WE R SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING PULLING OUT!

Hello my fellow formates B)

I was topping all day long whether I should post this thread, because I know this kind of post must irritate the hell out of people on this forum. Than I thought, I want to share my feelings with someone. Seeing that I can't share it with anyone else, who best than people who went through the same and understand where I come from. :whome:

I told hubby this weekend that I'm seriously thinking of stopping this whole immigration process. :ilikeit: You won't believe it, without discussing it he said he feels exactly the same! I don't know why I'm feeling so strong about this. I'm a Christian, and I believe that God will take me where he wants me :holy: . Our application went very smoothly so far. I always prayed to God to not allow my PR visa to be approved if he doesn't want us to go to Oz.

Perhaps it is the looooooooong wait that I don't feel so exited anymore? You know how it goes when you want something but can't get it immediately, one tends to cool off. Am I perhaps in this 'cooling off' period?

My biggest fear of this whole immigration process is that I'm scared that me or hubby won't find proper jobs in Oz. The whole adaption process and move doesn't bother me at all. I lived for 3 years overseas and was privileged enough to travel and see the world, so I kinda know what I'm letting myself in to.

Let me explain our circumstances. I've got my own business. Doing OK for myself. Its been 10 years since I worked for a boss. So I'm absolute spoiled in doing my own thing. What will I do in Oz? I do not have recent job experience for the occupation I'm qualified for. Hubby has a pretty good job which he is happy in. He is not qualified for what he is doing at the moment, thus it will make it difficult to 'proof' himself in Oz. :blink:

We also have a little hobby which also generates a bit of an income for us - fixing up houses. We won't be able to do this in Oz either. Ag, than there is other reasons like my dad and mom who is both very very ill.

It might sounds like I'm looking for all kinda excuses, but this is just how I feel and my fears. What worries me is that I do not have that strong urge to go anymore. Yes, yes, I do know all this bad things going on in SA and yes, I can't see SA improving in the next couple of years or ever, but I can't help thinking that we as a family will be better off staying in SA. Perhaps this is my destiny, I don't know?

P.S. I've got a CO and all my docs is in so it's just a matter of time before I'll get an answer.

Thanks for reading my thread and hope I didn't irritate anyone :blush:

Hi JennyR

The same plan is not for everybody, we need different things. Nobody is forcing you to go to Oz and maybe this is God's way of telling you that it is not your time to go now but do not burn your bridges just jet!!!! When you have your visa go for an LSD and then take a definite decision.

Take care

Hestie

I have been going through the same doubts the past 2 years(its a really awfull roller-coaster ride). I have decided to stick with "if I am supposed to go to Oz everything will work out and the visa will be approved". If for some reason my visa is declined I will continue with my life here in RSA. Try to be patient,you will know soon enough! I also agree with Hestie-once the visa is approved,go for a look-see and perhaps try to find jobs? With this world wide resession I think it is a bit scary to go without a job but I am a boringly cautious person B)

Hi JennyR

do not burn your bridges just jet!!!! When you have your visa go for an LSD and then take a definite decision.

Take care

Hestie

Oh I think it will be stupid not to validate ones visa if you get it. Even if I do not want to go anymore, we will still try and validate our visas. It's just so annoying that ones whole life is on hold. You don't want to buy another house because ......................... you gonna immigrate, you don't want to go on holiday because ......................... you must safe up for the LSD trip, you don't want to expand your business because ........................................ will it be profitable seeing that you want to immigrate, and so the list goes on and on!

Thanks for your reply anyway!

Thanks Hangel, it is always comforting to know there is people out there that feels the same! Thats why I thought it well sharing my feelings and fears!

Moving overseas is a huge decision as I'm sure you know from past experience. I would just go and validate my visa like you say and then you have three year window period to weigh up all your options. A lot may happen after the elections so keep your options open!

Hi Jenny

Thanks for sharing and for being honest. I can absolutely understand EXACTLY how you feel cos I go thru this all the time myself. Maybe it is the waiting and keeping everything on hold that starts to get to a person??

