10 days in Melbourne - impressions etc

EmNew

Wow...Em sounds fantastic!

So happy that you guys seem to be settling so well!

Thanks for all the info....will be sure to keep the relevant bits in my memory bank for our landing in Dec!

• Like 1

Wow, just wow!!!
It sounds like the kind of landing we would really love to have! I'm very impressed with the quick job for your husband. Maybe impressed is the wrong word, I just mean it's fantastic for you guys to already have one income in $ sorted out, so quickly!

Good luck with house/flat finding, and I hope you enjoy your new freedom and the little adventures of discovering your city.

*Panda's cheering you on, all the way!!!* :ilikeit:

Ps. Please keep sharing, even if you have downs too. I really enjoy reading about the people who settle in Melbourne, because I can't wait to join you!

• Like 1

Em, go to the chemist and get Claratyn (spelling?) a hayfever tablet, take in the morning. Do not take a second one, bad for your liver or something. You can however overlap by using a nasal spray over the top. This will be something like Beconase. If your eyes are affected, you could overlap with a hayfever eye drop, if needed. But, you probably wont need the whole arsenal.

• Like 1

EmNew lovely reading your post and really blessings have been showered upon you. What line of work is hubby in? Bit of a relief not to hear you complaining about weather yet...:) im a bit nervous after hearing some of the feedback although definitely like all viewpoints and realise its personal choice at the end of the day. Its early days for us as we only lodged an EOI with 65 points but we shall see

look forward to more updates and tips

• Like 1

Great news Em, glad you guys are off to a rocking start.

• Like 1

May the blessings continue to rain down on you!

Take care,

Carla

For hayfever - I find I sleep much better and wake up without a sinus headache if I run an air filter in the room over night. I bought this one - http://www.echolife.com.au/products/vornado-ac-500-hepa-air-purifier.html?dfw_tracker=10639-1149-0001&gclid=CM-21sOjscgCFUcJvAod7WUJ1A, it filters the air really well but I can't really recommend it because it's really noisy.

If you get one that is quieter but still has a HEPA filter, you'll find you sleep much better and are less affected by the nasties in the air in spring :)

• Like 1

Where are you staying? We are coming in January and cant anything "cheap" for those first 1 or 2 weeks until a rental can be acquired. Stressing about it.

Wowwww that sounds the perfect welcoming to Aus :king:

Sounds like how I am imagining our arrival in Sydney....whenever that may be. Wishing you guys the best of luck for anything on your new journey. Will love to read updates

Mel-B, try AirBnb, they have some nice tools on their site to help you with price and location combinations. We're using them for the first 3 months, since they also have 'long stay' prices.

• Like 1

Thanks RedPanda. :) Enjoy falling in love with that amazing city! Its been a year since we visited Melbourne and I honestly can't wait to go back. Was the most laid back city I have ever been to.

• Like 1

Sorry Mel-B, but I can't give advice re pre rental accommodation ....one of our other Blessings, the biggest of all, is that friends already here kindly offered us space in their house while we find our feet.

Thanks for the advice re hay fever remedies, Donovan83 and rozzellum , greatly appreciated

• Like 1

Hi EmNew,

So happy to hear that everything is going smoothly for the most part. Thank you for posting whilst your world is a little topsy turvy.

All the best wishes for a smooth settle. XX

• Like 1