Cheap flights

Marius & Euneze

Hi everyone

We received a quotation from IOM today for 30 October 2009 from Jhb to Perth (one way) - R5 600 per adult and R4 200 per child with a 40kg allowance.

Inclusive of airport taxes and service fees!

Cheap...cheap!!!!!

Euneze :ilikeit:

LOL I'll be flying the 28th October to Perth. From what I saw in the quote it looked like a direct flight. For R 5600 direct, it is REALLY cheap.

We have a quote from IOM for 30th Sept:

Cost: Durban/Johannesburg - ZAR 1 200 per adult

Johannesburg/Sydney/Brisbane - ZAR 8 200 per adult

40kgs luggage.....

We have also got the same quote from IOM. Flying on 21st July for R5600 from Jhb to Perth. A very good price I think. Exactly the same flights were almost R12 000 from a travel agent!!!!!!!!!

Hi

can some one give me IOM's number please?

Thanks

Enrica

Hello.....

TRABOTHATA@iom.int

Email Tumi above.

here is the doc they sent me.....

Dear Migrants

Thank you very much for your inquiry.

For new migrants coming to Australia with skilled migration visa or any permanent visa, IOM offers discounted fares and concessional baggage allowance on some carriers covered under IOM global agreement operating from/to Australia.

Please note that we can avail our concession fares and baggage allowance for the travel booked through IOM. Please also note that IOM Pretoria assists one-way travel to the immigration country. This means that we cannot assist any return trip.

Also, please note voluntary stop-over is not permitted for the IOM migrants' fare.

The baggage allowance of 40 kg only applies to personal luggage. If you wish to move items by freight or cargo, or if you wish to take your pets, please contact Australian Customs Services at www.customs.gov.au.

In order to give you a travel quote please specify:

Number of passengers (please provide the age if your family includes children under 12 years old)

the city of departure

the city of arrival in Australia

Preferred departure date

Copies of passport and Visa for all passengers travelling(Please fax to 086 544 6456 or email to trabothata@iom.int

Please note that the costing may change due to airfare increases or currency exchange rate fluctuations. Therefore, IOM will advise you of the exact cost after the actual airline booking has been made.

IOM cannot make travel arrangements until all Australian Immigration requirements have been met and visas and passports issued for each person traveling. Please ensure that you have all the necessary visas before your departure.

Please note that the quotation will be sent to you within 24 hours after receiving the necessary documents

Hi Enrica

You can also talk to Deeksha Bhoola - dbhoola@iom.int

Tel nr: 012 342 2789 X232

Fax nr: 012 342 0932

When can we get a quote, only after the visa is in the passport, or can I ask for a quote so long with just the grant email?

Cheers

When can we get a quote, only after the visa is in the passport, or can I ask for a quote so long with just the grant email?

Cheers

hey maloui

Just email the grand letter to them when you ask for the quote, as long as you have a grand letter they will help you.

I have recieved a quote from IOM and it is via Sydney to Adelaide. I have seen that flights via Sydney are more expensive than flights via Perth. Can I ask them specifically for flights via Perth? It's a lot shorter also.

Apart from the extra baggage allowance, the price is actually the same as through an agent going via Perth?

Any ideas?

we booked tickets through them today.

R8900 per adult, R7000 for our 2.5year old from JHB to SYDNEY to HOBART.

We have a wedding in France in Feb 2010 and were hoping to fly Jhb-Paris and Paris-Perth one way. Does anyone know what the best way to book this and whether IOM offers this option. I have emailed IOM a few days ago and have not had a response.

Has anyone asked IOM to fly via Perth or another city after they gave you quotes?

I want to fly via Perth to Adelaide and not via Sydney. Has anyone done this, is it possible?