457 Must read!

Mara

Someone else listed this article, but I thought it so important and such valuable information that it needed to find a place of it's own and be pinned!

http://www.sabona.com.au/articles_detail.e...etail.ewdid=273

Thank you Mara

You are a real star for sharing this- I thought I was fairly clued up with regard to the 457 visa, but this info is priceless.

At least we have some rights.

Excellent info, I wonder how many people have been retrenched and just left the country without trying any of these things to stay???

Wow, you really have a lot of options to at least postpone the cancellation. I suspect a lot of people would be able to find work if given an extra month or two

Thanks Mara!

It's good to know that there are a few avenues you can try if the dreaded "R" word appears.

This could be a "life saver" for some!

Wow. I didn't know this at all.

457 holders have rights after all!

Thank you so much for posting this!

Someone else listed this article, but I thought it so important and such valuable information that it needed to find a place of it's own and be pinned!

http://www.sabona.com.au/articles_detail.e...etail.ewdid=273

Hi Mara

Thanks about this info. Can you tell me if you have anything about been retrenced just after ones pr is approved? :rolleyes:

Thanks

Hi KZN Ozzie

What information after PR are you actually after? Your employment rights?

• 2 weeks later...

Mara, just wanted to say firstly thank you and the other Hosts for all the info you have provided. It has been an invaluable help. I don't know if you can answer this, but if we recieve DIAC approval for our 475 state sponsorship, and then get a 457 work permit, do we have to cancel the 475 or will it naturally lapse? And for those people that had to go over to do an interview with a company on a 457, must you be honest about the reason for your visit to Aus at customs if asked or do you go as a tourist. Just asking this, cos I was thinking of taking all my forms and supporting docs with over there - so that if successful I can immediately hand over the docs to speed things up? But if I am 'bust' at customs with this on a tourist visa, it could be really, shall we say... awkward. :hug: :

Hi Tennantrodney

Sorry, I have been here far too long and am not that clued up on the ramifications of moving from one visa to another. I suggest you PM anyone of the following on this website, they are registered migration agents and will point you in the right direction.

"customeyes" or "fiona"

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Please find interesting info regarding changes to the 457 visas on www.immi.gov.au. The link below will take you directly to the info.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-wor...ges-eng-req.htm

Good Luck