Assessment of qualifications

DesertDaisy

In our pursuit of a 457 visa, we have been sending my dh's CV everywhere we can. It appears that there are actually quite a few jobs available for paramedics in Oz, but most require you already to have residence, and if you are not already resident, some require you to have your qualifications assessed before you are even able to apply!

Fortunately they have supplied us with the relevant contact people for the assessment, and we are now just waiting for feedback on costs, timeframe etc.

Just a quick question for you lot though - if a qualification is assessed in one state, is the assessment then also valid for the other states? I sure hope so, because its going to end up hugely expensive and time consuming to do one for every single state.....

Hi

I would guess that a paramedic would have national registration, however, this is something I would definitely check with the registration body, you said you were waiting to hear what the cost would be, check with them - then you have it straight from the horse's mouth.

Teachers, I think, have to register from state to state, I am not sure.

The whole issue can be confusing.

Om aan te sluit by die vorige...

Soos wat ek dinge lees moet ek eers aansoek doen by Australia Computer Society www.acs.org.au/ vir 'n "skills assessment" en ook die IELTS toets gaan skryf voor ek vir 'n visum aansoek doen. Is dit so? Ek het 'n BSc en werk as analis programmeerder.

Indien so, hoe doen ek aansoek by ACS? Dalk is ek blond, maar ek kom nie verby hulle home page nie. Moet ek eers by hulle aansluit en die (vrek baie) aansluitings fooie van $430 betaal en dan vir hulle vra vir 'n assessment en hoeveel gaan dit my dan nog kos?

Help tog 'blief

Hi Godan

If you go to the following link, it will take you to the member section where it explicitly tells you what to do, just browse around.

http://www.acs.org.au/index.cfm?action=sho...skillassessment

Good Luck!

Hi Mara

Thanks for making a stumbling block a stepping stone.

Love