New Timelines

PEfamily

buzzbee under the current circumstances and changes to the processing priorities I would not go for a 175. A sponsored Visa is the only way to go, for now. The fact is circumstances will change, no-one knows when, it could take 6 months it could take 2 years. Bottomline, for now do not pursue 175.

Edited by PEfamily

buzzbee under the current circumstances and changes to the processing priorities I would not go for a 175. A sponsored Visa is the only way to go, for now. The fact is circumstances will change, no-one knows when, it could take 6 months it could take 2 years. Bottomline, for now do not pursue 175.

I don't agree with your comments at all!! Everyone is currently speculating and making baseless assumptions on the new time lines without solid facts and based on some threads, purely been led by their emotions! Assumptions is the mother of all &^%$ups!

I'm still going 175. I prefer riding the Economic Crisis wave here secure in my job (husband too) so the added waiting period might be positive because hopefully by 2010 things will look better economically and we will have better luck with jobs ect. in Australia and not be constantly worried about being fired (sorry, layed off). We also don't have to scramble with house-selling ect.

Being in "recession" with a low petrol price isn't too bad.

Sorry, I'm a little off topic. I still think you must do everything with your UK passport....

I don't agree with your comments at all!! Everyone is currently speculating and making baseless assumptions on the new time lines without solid facts and based on some threads, purely been led by their emotions! Assumptions is the mother of all &^%$ups!

Jaques and Natalie, I spent, and still spend much time researching this matter as this of course is the crux of whether we get to aus or not and how soon. No doubt the reason for your heated response. There are very strong indications from diac that support my position. The fact is if you read all the material available, and there is quite a bit, ANY non-sponsored visa will not get to the que of processing, untill the previous priority, i.e. sponsored visas, are first dealt with.

I am sorry if I upset you. Not my intent. Please contact me if you need the info that I base my opinion on.

I am going on 175. I am on the CSL. I was actually ecstatic when they changed the rules. Thought mine will go quicker now. Our final application will be lodged within the next 20 days. It is already with the agents.

Now I feel like I am fooling myself if I read the comments from PEfamily. :(

I am going on 175. I am on the CSL. I was actually ecstatic when they changed the rules. Thought mine will go quicker now. Our final application will be lodged within the next 20 days. It is already with the agents.

werner die feit is dat 175 is, in beginsel, nie nou hoog op die prioriteits lys nie. Alhoewel hulle nie die totale begrote syfers van GSM visas verlaag het nie, se hulle in soveel woorde dat hulle probeer die syfers beperk met sekere matreels, met onder andere die prioriteite. Ek sal die artikels soek en post hier. Hier is solank iets om te lees.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-ski...ion/pdf/faq.pdf

Artikel oor minister die stellings oor die nuwe prioriteite:

Despite the global financial crisis, Australia's Immigration Minister Chris Evans has indicated that he expects only modest cuts in next years migrant intake program which is currently at an all time high, with Australia taking more than 200 000 new immigrants per year.

Whilst Senator Evans admitted that a small reduction to the skilled migrant quota was still "more likely than not", he was very conscious of the damage that could be done to Australia's image as a result of a 'knee jerk reaction.'

The president of the Australian Chamber of Commerce, Peter Anderson, agreed that sudden changes in the migrant program could damage the country's migrant-friendly reputation and warned that any cut would impact the productive capacity of the economy at a time when that capacity was most needed.

"What business has been very clear about is that you shouldn't overreact," Senator Evans said.

"There's no doubt in my view that there's a strong link between the economic cycle and people's attitude towards immigration," he said.

Australian Industry Group chief executive Heather Ridout said 'We'd be disappointed if there was anything other than a shallow cut,' adding that 'a deep cut would be about politics, not about policy.'

She pointed out that the time taken fo assimilate migrants into the economy was years, not months, meaning impulsive cuts to the quota might not be felt until well after the present crisis had passed.

She said the longer-term outlook for the Australian economy - with an ageing population and a generation of Baby Boomers set to retire - was that migrants would be required en masse.

Edited by PEfamily

Australian business wants no changes to immigration

15/12/2008 by Gareth McConnell

The Australian Chamber of Commerce is calling on Immigration Minister Chris Evans not to cut Australian immigration numbers.

Since the global credit crisis began, Senator Evans has been consulting with business organisations around the country to determine if the Australian visa program should be cut.

Peter Anderson, chief executive of the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry says the Federal government needs to play the long game.

