The 100 step process to immigrating to Australia from South Africa

Jordy

This was a great help to me and think it should constantly be brought to the forefront of posts to assist newbies.

Brenda

Best advice ever. Thank You. Have sent it to my family in Cape Town.

Hi All

Point 50 - There is a third quanrantine facility in Jhb, very close to Fourways (www.paws-resort.co.za) I have used them to kennel my dogs prior to them being a quarantine facility as well and I can HIGHLY recommend them.

Extract from their website :

Paws-Resort is a Kennel & Cattery set in 12 Acres of beautiful grounds just north of Beaulieu in Bridle Park. In October 2008, we were approved to Quarantine Dogs and Cats in the preparation for the travel to Australia. We have 25 dog kennels in 3 different sizes to accommodate Small dogs, Big Dogs as well as families of dogs. There are 4 large grassed exercise runs, and all Dogs are exercised daily. Our Quarantine Cattery consists of 10 large Kitty Cabanas to provide space and comfort.

Derek

• 8 months later...

This is an awesome list, and we've taken the ones that apply to us and added other personal items that need to be done. I seem to recall a list of items "To DO" when you arrive e.g. Register Centrelink, Register Medicare, Collect Bank cards, etc, etc......Am I daydreaming or can anyone point me in the right direction so I can plan our trip? Kat is going to kill me.....all this planning is driving her insane!!!

Yes, I would also love the 'to do' list for once we arrive. I was also unable to find the mentioned topic.

• 10 months later...

Hi

This list looks awesome... exactly what I need.

I'd just like to confirm - is everything still valid and up to date?

Thanks,

Carl

Hi

This list looks awesome... exactly what I need.

I'd just like to confirm - is everything still valid and up to date?

Thanks,

Carl

Everything is valid and up to date as far as I know.

• 4 weeks later...
Show how necessary the list is or perhaps necescary it is to plan migration properly.

I used Microsoft project to manage all tehse item and optimise timing and know what stage each was at. OPenProj from SourceForge.net is a freeware version of the same thing. I will test this one and perhaps submit a copy for those who prefer PC to papers.

I attempted to upload an Open Project plan but the forum will not allow these files to be uploaded. (*.pod file) I have beed sent a PM asking where it was but I had to email it to a different private ISP account

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Thank you for this list, we are looking to apply early next year. Sure this will help us alot!

• 1 month later...

Hey Jordy, got to agree, thank you for putting this together, and to all the others who so kindly took the time out to share for the rest of us still out here. I know this many be pushing my luck, but is there perhaps a link or some write up on what the major to do's are when one first arrives, such as tax file numbers, international drivers license needed for purchasing vehicles etc etc.....so in other words something along the lines of what you've done here, but perhaps 100 steps to surviving your first week in Oz?rolleyes.gif

10 000 views! :ilikeit:

times 100 steps

= 1 million little immigration steps :ilikeit:

• 2 months later...

Wow Jordy! Thanks so much :ilikeit:

Just wish the exchange rate was still that :whome:

Awesome info on this forum :D

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Wow! Over 20000 views x 100 steps = over 2 000 000 little immigration steps :ilikeit:

• Like 3

Wow! Over 20000 views x 100 steps = over 2 000 000 little immigration steps :ilikeit:

:ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

• 1 month later...

Wow thanx Jordy! Now I tOo know where to begin!this is really helpful :-)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you ..thank you!

I've literally printed this out and have it next to me on my desk...my [long] new to-do list.

Can't frankly believe you managed to insert every tiny piece of detail in the whole process into 100 action points to attend to. Being at point #1 is a tad daunting...but I know that before I blink we'll be over the halfway mark and near the 100 finish line.

Appreciate you taking the time to compile this Jordy. Ta

Jan

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

interesting ready, but I wonder if someone has an updated one that will have the steps with EOI on

• 2 months later...

Wow, I can still remember printing out this list when we were in the final stages of our immigration process. This was very handy even though we were already through the application process and had just received our PR visas. I felt a sense of accomplishment reading through the "Decision making process" and the "Visa application process" and the only thing left on that was to book our air tickets through IOM.

It helped me when I needed it most and for that I thank you Jordy so much for guiding us through those last few steps. :yourock:

• Like 1