6 Months in and loving "The Queen's Land" - Just saying...

KalahariHarry

Hi All,

It has been a while since my last post and I just felt I had to get back to you all.

On the 16th of April we hit the 6 month mark in Australia and on the 24th of May I will be in my current job for 6 months too, and it is going well. We have achieved so much in the short time we have been here.

Landed

Got GIVEN a car (by some amazing people)

Found a place to rent

Found a job in another state

Moved states

Found new house to rent

Furnished said house

Started new job

Bought car

Wife also started working (this does make life easier...)

Settled in better

Looked for property to buy

Eventually just bought 5 acres

Planning to build our dream home (we dream small :ilikeit: )

Planning a short holiday to Bali in a couple of months

Not only can our move be measured by what we achieved in work and general success, but we are also safe and happy. My son sleeps with the most contented look on his face, and I know he is not in any REAL danger here. That feels amazingly satisfying.

If you told us where we would be now a year ago, we would not believe you.

We are forever happy that we did what we did, we left our family, friends and our lives. We started over with nothing but a plan, an Idea, in a different place where the people talk funny and and make constant fun of each other. We are now getting more and more settled in a place that is fast becoming home to us. A Place that welcomed us more than our own county. A Place that is similar to the place we grew up in, where my son can literally play in the street, and he does. We know we will be here for years to come.

Thank you again to all that gave us the strength and advice when we needed it.

Staya.....we love you!!!

KalahariHarry

• Like 10

Don't you just love it when a well laid plan comes together?

Indeed Mara I do...I know before we left, success stories gave us strength and I hope our story does the same for others. Take the plunge peeps!!!

• Like 1

Ya Harry,

The only thing wrong is that Prado of yours...PMSL. So happy that you are settling in nicely and doing well. Respect. I'll say it again, Attitude determines Altitude.

• Like 1