• 6-8 weeks
    • 8-12 weeks
    • 12-16 weeks
    • More
    • N/A not approved yet

Hi

I just quickly would like a overview of how long 457 visa's take in general

Thanks

(Oh this is my first poll so sorry if it's broken)

Edited by San

Hi

The only reason that mine took longer (10weeks) i because we had to apply for 3 passports (we only did this a week before the job offer) and because my sons unabridged birth certificate took much longer then we were originally told. After we supplied them with the birth cert it took 2 days. All in all we got the job at the beginning of sept and landed 17th Nov

Candice

Ours took 6 months. Agents told us we were a cut and sealed case and to expect 6-8 weeks. Apparently we underwent integrity checks by the Dept of Immigration, but to this day don't know why or what or even if anything was checked (no one contacted SA employers etc like other people who have had checks). Was a very stressful time, especially since we had moved out of our home and sold most of our belongings, resigned etc around the 8 week mark.

Candice

Ours took 6 months because the employer applied for sponsorship and nomination manually first, and then my visa application took 8 weeks. If they had done it online at the same time as my visa application, it would probably have only taken 8-12 weeks

ours was basically cut and dried as well, and then at last minute they asked for husbands divorce papers, which of course are in afrikaans, had to get a translator...more money more time!!!they will only get it tomorrow or so, so not very happy with agent..surely he must have known it was needed?? he asked for mine ages ago...

so if not for this, the case officer said it would have been approved within a week...now we going past a week...darn!!!

and still waiting...

Our application ran from 1 February to 18 June. Once the application was lodged in the Melbourne office it took 8 working days for our visas. The time rest of the time was consumed with all the efficiant and very quick service of South African Home Affares and the speed police criminal record centre. :unsure:

Martin

We applied end of March 2007 and got approval in April 2008 - a whole 13 months! In August 2007, due to a death in the family, we advised all parties concerned, including Immigration to withdraw the application. We never heard from anyone until we got an email early in May advising that the visa had been approved.

Have absolutely no idea what the delay was or why it was not withdrawn as instructed. Imagine our shock...we thought it had been put to bed. Now decisions..decisions..decisions.

Jill

We applied end of March 2007 and got approval in April 2008 - a whole 13 months! In August 2007, due to a death in the family, we advised all parties concerned, including Immigration to withdraw the application. We never heard from anyone until we got an email early in May advising that the visa had been approved.

Have absolutely no idea what the delay was or why it was not withdrawn as instructed. Imagine our shock...we thought it had been put to bed. Now decisions..decisions..decisions.

Jill

Sounds like the decision was made FOR you ! Like you're still supposed to go - at least consider it ! Nothing happens without reason.