Moms who want to work from home

polly

Between posting and reading on this forum, what time could you possibly have left during the day?

Edited by Terence.H

Join the club.... hahahahaha

I am also job hunting but can only start when both kids go to school next year. Does need to work but want to work other wise we are never taking that holiday to Fiji....

Hey Polly

You get really buff upper arms from packing shelves!

Think of it as a work-out you get paid for.

I'm quite keen, but hubby feels I'm not using my talents doing that. Got a degree in software engineering, so hopefully I will get something IT-related. Going to give it a go at least. If all else fails, I can pack shelves or work at Hungry Jacks (got a flyer that says they need people and are very flexible with hours). :blink:

Good luck with that Polly

You would get a lot more satisfaction doing something you enjoy, I have no doubt you will get fixed up soon.

When we first arrived in Perth I did some shelf packing and the extra money was a godsend.

A very good Australian friend steered me away from working at the well known take away places as they mostly employ teen labour because they can pay them less, primarily on a casual basis so they can phone you an hour before shift and ask you to come in, if you refuse you get less shifts - her opinion as the mother of teenage children.

My friend advised looking for a permanent part-time job at a supermarket, you have a regular roster, essential when you have kids, the money is a bit better and you get the little perks like paid leave etc.

In the end though it is just so nice to be able to get these little "extra income" jobs to help fund Christmas or that lovely overseas holiday!

All the best in your quest

Thanks a lot for the tips! :blink: Very helpful. Sent applications in for a few positions, but will start serious hunting in the new year. A bit quiet over the Christmas season.

Started my casual job about 2 months back and was enjoying the extra money it brought in. Next week I have 40 hours!!!! EEEKKKK! It's all nightshift, but really good for just before Christmas. Next week I'll bring home more than hubby.

Initially I thought it was going to be a meanial little job and I'd not be utilizing my qualification. Just took it for the extra cash. Now turns out they want me to do online studies next year etc etc and it's actually quite an upcoming area in healthcare (sleep disorders).

Now if I could just get them to give me a day position. Feel like I'm giving myself my own set of sleep disorders at the moment :blink:

Candice

I was very bored sitting at home, no kids and nothing to do. So I desided to deliver pamphlets in the area for some extra cash and in the same time get same very much needed excersise!! Yesterday I got the offer of a contract to become this company's distributor!!! And to think I never would have thought to do such a "low class job" in SA. And now I am starting my own business. Just showing that if you want to work, there is work and you can make it work for you!!

They are always advertising for reliable "walkers" in our area to deliver pamphlets. I see lots of ladies, wearing their shorts and takkies (joggers) getting paid for exercising basically. I was thinking of it, but would have had to drag the son along kicking and screaming.

Sounds like a fine idea to me. How often do you have to do it per week and how many pamphlets at a time? Do you have to keep going home to get more?

• 1 month later...

I found more sites, if anyone is interested:

Links to a variety of sites

http://www.worldwideworkathome.com/australia/

Two career sites

http://www.workathomemums.com.au/wahm_jobs...m_home_vic.html

http://www.careermums.com.au/index.php

Swapping services / items for services/items

http://www.mumswap.com.au/index.asp

100 Best Work At home sites: also includeds websites of moms working at home / selling products from home, so you could advertise here.

http://aussiewahm.gotop100.com/index2.html

Edited by polly

It all depends on how many you deliver and in which area, but on average you will make between $150 $300 a week.

Damn, and here I am PAYING to go to gym!?! Would much rather be paid to "walk the neighbourhood", which I do almost every day anyway!

zorba