Can we make an Index of who lives in which area ?

Shelly

Hi there

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I thought it might be useful -

Is it possible to make a new section on the Forum ?

I was wondering if we could make an Index with all the names of the towns and places in alphabetical order.

The people on the Forum - ( only those who are interested ) - could add their name under the town / area that they are living in.

When new people come onto the Forum, it would be easier for them to look up who lives in that particular area where they are going - to make it easier to contact them for info.

I am happy to help anyone coming to Cairns.

I just thought it might make it easier for new people to find us.

Those who are not interested, do not have to add their names.

- just a thought.

Hi there

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I thought it might be useful -

Is it possible to make a new section on the Forum ?

I was wondering if we could make an Index with all the names of the towns and places in alphabetical order.

The people on the Forum - ( only those who are interested ) - could add their name under the town / area that they are living in.

When new people come onto the Forum, it would be easier for them to look up who lives in that particular area where they are going - to make it easier to contact them for info.

I am happy to help anyone coming to Cairns.

I just thought it might make it easier for new people to find us.

Those who are not interested, do not have to add their names.

- just a thought.

Good one shelly. why didn't anyone think of this before? it would make life so much easier :rolleyes: .

OK Shelly

If you start a new topic under the Commonities section of the Forum I'll make sure it gets pinned and then more people can add their names or start their own thread for their own towns / cities......

Good idea, I think, but Cindylou I think it would actually have to be in the form of a spreadsheet, otherwise you will eventually be paging through pages of messages, trying to find somebody in your town or suburb. Not sure how this could be done, but Riekie may know, she keeps the spreadsheet (or used to) for the time-lines.

We could put the spreadsheet up as an attachment in the message, but I think whoever puts it up will have to take the responsibility of updating it all the time, and, as only hosts have access to past threads, it would have to be one of us.

By all means guys, if I am wrong please correct me.

What I had in mind, Mara, was under the Communities section we could have a thread "Saffers in (insert your town/city here)" for each city / town that has residents who want to list themselves...... The threads could then be pinned at the top of each subforum (for those cities that have one) or at the top of the Communities sub forum for the smaller towns.

I'll start one for Perth and see if that works......

No problem Cindylou, we will see how it goes!

This is a really good idea and will encourage networking. I will look out for it although it will be a while before i can add my name ;)

Al

Great idea, I am for this.

Cindylou, sorry man I must still get numbers to you on all the SA professionals we have in Perth that I have in my telephone book..... apologies, will get it off soon.

Maybe as well any of the Perth people who are going to Enrica's braai at Trigg Beach can get numbers in the meantime from me.

Cheers

Kathy

Nice idea - will be interesting to see ...................shout if you need any help !

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea - it is very difficult to find a location that "fits".....especially when you have kids and you need to make the RIGHT decision with as few changes in schooling as possible. Kids need stability.

I'll take a peak.....

Cheers

Nix

I have added myself on as well on the Map, I wonder where all the ex SA Perthonians are, don't see many there.......