176 Family sponsored visas

WaltAM

I was just wondering if anybody had been issued with their 176 Family Sponsored visa recently?

We submitted end Jan 2009....so I know it is still early days for us....but I was wondering if they were issuing these now at all (by any miracle)....

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't read of any on the forum, but I could have just overlooked a post. I would be very interested to see if there were any that had been approved recently. I applied at the beginning of May 2009 so I'll only really start getting excited/stressed at the end of 2010!

I'll be applying end of September - we should keep contact!

Yes, we must all definitely keep in contact as there doesn't seem too many people on this forum that are applying for this type of visa.

Hi All

We applied for the 176 Family spons. visa on 27 May 2008, and we are still waiting. I heard that they are not processing this visa at all ( please correct me if I am wrong).

My husband is going over to Auz at the end of the month to Perth, Brisbane and Sidney. Let's hope that he loves Auz, so it will keep him waiting for the visa. :)

That is very disheartening to hear that you have been waiting for so long already!! :)

We are already becoming impatient...even though we are anticipating that something will only happen mid- next year. I get all excited when I hear all the wonderful stories of people settling in and I cannot wait to get over there.

Will your hubby be looking for possible sponsorship while over there? (so that you can get over there quicker)

My husband will check around at jobs, but is against a sponsorship. He does not want to go the route where a company sponsors you and once you have moved over they might get rid of you and then you have to leave the country.

With a 176 you dont have that pressure. I am just hoping we hear something by the end of the year. Who knows he might love it and try anything to get in. I am holding thumbs

176 Family Sponsored is not high priority at the moment.

1st is Employer Sponsored, 2nd is State Sponsored, 3rd is CSL

Jumbojet has applied for a 176 Family visa. He applied in Dec '08 and has been told that it could take anything from 6-24 months. He is away on holiday at the moment, but is quite active on the site so I am sure he will be able to give you some more advice when he returns.

If you are able to get a 176 state sponsorship you should rather take that route. We lodged on the 08 January 2009 and we had our visa approved on the 12 June 2009.

There is another forumite, I think HappyToImmigrate or something like thatl, her name is Simone, who also applied for Family sponsor 176, who has been waiting 1 year, it seems they are moving very slowly on this one...

Hi we have also applied for a family sponsorship and were told at least 18 months so its quite a wait yet as we also only handed it in earlier this year.

Scary that, on a site this big, no-one has received one yet!!!

Nes

It sounds like the general consensus is that the minimum waiting period will most probably be 18+ months. I was just hoping that somebody on this forum would prove this wrong by indicating that they had received this type of visa sooner than that! So, I guess we will have to settle in and wait....I am glad to see though that there are some others out there in the same boat as us and we must all definitely keep in touch!

Hi Dereko is correct. We applied 19 Dec 2008 and still waiting...our agent cannot give any definite timeline at this stage but seems to think we should get our visa by December 2010. As we are not high up on the priority processing of visas it means a lengthy delay. Initially we were told 9 - 12 months from date of lodgement. If I hear anything I will definitely post it here.

There are a few of us waiting patiently and are seemingly quiet as nothing is happening.

I' ll let you all know how my husbands trip went once he comes back mid Sept.

I spoke to my sister this week, she lives in Brisbane. I told her that our visa is not moving at all. Her words of comfort were not to worry as the Australian gov. want their people to be happy so they will start processing the family spons. visa sonner or later. So I will alow her words to comfort me in the meantime.

:offtopic::ilikeit:

Another thing.

Those of you who have applied for 176 Family spons. can you update your visa type on the Visa Timeline website in the comments section to Family spons as I have, so we can keep track of each other??

Hi Everyone-we are also waiting for PR176- FAMILY SPONSORED. We applied 8 June 2008 so have been waiting well over a year with no end in sight. Our agent has advised we change to state sponsored, applied may 09 through Queensland- was quoted 8 weeks but 14 weeks later still 3-4 months away from getting that approved too. Our timing has just been off through the whole process. Getting extremely impatient now!!!

Hi all

Thanks for the thread. There seems to be quite a few of us, but because it is such a long trip, I have decided to go below deck and sleep it out. :) HI Jumbojet i lodged just two days before you.

Cheers

Hi All

My sister who is in Australia phoned DIAC and queried our application. They told her that at this stage the only way we are going to get a visa is either by State Sponsor or Business Sponsor.

So we wait or we think long and hard about the above mentioned. My husband is off next Saterday to Australia on a LSD trip and he got his business visa.It is valid for 1 year multiple entry and he can stay in Australia for 3 months at a time.

I truley believe that someting good will come out of his trip. :whome:

Good luck and I hope he enjoys his LSD trip..

I have decided to be patient -- unfortunately cannot get state sponsorship at this time so have no other choice.

But I am confident that DIAC will see the need to start processing 176 family sponsored visas as the SS lists are gettin shorter as demand is satisfied in each state. (well that works for me at this stage anyway.....)

And I am such an impatient person that this process is teaching me a HUGE lesson in patience...

Thanks for the feedback.

We will just have to be patient then as neither my hubby nor I currently qualify for SS (and I frequently check to see if this changes). I will go with Jumbojet's rationalisation then that the SS skills are being fulfilled.... :whome:

Let us know the outcome of your hubby's LSD trip.

And so we wait....and wait.... and wait.....

Patience is a virtue :)

.....and then some.

I will keep you posted about his trip. He gets to see my family in Brisbane so my nose is a bit out of joint at the moment. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Just to update you about my husbands trip.

He arrived in Sidney this morning. I seemed to have booked his hotel in a bit of a dodge area he tells me.(Oops)

He has two meetings tomorrow so I cant wait to will hear all about that!

Thanks for the update. Tell him to take some pics you can share with us.

Looking forward to hearing all the news soon! :)

Archived