I keep asking my hubby if he REALLY wants to go and he says yes but he keps asking me too....

I think my BRAIN says GO and my heart says STAY! I am really afraid of growing old here but I am afraid to leave everything familiar and most especialy my family. My folks are also not well....

Love K

Moving overseas is a huge decision as I'm sure you know from past experience. I would just go and validate my visa like you say and then you have three year window period to weigh up all your options. A lot may happen after the elections so keep your options open!

Yeah, would be interesting to see what happens after the elections and the world cup! I was so sure that we'll not be around for the world cup, but nou ja....................

Hi Jenny

Thanks for sharing and for being honest. I can absolutely understand EXACTLY how you feel cos I go thru this all the time myself. Maybe it is the waiting and keeping everything on hold that starts to get to a person??

I keep asking my hubby if he REALLY wants to go and he says yes but he keps asking me too....

I think my BRAIN says GO and my heart says STAY! I am really afraid of growing old here but I am afraid to leave everything familiar and most especialy my family. My folks are also not well....

Love K

My dearest K! Was so thinking of you when I wrote this thread! You know where I come from, so thanks for being there for me!!

Pleasure Jen!! Our problem is we will have 6 months... It is an age thing!!! Can't do the skilled or state sponsored visa as already over 45y..... If we do not go we loose the opportunity..... No wonder we cannot sleep and I comfort eat!!!!

Hi JennyR

We all have doubts, we all second guess ourselves, but believe me, in the end, what will be, will be. As long as you can find 'a job' in Australia, I am sure you will be able to end up with your own business again, once you have had an opportunity to suss out the market. Surely if it worked in SA there is no reason why it should not work in Aus? As for hubby, I don't know how many people in Aus work in areas that they were totally unqualified for. I know of a high school teacher that works as a PA, and loves it, she says 'no stress'! Then there is the well qualified IT guy, he decided that it would be far easier being a courier driver, he loves that.... So, hubby will find his niche, I am sure. Also, as to your hobby of fixing up homes, this is definetly 'do up' country, no reason why you cannot do it again. OK, I know, the rules and regulations, but that is genuinely mostly just for plumbing and electricity, as for the rest, go for it!

I agree with all the others, when your visa comes through, at least validate it, then you still have time to make your final decision.

It's just so annoying that ones whole life is on hold.

JennyR,

Your comment here is very true.

For two years I felt like I was always waiting, for something...for news, for a better life, for an answer... for a yes, or for a no....

You almost get to a point in the waiting game... when you think, well... if it's going to be a NO!!! Then tell me now!

For us, the wait was worth it, we were struggling financially with the cost allocated for the visa, struggling even to pay the bond... We didn't have our own businesses and such like...

I was just asking JustB last night in fact, about how he felt... and it's amazing, for a long time, we felt in limbo... always waiting.... and now... that wait is over, we're moving on and up.

Sure we have plans and want greater things... BUT we aren't living life waiting.

And I think that's an important thing. When you get the Visa... the "waiting" part is really over. If you are fortunate enough to be able to validate and then go back to RSA... then go ahead.

No one should be irritated with your post... we are all so different....

Take care and good luck

red

Edited to add: We really are loving it here... it's more than I could ever have wished for... at the end of the month, we actually have savings!!!

Edited by Red

Hi Jenny

Found your post so true and scary, at the same time. Thank you for your honesty, I am sure you already feel better after voicing your hart's issues.

You and only you and Hubby can make this choice yourself. Keep praying and comunicating with one another and in the end the right answer will come!

We will always be here for you!

Stranded

We all have ups and downs, dont give up now!!!

Get PR then come check it out, then decide!

We all have our comfort zones, and making this type of decision and /or move is obviously "uncomfortable"

keep the faith B)

gr8xpectations

Come over and check it out and then decide, I nearly backed out of moving 100's of times. Immigration is tough and there are days when I want to go back, but i believe once we are settled and have loads of friends etc we will feel better.

Get your visa. Come have a look here and keep your visa. One day the day is going to come when you want to come over here or need to and then that option is closed.

