On the topic of Dirty Grout........

Riekie

Seeing as most of us have to do the cleaning and scrubbing ourselves, a tip from ASP on how to clean grout prompted me to start this thread. So all you "desperate housewives" out there, how DO you get it all clean? Please share your tips!!

I'll start off with ASP's Grout Cleaner: CLR (Calcium, Lime & Rust)

and will add my own precious discoveries:

Exit Mould & BAM - no better way to clean your showers & bathrooms!

Guest Jules

I like using Ajax Professional Mould Remover for the showers and I use Shower Sparkle after every shower to keep it clean in between. Speaking of showers, cleaning them is for me the absolute worst job as far as housework is concerned :whome:

As for grouting, I have the South African grouting in my tiles, the one that doesn't need cleaning ;)B)

Julie :)

My "worst" is cleaning the oven.... Here in Abu Dhabi I have found a wonderful thing called SMAC and it gets greasy marks off the oven pronto. I hope its available in Oz!

As for grouting, I have the South African grouting in my tiles, the one that doesn't need cleaning ;)B) Julie :)

Good on ya Julie - you've trained your grouting well....... :whome:

gotta add my 5c to this ... our "secret" to clean grouting is to use a "transparent grouting sealer" which can be purchased at good tile outlets & applied when the grouting is done or after a thorough cleaning (those steamer thingys you see advertised via mail order co's work well) & drying then all you need is a wipe with a wet cloth but a plain tile cleaner ussually has some antiseptic qualities

"cleanone" :whome:

oh ja nearly forgot a little bit of "elbow grease" works wonders !

Edited by Barnone

Hi Barnone,

When you get here, you must please give us your number, so that you can come and demonstrate that thing you call elbow grease.... can you buy it in a shop? :whome:

Greetings,

Dreamy

Eeeesh Eve I really need some help.

I left one of those silver wirey things (pot scrubbing thing) in my sink the other day and now I have little rust marks all over, how do you get rid of that or should I just get some silvo and polish the sink before we move out.

Thanks

Madam

Uuuuuuhhhhmmmm, is this a bad time for me to admit that I don't even know what grouting is, never mind noticing whether or not it is dirty :blush::blush: But, if I have it (that makes it sound like a STD :lol::lol: ), I'm pretty sure that it's the clean kind though :holy::D

Happy House Cleaning, y'all :ilikeit:

Ajay

Eeeiiissshhh Medem...

Try CLR....or maybe just normal bleach?

Also Ajay... :blush: ermmm.... what you dont know cant hurt you??? hehehe or is it if you dont have something you wont miss it?....I am sure yours is very clean or you would have noticed... :ilikeit:

Eve

Uuuuuuhhhhmmmm, is this a bad time for me to admit that I don't even know what grouting is, never mind noticing whether or not it is dirty :ilikeit::blush: But, if I have it (that makes it sound like a STD :holy::lol: ), I'm pretty sure that it's the clean kind though :blush::D

LOL Ajay, grouting is that black, slimy, crusty, caked, crumb-and-fluff filled area between the tiles :lol:

Guest boeta

LOL Ajay, grouting is that black, slimy, crusty, caked, crumb-and-fluff filled area between the tiles uote]

AG NEE LADIES ,GAAN KOOP NET N GROUT PEN BY DIE HARDWARE ,DAN KLEUR JULLE NET N BIETJIE IN TUSSEN DIE TEELS DIS DIE MAKLIKSTE :ilikeit::blush:

EK GRAP NIE :blush: WERK SOOS N BOM

REGARDS BOETA

Edited by boeta

Hehehehe julle klomp ... :holy: Ek dink my bottel Ajax Spray 'n Wipe het al aan my hand vasgegroei .... ek gebruik dit vir alles! :blush: Wat die grouting aanbetref - ek wens die onderwerp het nooit aan die lig gekom nie ... toe moes ek mos vanoggend die grouting so beloer van naby terwyl ek in die bad lê .... :ilikeit: waarskynlik nie so wit soos dit moet wees nie .... :blush:

Hehehehe julle klomp ... :wacko: Ek dink my bottel Ajax Spray 'n Wipe het al aan my hand vasgegroei .... ek gebruik dit vir alles! :magic: Wat die grouting aanbetref - ek wens die onderwerp het nooit aan die lig gekom nie ... toe moes ek mos vanoggend die grouting so beloer van naby terwyl ek in die bad lê .... :ilikeit: waarskynlik nie so wit soos dit moet wees nie .... :)

Gie gie..ek moet bieg dat my vriendin vir n week in my huis gelby het voor hulle Townsville toe is..(ons was Perth toe vir die week) en toe bel sy my en se dat sy my grout skoongekry het met CLR... :ilikeit: Dis hoekom ek so lekker lag vir die onderwerp...

• 4 months later...

SA 2 AUZ

eK IS NOG HIER IN SUID AFRIKA SO EK WEET NIE OF JULLE DIE PRODUK DAAR KRY NIE, MAAR CHEMICO DIE PIENK POTJIE NIE DIE EEN WAT SOOS HANDY ANDY LYK NIE, DIE EEN WAT 'N SOORT VAN PASTA IS WAT LEKKER SKUUR, BEHOORT TE WERK MET DIE ROES MERKE IN DIE KOMBUIS WASBAK. MAAR DALK HET JY AL REG GEKOM

GROETE

ANIENA

NS. KAN MENS SULKE GOED IN JOU CONTAINER PAK ? wONDER NET ?