Sydney get together end Jan 2010

Candide

Hi,

Some of you (from http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showt...=26952&hl=) are quite keen for a Sydney get together. Since most of you seem to be in the Hills but am in Strathfield and no car, may we choose a venue mid-way accessible by/near public transport, the weekends 16-17 or 23-24 Jan 2010?

Please suggest some venues that can accommodate a little group of us for coffee/tea.

Candide

We're in! Haven't got a clue about a venue much to new to Sydney!

Will probably invite some Saffer friends we have living in The Hills too!

Come to think about it, I'll ask them if they have a 'venue suggestion'.

The 24th is the best date for us.

How about somewhere in Parramatta? The only place I know there is by the river - could have a picnic or something - but there must be plenty of other places too.

We could also do something in the Hills and I would be happy to pick up Candide from the the bus or train station if you're willing to venture out this way! :blush: If so, Cafe Saligna at Cumberland State Forest might be a good option, or we can have a picnic/BBQ there which might be better... Depends on the weather and the number of people attending. It's also fairly close to the Pennant Hills station for Candide.

Amanda

We're based in Sydney in the Eastern suburbs. No idea where people are suggesting. Was told by a friend that Paramatta is out "Whoop-Whoop". :blush: We have just got a car though, so if not too far out we can take a drive out of the city.

-Dion

Has anyone considered Australia Day as a possible date? It being a holiday?

Somewhere central that is accessible by train/bus is normally best for those without transport.

Unfortunately I'm going back to South Africa ..... :):blink: :blink: ..... but will organise something in the South again when I'm back! I will keep an eye on this event, because I'm sure hubby would like to attend!

We're based in Sydney in the Eastern suburbs. No idea where people are suggesting. Was told by a friend that Paramatta is out "Whoop-Whoop". :) We have just got a car though, so if not too far out we can take a drive out of the city.

-Dion

... and I thought we were the only ones in the East...

Paramatta actually not such a hectic drive from this side, but the beauty of the East is that it is so central and it is easy enough to get almost anywhere. (Also we don't get too many funnel webs, but that's another story)

Not necessarily a great place to get together, but loads of people are going to Darling harbour on Australia Day, there is tons on for the kids, and adults too.

Anybody on 24 Jan or Australia day, please firm up on venue. Either date good for me. Not much time left.

africa2aus: thanx for offer of picking me from train/bus.

Candide

Archived