Skilled migration visa

Guest colton

Guest colton

Have a burning question. We have applied for a skilled migration visa and things seem to be moving really quickly, or so our agent advises us :whome: . We had planned on having our whole family out by the end of next year, some going ahead earlier. Decided to put out some feelers and see what was available for hubby job wise, one of the first jobs we came across he really liked and it had lots of perks and was with one of the larger well known companies in australia, he applied and now they have come back and shown lots of interest in him, they want to do a telephone interview on Monday!!!!

Now comes the question... what do we do? Do we continue with our skilled visa on this side but let him go over on a sponsorship visa in the meantime? Is this possible? How can he go now without jepordising our skilled visa? Is there any other way he can work there, maybe on a working holiday visa or something? Sorry I have no clue about these things and can't wait till monday to speak to the agent as he will have to have answers ready for his interview :ilikeit::ilikeit:

In my first post ever I said we wanted to go NOW, be careful what you wish for!!!

Guest colton

Thanks for that it does help, at least he will have something to tell them re the visas. Our agent keeps saying not too long but no definite timeline, she has only said it will DEFINITELY be through by the end of the year. Hopefully we will get skilled visa after sponsorship visa. :boxing:

When you are offered a job through sponsorship you will be granted a 457 visa we had ours within 2 weeks.

If your husband gets the job you will most likely find that because it is a big company they do their visa docs through an immigration agent. Some companies like hudson and ernst young have their own immigration or visa departrment. I am sure if this is the case the company will be able to offer you some advise.

As far as your general skills visa goes have you done your medicals and your police clearance etc? Once you have done those you can possibly have your visa within 2 months. Also you will need to find out about changing your visa to an onshore or offshore application. I am not sure how it will all work as you will be in Oz but contact an agent about that.

Remember that your agent is being paid to get you a general skills visa and might worry that you will pull out of the whole thing if you get a 457 visa so they might be biased in their opinion. Maybe it would be worth chatting to another agent or asking dimia for their opinion.

Oh and good luck on the interview I remember those anxious telephone calls at 2 am and the vcs etc. You will be so relieved when it all falls into place.

Best of Luck