST

Adults: 9

bumpity bump, just putting the thread "out there"

bumpity bump, just putting the thread "out there"

Thanks Mara. I have a new update and I am still awaiting some replies. We need a couple more Westies ...

Count update

So far we have:

WEST

Adults: 10

Children: 5

EAST

Adults: 11

Teens: 4

Children: 2

bumpity bump...

Count update

So far we have:

WEST

Adults: 12

Children: 5

EAST

Adults: 13

Teens: 4

Children: 4

Count update

I am often amazed at the number of folks asking about the next get together, but then when one is arranged, they are not keen to join in. Go figure!

Last year we had a great time, it is a lovely venue, and we can only hope that we are going to have a lovely sunshine day! So...please come and join us, we are not such a bad bunch! What have you got to lose? If nothing else, a walk through the Werribee Mansion's rose garden, now that it is flowering, is an absolute must, it is spectacular!

My thoughts exactly. So far all the numbers on the East side are SA-friends that I have invited personally, and most have them have been there last year as well - that means it could not have been a bad day for them. I am still waiting for a couple of replies from people in the west, who are also on the forum. Anyway, I think we are going to have a great time. Less than two weeks now!

Archived