Offshore PR while on 475

Hi

Can I submit my PR 136 application while in SA, then go over on a 475 while it is being processed? Or must I keep the PR 136 until I'm in Oz. I believe it might be a problem if you do this? My problem is, I now (at long last) have all the paper work to apply for the PR 136, but during the wait period (min. 12 months if I believe everything I read) want to apply for work and come over on a 475.

Regards

Guest Lara

Yes you can submit your 136 and then go over on a 457. But you must be quick about going over otherwise your temp visa could cancel your permanent visa.

Is your 136 MODL or non-MODL?

We are going over on a 457 - my hubby is currently doing his skills assessment - we'll apply for 136 in Australia.

Just remember a later visa grant overrides an earlier visa. So if you were to be granted a permanent visa like 136, and if you had a 457 or other temporary visa application in the system, you would need to withdraw that application immediately. Otherwise your PR 136 visa could be cancelled and replaced with a 457.

Hi

Can I submit my PR 136 application while in SA, then go over on a 475 while it is being processed? Or must I keep the PR 136 until I'm in Oz. I believe it might be a problem if you do this? My problem is, I now (at long last) have all the paper work to apply for the PR 136, but during the wait period (min. 12 months if I believe everything I read) want to apply for work and come over on a 475.

Regards

Hi, thanks for the response. It is a not a MODL, so it will take a while to process, as far as I know. I believe a 475 is much quicker.

Regards

Hi

Regards