2010 East Rand "Coffee" Club

Serendipity

Due to the great success of the last get together, and the sudden demand for another one I have decided to run with it and use the same layout as Stranded did before.

Date is booked with the DROS already, based on requests of an early Feb get together, before certain forumites depart on thier new adventures.

Lets try beat the last record of 21ppl and Gremlins!!!

CONFIRMED "COFFEE" CLUB ON THE EAST RAND

Date: Sunday 7 February 2010 @ 13h00

Venue:

DROS

Eden Meadows Shopping Centre

Cnr. Van Riebeeck & Modderfontein Road

Edenvale - near Greenstone Mall

Tel: 011-452 1882

Seating: Upstairs, there is a secure play area for the Gremlins downstairs & outside

Invites: All on forum big (Adult) & small (Gremlin)

RSVP: Here on the topic, with a head count (Adults & Gremlins)

PLEASE PM ME YOUR NAMES FOR THE TAGS

Format: Will be the same as before, seating will be upstairs with tags and numbers for billing purposes.

What happens on a coffee club normally:

Very informal, meeting, those that want to eat or drink, do so, others save for the expensive flights to Aus

It normally starts a bit stiff, as people are strangers to one another,

People talk to one another about how far they are in the process,

People share advice,

People share their fears,

People laugh

And then no one wants to go home in the end!

Look forward to meeting some old and new Forumites.

:)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't forget to PM me all the Adults names, who will be joining in, for the Name Tags

Ag tog, I will probably be there :ilikeit: It's not that I don't like you guys, it's just that I would have preferred to be in Australia! :unsure:

I'm currently in Australia, but I am flying back to South Africa mid January and then hopefully the sale of the business will be finalised by end of February. So if my brothers don't have something planned for that weekend, I will gladly join you guys!

See you!

Milada

Hi Serendipity

Wow you are on the ball!! :ilikeit:

Myself and my scary hubby will be there :unsure: , without a doubt! Will assist with whatever you need me to.

Looking forward to it!!

Stranded

KatB and I will definitely join. I agree, would've loved to have been in Oz already, but I'll hang around for the get together and go soon afterwards :-) - I'll PM all the details as requested!!

This invite is OPEN TO ALL in and around JHB - PTA etc etc, all depends on if you don't mind travelling a bit to join us.

It is not only for East Rand based Forumites

Look forward to hearing from many more Forumites who wish to join in on the fun

I have pinned this topic, makes it easier to find, I will unpin it after the event.

Thanks Serendipity,

We'll join with our.....scary kidz,lol. Will PM the details to u!

Hi all - the numbers are climbing and we are heading for another great get together.

Currently we have

11 Adults and 5 Gremlins confirmed :ilikeit:

Not only are we seeing some old friends from the previous get together but meeting some new.

Please remember this invite is open for EVERYONE, if your willing to travel and want to be there PM me.

Lets make this the biggest get together JHB has ever seen

WoW Last time was so much fun, we just need to confirm a few things and we will let you know if we can make it too. :blink:

Hi all - the numbers are climbing and we are heading for another great get together.

Currently we have

11 Adults and 5 Gremlins confirmed :blink:

include us in.

two adults one gremlin

WoW Last time was so much fun, we just need to confirm a few things and we will let you know if we can make it too. :rolleyes:

Hope you can, would be great to see you again.

Abdul - your on the list, see you soon.

Hi, thanks for the invite. Would love to make it! Might only be me as hubby will be close to writing an exam. Let me know dates...

Hi, thanks for the invite. Would love to make it! Might only be me as hubby will be close to writing an exam. Let me know dates...

Date: Sunday 7 February 2010 @ 13h00

Venue:

DROS

Eden Meadows Shopping Centre

Cnr. Van Riebeeck & Modderfontein Road

Edenvale - near Greenstone Mall

Tel: 011-452 1882

Seating: Upstairs, there is a secure play area for the Gremlins downstairs & outside

Invites: All on forum big (Adult) & small (Gremlin)

RSVP: Here on the topic, with a head count (Adults & Gremlins)

PLEASE PM ME YOUR NAMES FOR THE TAGS

Format: Will be the same as before, seating will be upstairs with tags and numbers for billing purposes.

