Accomodation in/near St Ives, Sydney

Chocolate

Hi Guys,

We are planning our LSD/validation trip in December, and

we would like to possibly stay in or near the area we would most probably

like to end up staying.

Do any of you know of reasonably priced ($100-$150 per day) places to stay

for a family of four in the St Ives area?

Do you perhaps have other areas to suggest ?

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks

Chocolate

hi

PM me your dates etc and I will ask around. Perhaps someone might be going away and then you could stay in their place?

You could look at Turramurra, Pymble, Wahroonga, Gordon, St Ives, West Pymble etc also.

How old are your children?

S

Thanks sa2oz,

We haven't booked any flights yet, waiting for specials, but that might not happen

as we plan on going in peak season ie 5 Dec to around 20 Dec.

So far, Qantas is around R45K for the 4 of us (we want direct flights to Sydney with the kids)

My kids are 11 (girl) and 7 (boy).

Regards

Chocolate

We also live In St Ives ,so I will keep my eyes and ears open for you !Also if I see any ad's on the noticeboard at the shopping center ,I will pass it on to you .

Thanks Donne! Much appreciated!

Regards

Chocolate

Hi Chocolate

We have just moved to Sydney (two weeks ago) and are now staying in St Ives.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom furnished apartment in Chatswood (Chelsea Mansion) for the first two weeks and it was awesome. The apartment is very modern, parking in the basement and well equipped for self-catering including washing machine, tumble dryer, etc. We paid $ 1050 per week (incl GST).

We booked through Apartment Services (www.apartmentservice.com.au). The apartment is opposite the Chatswood Station which has just been upgraded (for easy access to the CBD and upper north shore areas) and two great shopping centres, i.e. Chatswood Chase and Westfield Shopping Centre. The Medicare, Centrelink and RTA offices are around the corner (walking distance).

No so good news, the house opposite us had a break in last night, the owner caught one of them. Apparently there were 3 of them aged 18. The police arrived at high speed (lots of noise) in minutes.

Apart from the above incident, we feel very safe in Sydney.

Driving in Sydney is very easy but suggest you buy or hire a GPS. Best car rental deals from Bayswater Car Rental (all new Toyota Corollas).

Good luck with all your arrangements.

We live in the south of Sydney - in Cronulla. While I am not working - will probably start working next year - we offer accommodation for South Africans. We don't charge a lot - under $60 per day depending on the number of people and it includes breakfast ("bokspap"), small dinners and some sightseeing. The only disadvantage is that kids have to sleep on the couches....

I am unfortunately also waiting for other people to confirm their stay with us during December.... but will ask them to make a decision soon.

Please send me a PM if you want to know more.

Milada

Thanks for your input and assistance!

Milada, that is very kind of you! We would prefer to stay someone near St Ives

as that is where we would probably like to settle one day, and so we could get "a feel"

of the area. I will certainly keep you in mind!

Thanks so much

Chocolate