We got our visa!!!!!

Can't believe it - we have our visa grant..........

Lodged 136 on 1 Dec 2005 - 136 MODL

changed to 137 STNI South Australia (papers arrived at ASPC on 14 June 2006)

granted 137 on 16 June 2006

Have had a fantastic case officer - she was always happy to answer any of the many emails we sent and very quick as well.

To all those waiting good luck and don't be scared about emailing your case officers - they are human and i'm sure they know what we all go through with the endless waiting and worrying.

Cheers,

Paula

PS - will be making first entry towards the end of July (ADELAIDE here we come) :ilikeit:

Guest Seoul Sister

COOL !!!!!!

That is the best news ever ! :ilikeit::whome: Go and celebrate and have a fantastic weekend !!

Lots of smiles and happiness from Korea

Seoul Sister

;)

Oh congratulations!

THat really is wonderful news to start your weekend with.

In true Aussie way - Good on ya mate !

Congrats, see you here in Adelaide soon. :ilikeit:

PS: Dont come now, coldest nights in decades :whome:;)

Keep in tough and let us know how you go with the move.

Congratulations! :ilikeit::)

Now for the hard part.... the actual step.

Good luck, we are all right here with you. Have fun, keep it light, and don't worry too much.

Greetings,

Dreamy :ilikeit:

Well done :ilikeit::) might be cold but it is wonderful.best of luck with the move and hope that all goes well

Bullet

Thanks to all for your congratulations and well wishes.

It is the end of our weekend today and unfortunately cannot have a drink (living in a "dry" country), Have however enjoyed an appeltizer in a champagne glass if that counts :ilikeit:

Going to Adeliade towards the end of July and then on to Townsville for the birth of our Aussie nephew towards the end of August.

Will be leaving our 18 year old son in Aus to start an apprenticeship but the rest of the family will be returning to Saudi for a while so that we can get a few more dollars saved....

Can't wait for our hols though knowing that we are entering as permanent residents. Looking forward to having a look around Adelaide and even enjoying the cooler weather (we are sitting at about 45c over here at the moment with humidity at about 70%).

Thanks once again and see u all in downunder real soon :)

Congratulations! I'll pop a cork and join in your celebrations!!

(we are sitting at about 45c over here at the moment with humidity at about 70%).

Aaaahh, what I wouldn't give for weather like that! I'm freezing my fingers and toes off here in the "desert". I'm a tropical climate girl, and this is my first cold winter in years!

:ilikeit: (I know - sorry)

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi Paula,

Congratulations :ilikeit::):ilikeit: !

Just a question; why did you change your initial visa application from 136 (PR: Skill Independent) to STNI?

Enjoy the celebrations and good luck with the move!

Regards,

Pippa

Aaaahh, what I wouldn't give for weather like that! I'm freezing my fingers and toes off here in the "desert". I'm a tropical climate girl, and this is my first cold winter in years!

:ilikeit: (I know - sorry)

Greetings,

Dreamy

Isn't it amazing how we always want what we don't have :) . We lived in Scotland for a couple of years and towards the end all we did was complain about how miserable the weather was. Now we are here living in a constant heat wave and can't wait for a cooler climate and some decent rain (like you get in Johburg with the lekker thunder and lightning :ilikeit: )

Hi Paula,

Congratulations :ilikeit::):ilikeit: !

Just a question; why did you change your initial visa application from 136 (PR: Skill Independent) to STNI?

Enjoy the celebrations and good luck with the move!

Regards,

Pippa

Hi Pippa,

Thanks for the congrats :D

Hubby did his IELTS but did not get the needed score in one of the sections. He got a 9 for speaking but battled with the reading section (got 5.5 - he says he has been out of school for some 25 years so what can you expect :lol: ). He could have redone the IELTS but because we wanted to get our visas as soon as possible we opted to go STNI.

We had been nominated by South Australia a couple of years back and they kindly gave us a nomination again which was fantastic and real quick.

We have really been lucky - the final documents (IELTS, proof of employment and STNI) were received at ASPC on the 14th and we had our visa first thing on the 16th. Our case officer was fantastic and we constantly emailed her and she had no problem answering any of our questions.

As u can gather I am over the moon at the moment - it's been a long couple of years since we decided to go to Aus but definitely worth the wait :lol:

Cheers,

Paula

Hi Alsgal,

Congrats my dear! What a feeling! - Any chance you'll be changing your forum to als"goed" in stead of the als"gal"(pronounced in Afr!)

enjoy

Chirping BUG

Jisso, dis great man <_< Baie geluk jong, geniet julle trippie en vertel ons al die details!

We're here in the desert too (Abu Dhabi) and can sympathise with the heat - today it was around 47 deg, with around 70% humidity. And its just going to get hotter.... And we are stuck here for the summer unless a miracle happens with news from Oz.....