"Even though we are going through a slower period of economic growth it's likely we're not going to be able to make any major changes to our migration program without adversely affecting our economic activity," he said.

"Skilled migrants add value to the Australian economy."

werner die feit is dat 175 is, in beginsel, nie nou hoog op die prioriteits lys nie. Alhoewel hulle nie die totale begrote syfers van GSM visas verlaag het nie, se hulle in soveel woorde dat hulle probeer die syfers beperk met sekere matreels, met onder andere die prioriteite. Ek sal die artikels soek en post hier. Hier is solank iets om te lees.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-ski...ion/pdf/faq.pdf

Artikel oor minister die stellings oor die nuwe prioriteite:

Despite the global financial crisis, Australia's Immigration Minister Chris Evans has indicated that he expects only modest cuts in next years migrant intake program which is currently at an all time high, with Australia taking more than 200 000 new immigrants per year.

Whilst Senator Evans admitted that a small reduction to the skilled migrant quota was still "more likely than not", he was very conscious of the damage that could be done to Australia's image as a result of a 'knee jerk reaction.'

The president of the Australian Chamber of Commerce, Peter Anderson, agreed that sudden changes in the migrant program could damage the country's migrant-friendly reputation and warned that any cut would impact the productive capacity of the economy at a time when that capacity was most needed.

"What business has been very clear about is that you shouldn't overreact," Senator Evans said.

"There's no doubt in my view that there's a strong link between the economic cycle and people's attitude towards immigration," he said.

Australian Industry Group chief executive Heather Ridout said 'We'd be disappointed if there was anything other than a shallow cut,' adding that 'a deep cut would be about politics, not about policy.'

She pointed out that the time taken fo assimilate migrants into the economy was years, not months, meaning impulsive cuts to the quota might not be felt until well after the present crisis had passed.

She said the longer-term outlook for the Australian economy - with an ageing population and a generation of Baby Boomers set to retire - was that migrants would be required en masse.

... the point is that 175 (csl) is now higher on the priority list than before. I used to be below MODL, now I am above it.

Werner read this and decide for yourself what the implications are. A 175 by defintion is not sponsored, so I don't understand why its in that list. I personally believe the 175 is erroneous in that list and misleading.

Am battling to find an article I read last week about this (will keep looking and post when I find), but the bottomline is that they will as priority process visa that are sponsored, in other words, some business or some state through their sponsorship says we want this person. They also make the point that there have been up to 10 000 professionals in the system such as doctors that have been waiting up to a year to be processed that will now be processes to address specific skills requirments. This is of course as opposed to giving people an open visa based on your skills, trusting that they will find employment in Aus, i.e. the 175. They are also focusiing on the PR visas for now. I have include some other articles just to give a balanced view which shows that he business community wants no cuts in immigration. The minister has agreed to not cut the numbers, for now.

A very important point in my opion is that they say that this for applications before and after 1 Jan 2009 (see below that which I pasted). The impact thereof is that even if you have been in the que for a year, on say a 175, and you were about to be allocated a CO, you would simply drop down the priority list. The only exception as per their statement is for those that have already been allocated a CO.

so.....

ASPC APPLICATION ALLOCATION INFORMATION

On 17 December 2008 the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship announced

changes to the way General Skilled Migration applications will be allocated

and processed. Details can be found on the DIAC website at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...hats-new.htm#j

As a result of this announcement from 1 January 2009 applications for

General Skilled Migration will be strictly allocated and processed in the

following priority order:

1. Applications with a successful State & Territory Nomination (until

all applications have been allocated); and then

2. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Critical

Skills List (until all applications have been allocated); then

3. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Migration

Occupations in Demand List (until all applications have been allocated);

then

4. All other remaining applications

This affects all applications lodged before and after 1 January 2009, both

paper lodged or electronically lodged. Applications which were already

allocated to case officers before 1 January 2009 are un-affected and will

be processed as usual to finalization.

Applications are now being allocated as follows:

State & Territory Nominated Applications:

Subclass 134, 136, 137, 175, 176, 475, 487, 495, 885 and 886 applications

(where a successful State or Territory Nomination is held) will all be

allocated to case officers for assessment by 13 February 2009.

Applications with Occupations on the Critical Skills List:

Applications are not being allocated at present

Applications with Occupations on the Migration Occupations in Demand List:

All Other Remaining Applications

Werner read this and decide for yourself what the implications are. A 175 by defintion is not sponsored, so I don't understand why its in that list. I personally believe the 175 is erroneous in that list and misleading.

