Ironing Services Required

SASydneysider

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a good ironing service in The Hills area (Sydney).

Ironing is one of the chores I least enjoy and because I was never taught how to do it properly, it takes me forever to get it done. Ironing is also the last thing I feel like doing when I get home late from work during the week. Weekends I want to relax and do my own thing without having the ironing hanging over my head.

Currently, hubby's shirts go to the dry cleaner to be washed and ironed and that costs us $13 for 5 shirts.

I have noticed there are ironing services who pick up and deliver.

Can anyone recommend a good ironing service?

Cheers

SAS

Edited by SASydneysider

SASydneysider.

I have two suggestions for you. At Castle Towers they have the local suburban paper similar to the North Shore times where people advertise their iron skills in the job section of the newspaper. Have a look at that.

Second suggestion. We also work very long hours and hubbie was getting tired of ironing his shirts 12 am at night. So we replaced all his Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts with Geoffrey Beene non-iron shirts and boy was that fabulous. All he does is pop them in the washing machine and hangs them up to dry. The next day he has a crisp clean shirt that is completely wrinkle free and ready to wear. :holy:

Edited by sonnetjie

So we replaced all his Ralph Lauren Polo Shirts with Geoffrey Beene non-iron shirts and boy was that fabulous.
Hi Sonnetjie,

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

I would just like to check with you if I understand the polo shirts to be what I know as a golf shirt, which is made of knitted fabric. The golf shirt has a collar with 3 - 5 buttons down the front. Is this the shirt you are referring to?

My hubby wears a suit every day with a business shirt. These shirts are mostly cotton or a cotton blend, so they need ironing. I also wear blouses with my suits and even though they have percentages of elastine in the material, they still don't look good without having been ironed.

SAS

My hub also wears a suit to work everyday the Polo business shirts are made by Ralph Lauren they are 100% cotton they are business shirts not golf shirts. The Geoffrey Beene non-iron shirts are also business shirts. I mostly wear suits to work myself, but have bought the fine woollen singlets and tops that don’t need any ironing as I personally don’t have the time to iron.

PS: Saw on the Gumtree http://www.gumtree.com.au/ a while back a person that was advertising her ironing skills. I asked at church and they mentioned the hills local paper is the Trading Post. All the best with your search in finding a good ironing lady.

I've considered making use of an ironing service so many times (especially when I'm sweating away behind the ironing board watching boring daytime television) but I've decided to use the $20 to treat myself to coffee & cheesecake instead! :(

Here's a few ironing services in the Hills: (They pick up & deliver from your house and usually charge per basket of max 20 items - some are open 7 days)

9836 1608 or 0492 839 084

9687 9939 or 0407 409 659

9626 1586 or 0422 116 162

Hope this helps. If you decide to go for the cheesecake option instead, maybe we can meet up??...... :)

Thanks Riekie!

Much as I love cheesecake, my hatred of ironing enables me to sacrafice the cheesecake (joking about sacraficing the cheesecake!).

The best is of course to have the cheesecake and get the ironing done!

Cheers

SAS

Guest Seoul Sister

Hi gals,

I share your hatred of ironing (and of course love for cheesecake) and was thinking :

It's probably best to go for cheesecake while the ironing IS BEING DONE !! :ilikeit:

Pity you're not in Korea, here mundane things, like ironing, are done cheaply by Philippino nannies always eager to earn extra cash to send home. (I don't use their services, but from all of the cheesecake/coffee mornings I attend I have heard all about it)

Good luck darlings.

Love from here

SS

:)