Doubt is something that is making you feel you need to pull out. Doubts on jobs, Doubts on wether we will make it or not. If you strongly feel that God will take you where you need to be, then you should pray that God's Will should happen in your life, and if its His will you will get your visa.

Good Luck!!

:ilikeit:

Hi JennyR,

The waiting part was the toughest bit for me. 14-odd months between lodging and grant is no laughing matter let me tell you. But, in the end, its worth the wait. I want a brighter future for my kids, and thats what kept me going. Having a compelling reason for going makes a huge difference.

And hard work has its rewards too in Oz. An old school friend of mine lives in Queensland. He has a std 10, and is nearing 50 by now. His family moved there in the 80's. Since then he has worked as a manager at a Coles, driven a bread delivery truck, and presently drives a milk delivery truck. Humble stuff, nê? But over the last 10 years or so, he has bought "fixer-uppers", made the necessary repairs, and now collects rent on 7 homes with small bonds. And he's raised a family of 3 kids to boot.

One thing that Red said that really caught my eye "at the end of the month, we actually have savings". That is something I can really identify with, because that is our story too, when we started working overseas. I know ours is perhaps not the typical situation, but for me it seems in SA all we ever did was work work work to pay off the car, the bond, the schoolfees etc etc. Its a good thing to have a few dollars left at the end of the month!

Tex

Hi There, I can only agree with everyone, come and have a look, once youre visa is active you can always decide one way or another. I must say for us there was never a doubt, family in SA not withstanding, we knew we had to look to our childrens futures, And in SA we just could not see any. I'm finding myself very frustrated now that more of my family and friends aren't pushing to get here, I know what potential there is here and it is really a place a future can be built. Houses and cars and even businesses are just stuff in the end. Quality if life, health etc are really priceless.

Ok, enough from me, keep faith with the dream and it will happen

I know what potential there is here and it is really a place a future can be built. Houses and cars and even businesses are just stuff in the end. Quality if life, health etc are really priceless.

Ok, enough from me, keep faith with the dream and it will happen

Amen to that

Hello my fellow formates :ilikeit:

I was topping all day long whether I should post this thread, because I know this kind of post must irritate the hell out of people on this forum. Than I thought, I want to share my feelings with someone. Seeing that I can't share it with anyone else, who best than people who went through the same and understand where I come from. :blink:

I told hubby this weekend that I'm seriously thinking of stopping this whole immigration process. :whome: You won't believe it, without discussing it he said he feels exactly the same! I don't know why I'm feeling so strong about this. I'm a Christian, and I believe that God will take me where he wants me :holy: . Our application went very smoothly so far. I always prayed to God to not allow my PR visa to be approved if he doesn't want us to go to Oz.

Perhaps it is the looooooooong wait that I don't feel so exited anymore? You know how it goes when you want something but can't get it immediately, one tends to cool off. Am I perhaps in this 'cooling off' period?

My biggest fear of this whole immigration process is that I'm scared that me or hubby won't find proper jobs in Oz. The whole adaption process and move doesn't bother me at all. I lived for 3 years overseas and was privileged enough to travel and see the world, so I kinda know what I'm letting myself in to.

Let me explain our circumstances. I've got my own business. Doing OK for myself. Its been 10 years since I worked for a boss. So I'm absolute spoiled in doing my own thing. What will I do in Oz? I do not have recent job experience for the occupation I'm qualified for. Hubby has a pretty good job which he is happy in. He is not qualified for what he is doing at the moment, thus it will make it difficult to 'proof' himself in Oz. :ilikeit:

We also have a little hobby which also generates a bit of an income for us - fixing up houses. We won't be able to do this in Oz either. Ag, than there is other reasons like my dad and mom who is both very very ill.

It might sounds like I'm looking for all kinda excuses, but this is just how I feel and my fears. What worries me is that I do not have that strong urge to go anymore. Yes, yes, I do know all this bad things going on in SA and yes, I can't see SA improving in the next couple of years or ever, but I can't help thinking that we as a family will be better off staying in SA. Perhaps this is my destiny, I don't know?

