Rsms 857

Fourie Stephan

Is there anyone who left their employer within 2 years after receiving their 857 RSMS visa ?

Is there anyone who left their employer within 2 years after receiving their 857 RSMS visa ?

You need to be more specific.

If its for yourself I would say your taking a big chance especially since your RSMS was only granted in October.....

Normally u are required to work with your sponsored company for two years and stay and live in that area for the same length of time.

After the two years there are no chances of them Revoking your visa because you have not fulfilled your obligations of the sponsorship.

The sponsoring company still have obligations with DIAC to notify them of any changes relating to your sponsored visa grant.

They will not take into account the 457 visa as part of your 2 years employment.

Based on the fact that we are also a RSMS visa I think i am sort of accurate, interesting to hear any other comments though.....

I personally know a few people who bailed out of their regional jobs before the two years were up. If memory serves me correctly one lot moved after 8 months. According to our agent if you have been there for 18 months or more no-one will bat an eye-lid. Earlier than that could be a problem. But in the end of the day each case is looked at on its own merit and for whatever reasons you are wanting to move. Someone I know worked on a farm and was totally taken advantage of, overworked, underpaid.... they applied to DIAC to leave early and were given a letter of permission to do so. But if I remember correctly they had already been there close to 18 months. These people were on a 119 which is the off-shore version of the 857. I also know someone who moved on an 857 after less than a year with no problem. What DIAC told them is they have a contract with the employer and if it is not a problem to break that then it makes not difference to DIAC.

Archived