Business Visa (163) Choice of business

Wannago

Going to Brisbane soon on a 163 (Queensland sponsored). Question I have is, I did my business plan and cash flow forecasts based on a specific business, but the wording of the letter of approval seems to indicate that with this visa one is free to start or buy any business, as long as it will meet the requirements. Is this the case? Can I purchase a business that may be totally different from the one used in my proposal?

Going to Brisbane soon on a 163 (Queensland sponsored). Question I have is, I did my business plan and cash flow forecasts based on a specific business, but the wording of the letter of approval seems to indicate that with this visa one is free to start or buy any business, as long as it will meet the requirements. Is this the case? Can I purchase a business that may be totally different from the one used in my proposal?

Yes, you can purchase any other business. The reason for the business plan etc is for them to judge and determine your business accumen.

Ditto to that.....a lot of people buy a coffee shop or similar just to live up to their requirements until they can qualify for PR !

Great! Thanks guys. That confirms what I thought ws the case. Now to find a good business!!!! Maybe I should go onto that thread of the guys who are coming back to SA and see if any of them are selling a business :ilikeit:

Great! Thanks guys. That confirms what I thought ws the case. Now to find a good business!!!! Maybe I should go onto that thread of the guys who are coming back to SA and see if any of them are selling a business :rolleyes:

Not a good idea Alan! :blush::rolleyes:

Enjoy!

Manny

Edited by MannyT

• 2 months later...

Hi Wannago,

Please if you don't mind, will you please send/forward me a copy of your business plan package as I need to have one done for my business visa application.

Hope you can help me,

Cheers

Diets

Hi there - can you tell me if you applied for the 163 Business visa through an agency? We are about to take this step as we've decided to go???

Hi

Me too please- could you send me the same as requested above by Diets

Please could you PM me.

Thanks

Brenda

pm me. Can put you in contact with South African Business Broker here in Brisbane/Gold Coast