Alberton forumites?

nitro

Hey All,

I would like to meet up wih some of you forum members to chat about this big move and all the paperwork that goes with it. I see there is a coffee club being organised in JHB in the near future. Do any of you live in or around Alberton? We could possibly meet for a dring one afternoon to chat. It would be great to eet some of you.

Cheers,

Hi.

I work near Alberton. (In Leondale actually)

I am a little pressed for time as I end work on Friday 14th, leave for holiday on Sat 15th, and then leave for Melbourne in january.

Send me a pm and we can see if we can set something up, alternatively ask me any questions via a PM and I will see if I can answer them for you.

• Like 1

Hi,

I live Lambton and work in Meyersdal.

I would also like to meet up with some movers.

My husband left for Sydney last week, I'm leaving my job on 14 Dec and then we just waiting for our houses registration to get done. Will proberbly be the first week in Jan.

Cheers

Lynette

Good idea, pm me your contact details and I'll phone you as soon as my container leaves on the 21st Dec.

Well hello there........

We live in Mulbarton, next to Glenvista, and I work in Meyersdal as well, funny thing Lynette and I work together. So yip when arrangements are made it will be actually quite lekker to meet anyone in the surrounding area's as well. Who knows maybe we can organize a big coffee afternoon, will be very interesting to see how many of us that live so close together are leaving for Aussie.

Let me know who else is interested.

Cheerio

Kathy

Sounds good Kathy. PM me your details. I have Lynettes details and will contact you when we arrange a meeting. Are you aound in December or are you going away.

Hi Daar,

Ons bly ook in Alberton. Ons is meeste van Desember nog hier. Laat weet maar wat en waar.

Wimpie

Hi al die Oos Randers,

Is julle almal op pad hierheen? Kan nie glo daar is soveel van Alberton wat wil weg nie! Julle maak die regte besluit....sien julle aan die anderkant! MAAK GOU!

Groete,

Kannidood - eks Albertonner.

Hey kannidood, good to know there are some Albertonians there already!

Hopefully will see you soon.

I will try and set up a small get together towards the end of December with those of us that are available. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers,

Sorry for my lack of replies.

I have been pretty hectic with me ending work on Friday.

I leave for holiday on saturday until 6 Jan, and they coming to pack my container on Jan 14, so time is pretty short.

• 3 months later...

Hi Albertonions

Have you all already left for Oz am I the only one left behind. Please let me hear from you.

Charm's

Sien....die Albertonners het wakker geskrik en besef.............

My vriendin is beroof by die Absa in Voortrekker straat. Sy kon nie omdraai nadat sy geld getrek het by die ATM nie...die hordes het haar toegestaan en toe sy tot verhaal kom is haar handsak weg. Met haar geld, ID, lisensie, bank kaart, sleutels vir die huis en die kar. Se julle my hoe vervang mens daai goed daar met die wonderlike diens van die staats departemente?

Maar daar gaan ek alweer...almal weet tog die dinge.

Julle moet lekker kuier en koffie drink en as daar iets is waarmee ek kan help, se net.

Ek het lekker gebly in Alberton, net jammer van.......... :thumbdown:

Groete,

PS, stuur bietjie fotos van Alberton asb.

en gaan eet vir oulaas by die Boma :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Albertonions

Have you all already left for Oz am I the only one left behind. Please let me hear from you.

Charm's

Hi Charm's, we are still here in SA, currently going through the process of moving to Oz. Are you also thinking of moving to Oz. We're going for our Medicals today. Not sure when we'll be moving to Oz but getting all the paper work out of the way.

Let's see what happens - regards Mrs Nitro

Hi Mrs & Mrs Nitro and Albertonians,

I cannot believe how quick time has gone, last year in December Lynette and myself were gonna meet up with you guys for coffee and time has so flown by.

My progress is as such that my Hubby and Son have already been in Perth since the 14th March, and GUESS WHAT!!!!!!!!!! I am off tomorrow 10th April to meet up with them. I am so excited but so very sad in the process of the goodbye's, got to bed this morning at 3.30 but have so much last minute things to do still.

May not be able to get on the Forum too soon after arriving, so I want to wish "THE ALBERTONIANS" and the rest of S.A. who are in the process of doing it, getting done with it, and getting there all the very best of luck, and if anybody is off to Perth please let me know so that we can meet up for coffee.

Cheerio

Kathy and the Wilson Family

Hi Kathy,

We are ldging our 457 any day now and hope to see you in Perth by July this year!

Cheers

Wimpie

• 2 weeks later...

Ja al julle Albertonners,

Ek en my man en twee kinders bly nou in Melbourne. Ons het Januarie hier aangekom. Oz is nice, maar ek mis Alberton verskriklik!!!

Al my familie en vriende is nog daar. Ek is daar gebore en het daar groot geword. Ek het altwee my kinders in die Clinton gehad, die tweede enetjie was drie maande oud toe ons hier geland het. Risky move, maar ons moes die geleentheid vat toe my man hier werk gekry het.

Geniet Alberton. Gaan eet baie by Wimpy en Spur voordat julle kom.

Enjoy!

Elana

• 5 months later...

Hey there

Where have all the people from Alberton gone??? Aus???

Well we are still here, seeing our agent on monday to get things going!!! Can't wait, got my doc's ready so hope it will all be smooth running from here with very few potholes!!! :ph34r:

Hope to hear from some of you!!

Joanne :)

Hey there

Where have all the people from Alberton gone??? Aus???

Well we are still here, seeing our agent on monday to get things going!!! Can't wait, got my doc's ready so hope it will all be smooth running from here with very few potholes!!! :lol:

Hope to hear from some of you!!

Joanne :ilikeit:

Hi Joanne

We are from Alberton and have not left yet. My wife is a nurse , did her IELTS on saturday, I sent my TRA to our agent in aus last monday so he can go over it and send to the TRA people, I am writing IELTS on 25 oct . We are still here.

Wayne

Hi daar,

Ons kom van Alberton af. Ons is nou in Melbourne.

Hoop dit gaan goed met julle proses, see you soon.

Elana

Howzit Joanne,

I'm here in Perth!!!! So keep in touch and we will be here when you need us.

Cheers

Kathy

Hey there :lol:

Wayne:

This is pretty freaky, I am also a Nurse, did IELTS in July so I am sure your wife has done well! The reason I say it is freaky is my Husbands name is also Wayne!! :ilikeit:

Kathy and Elana:

Wish we were there already, sick and tired of this place!!! :censored:

Joanne

wow,

Ex Albertonner myself. Ek verlang vreeslik baie na die pick and pay sausage rolls of die lemon tree!!

Verlang net so baie na die dros by die lemon tree... (baie saterdae aande daar gekuier!!)

bly nou in Adlelaide!!

wow,

Ex Albertonner myself. Ek verlang vreeslik baie na die pick and pay sausage rolls of die lemon tree!!

Verlang net so baie na die dros by die lemon tree... (baie saterdae aande daar gekuier!!)

bly nou in Adlelaide!!

Never tried a sausage roll from them. I think I will get one for lunch.There is now a woollies food right next to P&P at the lemon tree, dont know if it was there before you left.

wayne