Am battling to find an article I read last week about this (will keep looking and post when I find), but the bottomline is that they will as priority process visa that are sponsored, in other words, some business or some state through their sponsorship says we want this person. They also make the point that there have been up to 10 000 professionals in the system such as doctors that have been waiting up to a year to be processed that will now be processes to address specific skills requirments. This is of course as opposed to giving people an open visa based on your skills, trusting that they will find employment in Aus, i.e. the 175. They are also focusiing on the PR visas for now. I have include some other articles just to give a balanced view which shows that he business community wants no cuts in immigration. The minister has agreed to not cut the numbers, for now.

A very important point in my opion is that they say that this for applications before and after 1 Jan 2009 (see below that which I pasted). The impact thereof is that even if you have been in the que for a year, on say a 175, and you were about to be allocated a CO, you would simply drop down the priority list. The only exception as per their statement is for those that have already been allocated a CO.

so.....

ASPC APPLICATION ALLOCATION INFORMATION

On 17 December 2008 the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship announced

changes to the way General Skilled Migration applications will be allocated

and processed. Details can be found on the DIAC website at:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...hats-new.htm#j

As a result of this announcement from 1 January 2009 applications for

General Skilled Migration will be strictly allocated and processed in the

following priority order:

1. Applications with a successful State & Territory Nomination (until

all applications have been allocated); and then

2. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Critical

Skills List (until all applications have been allocated); then

3. Applications where the nominated occupation is on the Migration

Occupations in Demand List (until all applications have been allocated);

then

4. All other remaining applications

This affects all applications lodged before and after 1 January 2009, both

paper lodged or electronically lodged. Applications which were already

allocated to case officers before 1 January 2009 are un-affected and will

be processed as usual to finalization.

Applications are now being allocated as follows:

State & Territory Nominated Applications:

Subclass 134, 136, 137, 175, 176, 475, 487, 495, 885 and 886 applications

(where a successful State or Territory Nomination is held) will all be

allocated to case officers for assessment by 13 February 2009.

Applications with Occupations on the Critical Skills List:

Applications with Occupations on the Migration Occupations in Demand List:

All Other Remaining Applications

YES! I am first in line after 13 Feb. Whoooohoooo!

I thought I would feel lucky if I get CO by Dec 2009. Things are looking up, up up!

... the point is that 175 (csl) is now higher on the priority list than before. I used to be below MODL, now I am above it.

That may be, but there has been a mayor shift. Previously it was processed more or less "first in first out", and the time frame was sort of predicatable. 10 months until into dec 2008.

Now however, now matter how early ypur vis came in before, or is going to come in the future, if it is not the correct priority visa class, and while there are pririty visas still in the que, your non-priority visa will simply not make it to the front of the que.

The only hope you have is that the priorities are processed quick enough so that they can get to the lower priorities. But in the meantime people will change what visa the pursue, and chances are they keep on jumping the que ahead of you.

All of this is purely my opinion, but I believe the material that is available supports the position. What we think matters squat in any event. It only helps us for our peace of mind, and whether we're anxious or not.

YES! I am first in line after 13 Feb. Whoooohoooo!

I thought I would feel lucky if I get CO by Dec 2009. Things are looking up, up up!

Just joking. I see now that it could take another 2 years or more. No less. No problem. I was just promoted to a fantastic position. Need the experience and then I shall concur Aus.

Just joking. I see now that it could take another 2 years or more. No less. No problem. I was just promoted to a fantastic position. Need the experience and then I shall concur Aus.

I hope you are right and I am wrong. Good luck.

The sponsored visas have always jumped the queue. I see the creation of CSL as the only change to policy. It could be that they are taking the 175 COs away to also work on the 457s. Now that would be a total different story and good reason to get depressed?

Yes for many of us it's still unclear on how all this will play out. I would say if you can go on 176 SS, then go for it. If you can go on 175 CSL or 175 MODL, then go for it. If you can go on 175 non-MODL, go for it. Go get my point? Each one has advantages and disadvantages.

I honestly think 175 CSL and 175 MODL are the 'most suitable' options for most conditions as you're not restricted to any state and/or territory and are not reliant on any sponsor, yet it should likely progress faster than 175 non-MODL, but at the same time perhaps give a bit more time to sort things out here in SA, if necessary. Let's just hope that they don't cut back on 175 non-MODL applications or delay them excessively for some reason.