P.S. I've got a CO and all my docs is in so it's just a matter of time before I'll get an answer.

Thanks for reading my thread and hope I didn't irritate anyone :ilikeit:

Hi Jenny,

The immigration thing is not for everyone - my husband and I have been here for nearly 5 years now and are talking about moving back to SA. Even though Australia was not for me - I am very glad that I can return with Aussie citizenship, that way I have options and if in the future I decide that SA is not for our family Aus is definately my choice of country after SA.

So I agree with the other replies - get your permanent residency, give yourself time and make the decision when it feels right for you.

Good Luck with your journey :)

Hi JennyR

We all have doubts, we all second guess ourselves, but believe me, in the end, what will be, will be. As long as you can find 'a job' in Australia, I am sure you will be able to end up with your own business again, once you have had an opportunity to suss out the market. Surely if it worked in SA there is no reason why it should not work in Aus? As for hubby, I don't know how many people in Aus work in areas that they were totally unqualified for. I know of a high school teacher that works as a PA, and loves it, she says 'no stress'! Then there is the well qualified IT guy, he decided that it would be far easier being a courier driver, he loves that.... So, hubby will find his niche, I am sure. Also, as to your hobby of fixing up homes, this is definetly 'do up' country, no reason why you cannot do it again. OK, I know, the rules and regulations, but that is genuinely mostly just for plumbing and electricity, as for the rest, go for it!

I agree with all the others, when your visa comes through, at least validate it, then you still have time to make your final decision.

Mara, your kind words always make me feel better! Think I should reconsider the move cause seems to me all the nice people is living in Oz now :ilikeit: As you say: WHAT WILL BE WILL BE!

JennyR,

Your comment here is very true.

For two years I felt like I was always waiting, for something...for news, for a better life, for an answer... for a yes, or for a no....

You almost get to a point in the waiting game... when you think, well... if it's going to be a NO!!! Then tell me now!

For us, the wait was worth it, we were struggling financially with the cost allocated for the visa, struggling even to pay the bond... We didn't have our own businesses and such like...

I was just asking JustB last night in fact, about how he felt... and it's amazing, for a long time, we felt in limbo... always waiting.... and now... that wait is over, we're moving on and up.

Sure we have plans and want greater things... BUT we aren't living life waiting.

And I think that's an important thing. When you get the Visa... the "waiting" part is really over. If you are fortunate enough to be able to validate and then go back to RSA... then go ahead.

No one should be irritated with your post... we are all so different....

Take care and good luck

red

Edited to add: We really are loving it here... it's more than I could ever have wished for... at the end of the month, we actually have savings!!!

Thanks for understanding Red! One tends to forget that all off you guys that is in Oz now just went through the same waiting process. But I'm so wrapped up in my own emotions! It makes me feel kinda selfish! :ilikeit: Thanks for the reply!!

Hi Jenny

Found your post so true and scary, at the same time. Thank you for your honesty, I am sure you already feel better after voicing your hart's issues.

You and only you and Hubby can make this choice yourself. Keep praying and comunicating with one another and in the end the right answer will come!

We will always be here for you!

Stranded

Hi Stranded! Yeah, I'm glad I was able to say what is going on in my mind and heart and what a better place to do it than on this forum! :ilikeit: One good thing about this whole immigration process is that the great Lord keep us on our knees :whome:

We all have ups and downs, dont give up now!!!

Get PR then come check it out, then decide!

We all have our comfort zones, and making this type of decision and /or move is obviously "uncomfortable"

keep the faith :ilikeit:

gr8xpectations

Think that is exactly what it is - COMFORT ZONE!

As determined as I am to be in Oz, every other day I have doubts. 12 years ago we wanted to immigrate and put it off because we were in a comfort zone and were making money . Now we are much older, my husband is 50 and my children are grown up but we are doing it now, now age is not on our side, be that as it may I know we will do just fine. My point is that once you have the want to immigrate and look for something more challenging, safer, or whatever, you will always have that feeling and it will rear its head again, go and see Oz and then very carefuly make your decision.