Hope to see you there.

We're also planning on leaving early 2010 (oh...this year), looking forward to meeting all of you. It sounds like there will be about 20 people(???) so, should be good.

Hi Serendipity,

Thank's for the invite!

We will be there! 2 Adults and 2 Gremlins.

Just not sure how we make the booking?

Blessings,

Raymond

Yes Yes Will Be There Too :D

Can't wait and looking forward to it.

2 X Adults (Kyto and Trix)

2 X Gremlins (Kyle 12 and Danika 8)

Kyto and family

Hi Serendipity,

Thank's for the invite!

We will be there! 2 Adults and 2 Gremlins.

Just not sure how we make the booking?

Blessings,

Raymond

Hi Raymond,

Serendipity requested that you PM the names of the people attending to make a booking....hope that helps.

See you there.

Craig

WOW What an awesome response and its still early days

:blush:

I have confirmed the booking so all is on track

Headcount is currently sitting at:

Adults: 18

Gremlins: 10

Its going to be a great day :magic: with many discussions and new friends being made :hug:

Keep those RSVP's coming in :jester:THE MORE THE MERRIER :D

OPEN TO ALL - even those willing to travel from PTA or further by any means - bike, car, bus, plane etc etc :lol:

Hi there,

We would love to attend - 2 adults (Di & Gary), one 'gremlin' - Zoë (2.5 yrs old)!

Please could you add us to the list.

We are "onions", live in Croydon, Kempton Park. I am so glad to see another coffee club has come up so soon (and in the same venue, 5 mins drive for us!), missed the last one by 2 days! We can't wait to meet like-minded people and chat and gather advice on this migration journey!

We have so far gathered all passports, vault copies etc. Next step is IELTS, and hubby to do his RPL for the ACS. He's dragging his feet on this one as it seems like it's going to be a huge mission...

Would just like to know - how many of you out there are actually using an agent??

Di&Gary

Hi there,

We would love to attend - 2 adults (Di & Gary), one 'gremlin' - Zoë (2.5 yrs old)!

We are "onions", live in Croydon, Kempton Park. I am so glad to see another coffee club has come up so soon (and in the same venue, 5 mins drive for us!), missed the last one by 2 days! We can't wait to meet like-minded people and chat and gather advice on this migration journey!

We have so far gathered all passports, vault copies etc. Next step is IELTS, and hubby to do his RPL for the ACS. He's dragging his feet on this one as it seems like it's going to be a huge mission...

Would just like to know - how many of you out there are actually using an agent??

Di&Gary

Great, your on the list - look forward to meeting you.

Oh and we are using an agent here in Bedfordview

Hi there,

Di&Gary

We went through an agent based in Perth (Met him on his visit to RSA). What I liked about him was that he actually read my mails as opposed to the large agencies that sent you a standard response about what the requirements are and didn't respond to any of my questions and concerns around timing 9as in applying before birthday), studying CISSP, Qualification recognitions, etc, etc.

I also struggled getting around to doing the RPL, it's a killer. What line of work are you in specifically - I bought RPL example packs that made kicking the process off much easier and they might be able to help you.

See you guys on the 7th

The RPL thing sucks, they want to know every single detail for the past 8 years at the ACS. It has taken me 3 months to get everything together and I still need to do 2 more statutory declarations today. Hopefully I will get everything off to my agent this week. I guess all good things come to thos who wait... :ilikeit:

We are seriously heading for another FANTASTIC GET TOGETHER

Headcount is:

Adults: 24

Gremlins: 11

This year we have incorporated the the "JUMPING JOEYS" for the children.

So they to will be in for a blast.

Also we will be honoured to have our very own Forum Host - Mara's sisters with us :ilikeit:

To any other forumites wanting to join - there is still time, please just let me know ASAP

Archived