Personally, I could've gone on 176 SS or 175 CSL but was unaware, like many others, on the pending changes. If vanilla 175 takes too long, we can probably just try our luck on 457, hopefully all of this doesn't turn out to be a big deal after all.

Please see here:

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=21068&hl=

I just realized I can easily get state sponsorship. Why did my agents not advise me about this!!!!??? Why do I pay them so much money!!!???... for nothing

I wonder what the financial applications will be at this late stage. I have not paid the final payment just before the VISA application. Maybe there is hope. I dont care if I cannot travel to anywhere else in Australia. I hate traveling. I also stick to one job. I have been in the same job for the past 12 years. My only job so far.

Please see here:

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php?showtopic=21068&hl=

I just realized I can easily get state sponsorship. Why did my agents not advise me about this!!!!??? Why do I pay them so much money!!!???... for nothing

I wonder what the financial applications will be at this late stage. I have not paid the final payment just before the VISA application. Maybe there is hope. I dont care if I cannot travel to anywhere else in Australia. I hate traveling. I also stick to one job. I have been in the same job for the past 12 years. My only job so far.

I have had family get into Aus with a bad agent. They got in, but could have gotten in on PR as opposed to temp visa. Now they must still go through the whole process of getting PR. A bad agent is a liability, and a risk. fire him, demand your money back and find a good agent. It is worth the money.

Well our 175 should be lodged this week sometime. Ons it's way to our agent's offices in Australia. And I'm telling you now, if we have a case officer on 13 Feb I will just totally &^%^&& myself!!!!!! You will hear me scream.....BUT can you imagine the flooding of police offices and doctors to have that done in a rush!! Luckily you have a year from your date of medicals before you need to validate! So you'll still have time to plan, pack up etc, BUT you are sitting with the golden ticket! We have in the mean time applied to ACT for sponsorship - the only state my husband is on for sponsorhip. I got such a fright after they slashed Victorias list!! How long before the rest follow! So if we get approval, we'll take it from there. If not allocated a case officer by then (after 13 Feb) then we'll just switch to 176 (if it is actually quicker). The approval from ACT takes 30 working days so we should have a good idea what's going on by the time that comes in. It is $275. Not sure , it might be different for each state/Teritory. I don't think our agents charge a fee - they sent an invoice to my husband this morning, and it was only for the $275. This is just our scenario....

Original post removed: the information I gave was inaccurate. So, rather than confuse anyone, I thought I'd just remove what I wrote.

Edited by Pygmalion

No, I'm just saying because for some or other reason the 175 subclass is included in their "allocating CO's by 13 FEB" list......Nobody knows why or if it's a mistake. But I'm sure if if's a mistake they would have issued a statement by now?.....We'll all just have to wait and see - happy valentine's day....

Original post removed: the information I gave was inaccurate. So, rather than confuse anyone, I thought I'd just remove what I wrote.

Edited by Pygmalion

This does not make sense............

The way I read it is that after 13 Feb, they are going to start processing 175 CSL applications............ right ?

And then MODL and then...non MODL, so If you send in your 457 after 13 Feb, you going to wait till all 175 CSL, 175 MODL and 175 non-MODL applications has been processed before they get to the top again :ilikeit::blink:;):blink:

So much for priority :blink:

Yes, but that statement is further qualified with the statement in brackets which reads, where a successful State or Territory Nomination

is held. In other words, you can lodge a 175 skilled-independent visa WITH state sponsorship. Such sponsorship is obtained prior to lodgment of the visa. You'd then include the sponsorship in your application for the 175 visa.

But that's a 176.....

Edited by Pygmalion

I didn't know that that is an option? Which one do they approve then. Here you are sitting with a state sponsorship - they gave you a sponsorship, you got a "spot" and someone else that actually wants to use the state sponsorship didn't? - but you are not going to use it because you are not applying for a 176? I can't see how that can benefit you if you apply for a 175? Then clearly you don't know what your intentions are? And you are confusing them and "abusing" your given state sponsorship. Surely you must choose one? Doesn't make sense to me at all. As I said, we'll all just have to wait and see what ACTUALLY happens..... I really hope there is no one doing this, because you will take an opportunity await from someone that would actually "use" the sponsorship (after they reached their cut-off)?...Am I misunderstanding something?...