Breaking News: IELTS jhb

neburr

Dear All

I hate to be the bearer of this news.

Language Lab (Braamfontein, Johannesburg) has just informed me that they cannot host the IELTS exam going forward with immediate effect.

Mathew has indicated in the email that he will be processing refunds.

Apologies in advance for those scheduled to write tomorrow or in the coming weeks.

I do know that the British council, in Hyde Park has not bookings in the near future.

apologies to everyone else affected by this like me.

Hi neburr, also affected by this - was supposed to write in Cape Town 20/09....

One advantage you have in JHB is that the BC tests are also every fortnight, as was the case with Language Lab. Down here in Cape Town they are once a month :(

I hope that perhaps some additional tests can be scheduled to accommodate what must be a very large group of Sept/Oct/Nov bookings made through Language Lab.

Of course the news breaks on a Friday, when getting any feedback on our options will not be forthcoming.

Of all the stumbling blocks and stresses this process will put in our paths, this was one I bet no-one anticipated.

:magic: waiting for the rabbit to be pulled out of a hat now :)

Not great news. But try booking at the brittish council in Randburg asap. They book up pretty quick but we had a great experience on 6 Sep ... just waiting results now. Best of luck

Hi Folks

No idea why this happened. Al they were prepared to say, was that IELTS Australia will not allow them to host the tests going forward. I hope that this does jot fuel the speculation of the exam being a money making scam of some sort, or the other view where candidates could not believe they simply could not get decent scores on the test.

Overall it is bad news.

Just did an online booking for British Council's IELTS for 18 October down in Cape Town - decided not to wait for feedback from agents as to our options now in case it is the only option for Capetonians until further notice.

Hi Folks

No idea why this happened. Al they were prepared to say, was that IELTS Australia will not allow them to host the tests going forward. I hope that this does jot fuel the speculation of the exam being a money making scam of some sort, or the other view where candidates could not believe they simply could not get decent scores on the test.

Overall it is bad news.

Maybe caught allowing people other than the candidate to take the test?