Visa Application Charge Increases 1st September

Visa Application Charge Increases 1st September

News just coming in that there will be an increase in many visa application charges as of the 1st September 2013!
As an example the Skilled Independent basic charge will increase from $3060 to $3520.

Primary Applicant $3,520
Secondary Applicant >18 $1,760
Secondary Applicant <18 $880

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2013L01534

This along with the additional applicant fees introduced in August will be a real blow to many would-be visa applicants.

Tee

Edited by TeeTMI

Theu are really putting the squeenze on would-be immgrants!

As there are a number of people on the forum interested in the Contributory Parent Visa

As of the 1st September

First Instalment
Basic Charge $2370
Additional Applicant >18 $1185

Second Instalment
$48,550 (per applicant)

Wasn't the second instalment for the CPV charge previously about $33k?! That's a massive increase!

Edit - never mind. It was about $42k - still about a 15% increase :'(

Edited by Donovan83

Why this increase again when it was already nearly doubled from July, two months ago?

Thanks for sharing Tee !

:(

You are welcome - I just wish I was rather coming on and saying that there has been a 15% reduction in fees.

I would love to be posting something more positive!

Yes , I understand :)

You always keeping us updated is priceless though, thanks for your kindness and for always sharing. I really do appreciate it.

They really are making it more and more difficult for people in 3rd world countries to make the move.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the info. By "Secondary Applicant >18" and "Secondary Applicant >18", I assume this includes my spouse and children (dependants)?

Thank you for the info. By "Secondary Applicant >18" and "Secondary Applicant >18", I assume this includes my spouse and children (dependants)?

Yes, in respect of the skilled independent visa one person 'the primary applicant' will be assessed for their eligibility re the skills/occupation.

The other visa applicants are the primary applicants partner and dependants:

• 'Secondary Applicant >18' refers to dependants over the age of 18 this would include partners, and adult dependants over 18 years of age.
  • 'Secondary Applicants <18' would be dependants under the age of 18, such as your children.

The secondary applicant fees were recently introduced

Tee

Edited by TeeTMI

Thank you Tee. Wow, this is turning out to be quite an expensive excercise :( - I guess one has to look at the bigger picture. We decided to move about a month back as we just weren't sure what the future held in store for our 2 kids and thought we'd rather just make the move now rather than wait to find out. Awaiting my assessment results currently, after which we'll be able to apply for the visa (hopefully having been successful with the assessment).

Thank you Tee. Wow, this is turning out to be quite an expensive excercise :( - I guess one has to look at the bigger picture. We decided to move about a month back as we just weren't sure what the future held in store for our 2 kids and thought we'd rather just make the move now rather than wait to find out. Awaiting my assessment results currently, after which we'll be able to apply for the visa (hopefully having been successful with the assessment).

Yes, it is has been quite awful for people who were in the pipeline this year and have been hit by the secondary applicant charges plus the increased fees which have effectively double the visa application charge for a family of 4 in a matter of months.

I feel so bad for everyone hit by this blow just after the blow if the July increases. Huge huge hugs to you all! !

no words. :( :( :(

:'(

Oh my word...if we had to apply now it would cost us 60k just for the app, excluding the skills assessments (x2), IELTS (x2) and medicals (x3)!

Yep! Hence the fact that some of us have to change the game plan altogether and consider an alternative route in - not cool, but I guess it is a test of your will and determination to get to Aus ... How badly do you want to go?!?! :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

Wow,can anyone tell me how much the following visas will be p.ease?

1. Permanent residency( will apply from a 457 visa after the required period)

2. When I qualify after being a perm resident for a million years, citizenship

Heard its really expensive. I will have employment.

Kind regards

Moving to an employer sponsored visa (immediately - or 2 year transitional) or skilled independent permanent residence visa from a 457 as of 1st September

Visa application charges

Primary Applicant $3,520
Secondary Applicant >18 $1,760
Secondary Applicant <18 $880

Remember if you are eligible for one of the non-employer sponsored visas at any time you can apply for PR earlier.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

NO!!!
well this is a bit like a log still rooted to the ground in the road and not a
small hurdle, my wife and I decided 3 months ago to make the move, and she is adamant to
go to Perth when we go just to help with the transition (she was a Botha so
Afrikaans will play a role and we will like to be amongst others that speak Afrikaans).....
only starting our application for a 189 visa in Feb 2014. Will employers help with
the costs? Thanks to all for the info, it really helps with the planning!

Heinrich, some employers will help and some wont. There is no set rule and all of it is up for negotiation. But the rule of thumb seems to be that the higher the salary the more the company pays which seems illogical. Smaller companies need the worker but cant afford to pay tens of thousands for flights and visa fees and so on. So what they offer is a job only with the chance to live in Australia at your cost.

Thank you Jordy, it does make sense, the opportunity to live and work in Australia is really the only thing we can hope for and what we get as an extra is a bonus.

• Like 1

A little perspective - when I applied for a skilled migration visa in 2005 it was $1935 for myself and 2 kids. Now it would be $5200!